• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I opened up TF2, and checked my inventory at the menu, but I still can't see anything on Steam. I only unlocked the OMD cheevo.

What I did:

1. Started Portal 2, checked the co-op inventory (saw my stuff). Closed the game. No inventory.
2. Started TF2, checked inventory (saw my stuff). Closed the game. No inventory.
3. Restarted Steam. No inventory.
4. Gave up.
5. After a few minutes, my inventory was suddenly back.

Not sure if anything I did actually helped, but yeah.

StAidan

I opened up TF2, and checked my inventory at the menu, but I still can't see anything on Steam. I only unlocked the OMD cheevo.

I fixed my inventory this morning by unlocking the OMD, but it took about 10 minutes for it to show up on the web site. (And the Steam servers were undoubtedly under a lot lighter load at the time.)

wilflare

two options
(1) open a trade window with a friend, you should see the games gift if you have it
(2) open Portal 2 or TF2 and shift things around in your backpack/inventory, coals should appear.

mabz, gotta add this in OP

ElRenoRaven

Any advice on these? The premise of Westward seems awesome and I guess I like solitaire and a lot of people here have talked about Faerie Solitaire.

2087291-1.png

Fable TLC is a great game. I'd get that for sure. No clue on the other 2.

Sanic

Any advice on these? The premise of Westward seems awesome and I guess I like solitaire and a lot of people here have talked about Faerie Solitaire.

[/IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9544/2087291-1.png[/IMG]

All three have been recommended multiple times in the thread. I think you'll be fine :).

Well, glad to see that digital distribution is working out so well. I am not really sure how people defend it with the vigor in which it sometimes gets? I mean DD is alright for smaller / indie / budget / niche titles. Sure, steam is a little better than the pile it was back in 2003/2004, but it really has not gotten to that 99.99% of uptime.

I mean I get these fairly often...
TF2_game_unavailable.jpg

...and instead of waiting around and trying again, I end up either grabbing my PSP, or playing some old ass disc-based PC game because guess what... those always work!

TF2_game_unavailable.jpg

...and instead of waiting around and trying again, I end up either grabbing my PSP, or playing some old ass disc-based PC game because guess what... those always work!
Never seen that before. Never had to grab my DS or old ass disc-bassed pc games. Your point is invalid.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Everybody hurry the fuck up and buy Orcs must die before the next batch of sales.

DO EEET.

Mr_eX

Well, glad to see that digital distribution is working out so well. I am not really sure how people defend it with the vigor in which it sometimes gets? I mean DD is alright for smaller / indie / budget / niche titles. Sure, steam is a little better than the pile it was back in 2003/2004, but it really has not gotten to that 99.99% of uptime.

TF2_game_unavailable.jpg

Has anyone had problems actually playing games because of the steam sale? I thought people were just having problems with the store/inventory

lordy88

Is there a specific reason that nearly every developer has universal discounts on its products, but Ubisoft has ZERO?

Seriously, I wanted to pick up Might and Magic: Clash Of Heroes and Heroes VI...

Get your act together Ubisoft!

Anyone else got an opinion on this game? I'm running out of time here!
I paid 30 dollars for it and really enjoyed it. It's got one of the better single-player FPS campaigns of the last couple years I think. Obviously at this point it's only a single player game, but I think the campaign is worth 7.50.

Talyn

Anyone else got an opinion on this game? I'm running out of time here!
There are likely to be better games at better prices available. I'd say skip it this time unless you seriously need to play it now. (Granted, that's more general advice.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

TF2_game_unavailable.jpg

Make sure the game is up-to-date. I was getting the same error with Anomaly: Warzone Earth earlier today (well, yesterday) and soon discovered that all of my games were inexplicably set to "Do not automatically update this game". I switched to "Always keep this game up to date", the game updated, and all was fine.

Edit: Upon secondary investigation, my games are now back to the default setting. Oh, Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TF2_game_unavailable.jpg

How do you make Steam look like that? I haven't seen that skin in like five years and I only have the "default skin" interface option available.

Oh and because I stumbled into it and pissed me off, if it matters to you impulse buyers in the last ten minutes, SINGULARITY HAS NO SUBTITLES, AT ALL.

Just finished the Orcs Must Die Cheevo and it's not showing as done on the page.
Ditto. Figure it's just going to take a bit to update.

Fun game though, having a whole section filled with arrow traps was glorious. It's like a goofy version of Kagero, I'm glad I got it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you make Steam look like that? I haven't seen that skin in like five years and I only have the "default skin" interface option available.

Given the image belongs to a photobucket account with a different username, I'm going to assume that he just found a random image to illustrate his issue.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You guys have me interested in Westward IV: All Aboard. Anymore impressions on this one?

MNC

The most fun in steam is waiting/looking for the pricing errors and buying it as shitting fast as possible.

SO LET'S GET TO IT. SCOUR THE SITE AND LOOK FOR RIDICULOUS PRICES.

Zomba13

Ditto. Figure it's just going to take a bit to update.

Fun game though, having a whole section filled with arrow traps was glorious. It's like a goofy version of Kagero, I'm glad I got it.

Yeah. It is fun. Hope we get the gift though. Would suck not getting it and they should be able to back date the gift stuff because achievements have timestamps.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I'd say it's one of those clueless people again sprouting propaganda, but I let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I find it hilarious because his issue is pretty much very different from what is the current issue (i.e. too many users in Steam causing inventory to be slow).

Anyway, 10 more minutes til next sale o_o

Tenck

The most fun in steam is waiting/looking for the pricing errors and buying it as shitting fast as possible.

Hahaha, looking forward to a price error for the first time!

I never get to them on time :/

Steam is working again, if you want your 3rd back.

Scope has to sleep. If we can get two others, I'd like to try it before I head to bed myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom