• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

You can force the glitch by downloading TCPView from Microsoft. Start the Christmas station and then close the connection to the bottom 2 Beat Hazard entries.

That's terrible.

Thanks!

I'm officially on board with this promotion now. Full steam ahead, by any means necessary.*

*Within limits, of course.

Faeire Solitaire is $1.00 right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/38600

header_292x136.jpg

I grabbed this for $1.74 during a previous sale and I have since played it for about 12 hours. There is a silly story, but also powerups you can buy as you progress as well as steam achievements. It's a great casual card game, and everyone should pick it up for that price. Just add it to whatever you buy next, you won't regret it.

Fularu

Banned
They have to flag your account to allow international purchases or whatever. It's 8:15 AM there now, but you might want to see if someone can get the games you want and you pay them back.

All I want is "Bunch of heroes"...

Well I guess my wallet will be safe during this holiday sale.

Wag

Someone want to throw me a coup?

Singularity looks like a decent enough deal. Is it worth $7.50? I'm considering waiting for it to hit $5.

Also tried EDGE, which is pretty fun, if very challenging. I can't quite work out the controls though. Playing with a 360 pad, how do I stay on the edge to ride along with a moving platform? I can't seem to consistently do that.

You have to gently hold in the direction of the platform so your block is hanging or leaning against it. If you press too hard you will just flip on or off of the platform. I use Mouse/KB but it should be easier with an analog stick.

For those wondering how to check your intevntory in Spiral Knights- just press I. It's called your "arsenal".

What I did:
  1. load up Spiral Knights (in fullscreen).
  2. Press I to view my arsenal and expanded each tree.
  3. When done, log out/ close the game (don't minimise).
  4. Refresh your Steam inventory.

I tried this and it didn't work for me, no Spiral Knights in my inventory at all

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh Steam, you so stupid. Now that you finally let me view my inventory you won't let me unpack any gifts. I am disappoint.

Ok, somehow the games have now been added to my library, but they are also still in my inventory. Oh well, guess they'll disappear from there eventually.

Also, I just got a few lovely 503s again. Man, this sale has been an absolute mess server-wise so far.

Remfin

I realize that, but it appears to actually be worthwhile in this scenario
They've been free to do that for everything Steam has done so far.

Including the one with TF2 hats that people were paying $5/game for things they never wanted to play just to get the daily achievement. $0.44 stamps or $5 games, hmmmm....

Chesskid1

Banned
1 price mistake so far. 4pack of deadisland for $20.xx

let's hope for another one today!!!

t-minus 1 hr 30 min!!! GET HYPE!!

1 purchase so far by me, fable TLC.

Herla

I did the TF2 "trick" and I still see nothing in my inventory, but I got a Steam popup for the Renegade Ops DLC that said something like "new DLC for your game"...and I don't own Renegade Ops.
Does this mean it's one of the hidden gifts? That would be nice.

Artofwar420

Edit: Wish Edge was cheaper. It's just at that range that it's not too cheap or expensive. Five bucks seems a bit high for an achievement, anyone REALLY like it?

Someone want to throw me a coup?

Singularity looks like a decent enough deal. Is it worth $7.50? I'm considering waiting for it to hit $5.

It's 5 euro over here. I'm half tempted to pick it up.

edit - I've heard good things but the screenshots on the store page make it look like garbage.

Chavelo

So, gonna pull the trigger on some of this games...

Max Payne Bundle
Fable TLC

How is the new Sam & Max seasons compared to the old versions of the franchise?

rakhir

So i bought Portal 2 yesterday and gave it to my friend, but i have it still in my inventory.
What's up with that?
Did i end up with two copies because of that server crashes yesterday?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You have to gently hold in the direction of the platform so your block is hanging or leaning against it. If you press too hard you will just flip on or off of the platform. I use Mouse/KB but it should be easier with an analog stick.
I find EDGE to be easiest with a NUMPAD.

Is the Max Payne games any good? An hour and fifteen minutes to go. Help me out guys!
Yes.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So i bought Portal 2 yesterday and gave it to my friend, but i have it still in my inventory.
What's up with that?
Did i end up with two copies because of that server crashes yesterday?

Inventories still seem kind of broken. Mine at least started working again (it was completely dead earlier), but the gifts I've unpacked are still there (and in my games library). I think inventories just aren't updating properly, so they will keep showing gifts that aren't really there anymore. You most likely won't be able to gift the game again.

Artofwar420

Is the Max Payne games any good? An hour and fifteen minutes to go. Help me out guys!

Absolutely, actually I just played them about a year ago after a sale like this. Even the first one, which is getting up there in age looks alright. The second one looks specially good for its age.

But looks are not all, the gameplay and story are where the games shine. They got an awesome brand of humor only since seen in Alan Wake (same dudes). Bullet time all the way. /sleepdeprived

kai3345

Banned
So, gonna pull the trigger on some of this games...

Max Payne Bundle
Fable TLC

How is the new Sam & Max seasons compared to the old versions of the franchise?

That price is worth it for Season 3 alone, which IMO is the best season but Season 1 and 2 are still amazing as well.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, my inventory disappeared... :(

Corto

Using the mouse on this must be really frustrating, I can't imagine trying to use the Move. It was made with touchscreen in mind, and that's still the optimum way to play it.

It works flawlessly with the Move. I prefer it to touch control on my iPhone as my finger is not in front of the screen. It's my go-to game on iPhone though...

rakhir

Inventories still seem kind of broken. Mine at least started working again (it was completely dead earlier), but the gifts I've unpacked are still there (and in my games library). I think inventories just aren't updating properly, so they will keep showing gifts that aren't really there anymore. You most likely won't be able to gift the game again.
I suspected something like that...

Let's see if the game stays there for ever.

scy

I kept reading bad things about Bunch of Heroes. But, at the same time, $2.49 is definitely in the "why not" price range :/

StuBurns

Banned
I just got a few of those achievements, but I can't get the audiosurf one to work, for shame. Any very clear things I could be fucking up?

Dizzy-4U

I just got a few of those achievements, but I can't get the audiosurf one to work, for shame. Any very clear things I could be fucking up?
I got it yesterday. Played on normal with the pusher ship. The achievement didn't pop-up but when I minimized the game it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom