• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do you need the new DLC for Dredmor to get the Holiday achievment? It says you need a Diggle Egg and the DLC is called Cave of the Diggles or soemthing

You dont need it, but if you like the game be sure to grab it afterwards since its a good expansion.

MNC

Buy Witcher 2 now or hold off and wait to see if it comes back for even cheaper on the last day? Doesn't that happen occasionally?

It doesn't come back cheaper. If you want it NOW, buy it NOW. if you have a backlog, I suggest you wait until you've played other games.

When is the next expected Steam sale?

Next year :)

The more appropriate question is how many games are in your backlog? And the answer is "a lot"

With all that Steam has given me plus consoles games I could literally hold til the end of next year if need be.

Just a consequence of being burned a few times where I bought a game, didn't play it, it went on sale again for a lower price, and I was just like ugh. No more.

(Its like the opposite of when publishers complain that people are buying used and not paying full price)

Askani

Gonna bite on Costume Quest and Chantelise. Probably Dungeons of Dredmore too. Damn.

Also, still haven't decided what to do with my free Counter Strike Source. Maybe I can organize a series of escalating trades where I somehow get Skyrim. :lol

The new Duke DLC isn't on sale? WEAK! I was really hoping to pick that up when Duke went on daily deal.

Oh well, I can wait. Maybe next summer.

1-D_FTW

I wonder if Valve pulled the Steam based freebies because of all the d-bags abusing it with multiple accounts.

Nothing for me today. Would pick Psychonauts up, but have a retail disc sitting in a box (for about the last 5 years it seems).

If anyone cares, I wish to save you from Duke. My review from steam community:

"Do not buy this game under any circumstances. Even if it's a dollar, there are easier and better ways to slowly rob yourself of fun and happiness."

The game pretty much gives you cancer. I had my expectations set so low and it still managed to crawl beneath them. All I wanted was an interactive museum exhibit about 3d realm's death, but instead I got one of the worst games I've played in years.

If you want a piss simulator go for it. If you want to continue living a happy life, don't.

Sysgen

Psychonauts is MINE!

Witcher 2 is Game of the Fuckin Year...and Witcher 1 is even better

Well this what happens when Amazon discounts too much (on their own as I understand it). It was $16 on Amazon and now I won't buy it till I see it for $16 on Steam.

Lyonaz

Phew, nothing for me today!

Only bought Orcs Must Die! so far. And still no PC that can actually run the majority of my steam games. Just a few more months till I get a new gaming rig.

MRORANGE

and all listed :) enjoy

p3cSZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/6CIVh.jpg

coopolon

I wish I could buy psychonauts. But every time I've downloaded the demo on multiple computers and try to start it, it launches a process, steam says I'm in a game for a second or two, then it just disappears.

This has been an issue since psychonauts was released on Steam.

I had hoped they would have fixed it when they recently updated the game, but apparently not.

Mrbob

At least my inventory works now. Got 3 pieces of coal lol but Portal 2 as a gift? I only had 3 gifts from day one, though! I already own Portal 2 though, guess I'll trade it for something else!

Chuck

Still without luck
I'm biting on Psychonauts for $2.50. Does it work with a wired 360 pad? Wasn't it recently given achievements, too?

Yes and Yes. Only problem with the controller support is the buttons that appear on screen are keyboard buttons. but there is a mod being developed (or finished I haven't checked) that fixes that. Also, cloud saves.

BlueCrow

Neo Member
Gonna bite on Costume Quest and Chantelise. Probably Dungeons of Dredmore too. Damn.

Also, still haven't decided what to do with my free Counter Strike Source. Maybe I can organize a series of escalating trades where I somehow get Skyrim. :lol

If you end up with nothing to do with it, I'll take it. Yes, I don't have CS:S...

gdt

So, for today, Costume Quest, Psychonauts, and Tropico 4. Thought about Dungeons of Dreadmore , but randomly generated ewwwwww.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

"Do not buy this game under any circumstances. Even if it's a dollar, there are easier and better ways to slowly rob yourself of fun and happiness."

The game pretty much gives you cancer. I had my expectations set so low and it still managed to crawl beneath them. All I wanted was an interactive museum exhibit about 3d realm's death, but instead I got one of the worst games I've played in years.

If you want a piss simulator go for it. If you want to continue living a happy life, don't.

I was more positive than this guy. There were things I liked. I didn't love it, and it wasn't an excellent game by any stretch, but there were neat elements and I don't regret playing it. I wrote a review here that you might want to read. I would characterize my review as highly critical but marginally positive.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm confused...

Psychonauts at 75% off, but not in Daily Deals, but is in the Steam character illustration banner, but but... the rule about wait until last day for daily deals!!!

What do I do GAF!?!?!

I agree with this man. Game is utter trash. Not worth 99p, because presumably your time s more valuable than that.

LCfiner

What's nice about this year's sale for me is there's still lots of daily deals that I'm waiting for:

Saint's Row 3
Rage
Deus Ex: HR
Bulletstorm
Space Marine

I was more positive than this guy. There were things I liked. I didn't love it, and it wasn't an excellent game by any stretch, but there were neat elements and I don't regret playing it. I wrote a review here that you might want to read. I would characterize my review as highly critical but marginally positive.

I enjoy living in hyperbole on the internet :p

I still think it's not worth 5 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom