• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Inventories still seem kind of broken. Mine at least started working again (it was completely dead earlier), but the gifts I've unpacked are still there (and in my games library). I think inventories just aren't updating properly, so they will keep showing gifts that aren't really there anymore. You most likely won't be able to gift the game again.
Every gift you have in your Gift Bag won't disappear after you gift it. HOWEVER, you cannot re-gift that gift: It'll complain about a problem with the server and you should try gifting it later. It will, most likely, be removed once it's given. Or be marked as given. Or something.

ALso, remember guys: If you're missing a Gift, it's simply because you got a Coal and the server was messed up yesterday. Run a game with a shared inventory with Steam (Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Spiral Knight), visit the in-game inventory, close the game and refresh your Steam Inventory Page: Your coal will show up there.

Tenck

Whats the Bunch of Heroes achievement like?

Pretty tough. With 3 people it's a nightmare, and even with 4 people, it makes you want to smash your head on nails. But, BUT, it's worth it for the coal!

Anyways, looking for two people to do the achievement with. Already have Petries and myself.

pfkas

Pretty tough. With 3 people it's a nightmare, and even with 4 people, it makes you want to smash your head on nails. But, BUT, it's worth it for the coal!

Anyways, looking for two people to do the achievement with. Already have Petries and myself.

I'm up for it, Steam ID : steviedisco

Petrie

Banned

So basically it's hard as fuck no matter what. Greeeeat.

Gav47

Asked this in the Steam Gifting thread but I might have better luck here.

Can someone tell me what the story is with the DiRT 3 keys from the AMD promo? Can they still be redeemed?

The_Monk

Is the Max Payne games any good? An hour and fifteen minutes to go. Help me out guys!

They were good when I played them back in the day, it depends how you look at them now.

Great setting/atmosphere in my opinion. It's up to you if you desire a good deal to increase your possible backlog? ;)

EDIT: Maybe I answered too late, ha!

jayhawker

I lasted 23 hours and finally bought the Max Payne bundle because it was just too good to pass up. It's hard to use the "I don't have time to play" excuse when the games are short. Sigh.

I did at least remove Orcs Must Die from my cart before I checked out. I'm going to get the You Monster expansion to Defense Grid instead whenever it goes on sale/last day.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I'm up for it. Add me on Steam (.M. Rain_1) or PM me here.

Artofwar420

I lasted 23 hours and finally bought the Max Payne bundle because it was just too good to pass up. It's hard to use the "I don't have time to play" excuse when the games are short. Sigh.

I did at least remove Orcs Must Die from my cart before I checked out. I'm going to get the You Monster expansion to Defense Grid instead whenever it goes on sale/last day.

Get Orcs Must Die... TOO! /shoulderdevil

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, gonna get the MP bundle as my only 1st day purchase. It's been many years since I played them, and I do remember them being good.

Anybody try Runespell Overture?

Thinking of picking this up since going on a long train ride with my new tab. From what I can tell MTG: 2010 works ok, so looking to pickup some others I can play. Ideas?

I've only played it an hour or so, but it seems a lot like puzzle quest but with poker. I think there's a demo you can try out, but there is a lot of talking (which you can skip), but that may rub some people the wrong way.

I posted it earlier, but Faerie Solitaire is $1.00 right now, and I enjoyed that more than the little time I've spent so far with Runespell.

Schmitty

I received Supreme Ruler: Cold War as a gift. Am I being trolled? The game looks like it is from the 90s but the release date is last year on Amazon

Petrie

Banned
Steam is being a piece of crap, so sorry to the guys I was trying to get that Bunch of Heroes gift with, it keeps disconnecting me.

gdt

I opened up TF2, and checked my inventory at the menu, but I still can't see anything on Steam. I only unlocked the OMD cheevo.

Ugh, I think I just bought Portal 2 as a gift for a friend right before noticing that I had gotten a copy in my gift bag for free. Unless I'm just getting confused and it showed up in my gift bag right after I purchased it? I haven't gifted anything on steam in quite a while so I'm not sure how this works...

Artofwar420

Any advice on these? The premise of Westward seems awesome and I guess I like solitaire and a lot of people here have talked about Faerie Solitaire.

2087291-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom