• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 33% off Valve Complete pack and 10% off SEGA games as gifts for today's achievements... FML.

Oh well, at least Psychonauts is on sale today. And Costume Quest. And Recettar... OH GOD HELP ME.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To Psychonauts or not to Psychonauts... I have $6 I could spend and I feel like I might be able to get EYE (already $3.75 on a 4-pack) and CoH with that, both of which I want more...

LuffyZoro

Illustration_huge_293840.jpg
Huge version of the illustration.

guhhh it's gonna take a long time for steam to discount witcher 2 to where i'll bite. for christ's sake it was $16 on amazon not that long ago, wish it was able to be activated on steam from them :(

Witcher 2 is worth way more than they are charging for it......

Nothing for me again today.

To buy dungeons or use my humble key...I feel bad about low balling the devs as they got nothing from the humble key buy (I bought it before they were added).

First steam day without "free Steam achievement" eh?
I think the translation leak showed only 7 so my guess is 7 Steam ones, 7 free to play game ones. Steam you only need the client. The f2p ones you need bandwidth to get the games and a computer which can run them. I'll have the former in 2 days but lose the latter making it useless.

My collection must be reaching that point of saturation everyone seems to hit where the dailies consistently underwhelm...because I already own most of the good ones. :p

I actually don't think that's a terrible price for Witcher 2, but I can't justify the purchase when I'm picking up so many other games for so much less.

Anyway, thinking about Dungeons of Dredmor...any good? I don't care that much about the achievement, but I'll buy it if it's fun. I need to look into Theatre of War, too...don't know anything about it.

edit: Yikes, 43 on metacritic for Theatre of War 3. Looks like a pass.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not interested in the daily deals (I want more LEGO games but I feel like LEGO Batman has been on sale about 3 times, and the other ones hardly ever get daily deals). However, I am tempted to get AI War just because the achievement is funny, even though the game is expensive in sale terms ($5 is expensive man, you could get 1.15 boxes of cereal etc.), and even though I would probably hate it.

Also, is this the first time they have done the extension thing where the previous day's sales go on for 3-4 hours after the new sales come up? That seems like a clever idea.

1-D_FTW

So does Valve have an Community item in the Treasure hunt today? From that screenshot, it appears no. But that'd be a first time.

KarmaCow

Thinking about Costume Quest and Psychonauts. Is there anything more to Costume Quest than the writing? The combat and quests looked pretty simple from what I've seen, but that was brief.

thefil

Costume Quest and Psychonauts for me. I tried and didn't like Psychonauts a while ago, but I think my tastes have grown up since then and I'll be more forgiving. Plus $2.50 for a GAF-loved classic, COME ON.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ok. So Psychonauts and Dungeons of Dreadmor for today, I think. Although, what are the chance DoD gets added to the humble bundle?

Nice haul. DoD is especially worth grabbing. Get the DLC as well, worth it.

Well I got my second gift I was supposed to get yesterday, and my gift for Spiral Knights.

50 percent off Poker Knight coupon...and a lump of coal....trade anyone?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If anyone gets repeated games or games you dont want from the random stuff send it over to poor people (Me who only has like 3 steam games :p)

Bought Psychonauts, I was waiting for it to go on sale for a while now. The original Witcher is only $2.50 now, everyone who doesn't have it should buy it!

Oreoleo

Also, is this the first time they have done the extension thing where the previous day's sales go on for 3-4 hours after the new sales come up? That seems like a clever idea.

I definitely recall them doing it once in a previous sale, but I couldn't tell you when it was. Either Summer Camp or last Christmas sale, presumably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom