• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 2 is absolutely worth $23. JUST GET IT.

I agree. If you have the time to play the game right now, it is absolutely worth it at that price. Even at launch it was worth it at $60, which thankfully CD Projekt didn't charge. The Witcher 2 is such an amazing experience that a few bucks difference from the Amazon price a few weeks ago is not going to matter for having the convenience of Steam, and Steam achievements.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dungeons of Dredmor can be done on the first floor, took me around 10 minutes. Just grab Alchemy at the start.
It's very quick to do. I just did it. However, the pile of gifts page did not update yet.

But I already got the achievement.

Petrie

Banned
Kind of want Recettear but I don't know about buying games without gamepad support.

Decisions, decisions...

I have never played Recettear with my keyboard and mouse, and never had to do anything but plus in my 360 pad.

YMMV

Anybody in Spiral Knights want to throw me 10 crowns so I don't have to figure out where I need to go to earn some and can just go get my Cheevo? Please?

gdt

How is Tropico 4? I really only play Civ 5, love it. Put 45 hours in so far, thought I haven't played it since Skyrim came out.

Bumhead

Banned
Contemplating Duke Nukem and LEGO Batman today.

Any particular reason why I should avoid either at these prices? Will cost me less than £6 to grab both.

dLMN8R

evRgu.png

WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU OWN PSYCHONAUTS YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING????

:p

Nothing for me today. I'd get Witcher 2 but it has gone up against a rule that I will never break. That is that if there will be another Steam sale before I even see myself getting a chance to play the game, no buy, no exceptions.

Gifting still bonked? I have a Portal 2 I'm trying to send to a friend and keep getting the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction..." message.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Sell me on Costume Quest. It sounds very interesting and nostalgic in those Disney Channel Original Halloween movies way. Is there local or online co-op?

Sysgen

Sacred 2 DOES NOT HAVE THE EXPANSION and IS NOT SUPPORTED UNDER WINDOWS 7. Proceed at your own risk. Valve is asking for trouble by putting this game on a daily deal.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't understand the point of these christmas objectives/achievements if they're always supposed to be broken ._.

kai3345

Banned
Do you need the new DLC for Dredmor to get the Holiday achievment? It says you need a Diggle Egg and the DLC is called Cave of the Diggles or soemthing

Shambles

$10 for Sacred 2? Brrr, bad deals today.

Oh, derp.

BTW, why aren't any of the Sacred 2 expansions available?

Developer shut down. They only got it out the door for the European market. Never came to NA from what I understand.

Lego batman might tempt me. Does it implement local co-op well?

scitek

I'm afraid to buy anything because Steam is fucking glitching all over the place right now. I added Psychonauts to my cart, then it disappeared, and I had to add it again. I try to check out and it tells me to sign in, then half-way through signing in it takes me to my PayPal page and already has me signed in. WTF

Zzoram

How is Tropico 4? I really only play Civ 5, love it. Put 45 hours in so far, thought I haven't played it since Skyrim came out.

Tropico 4 doesn't really have combat. You have an army but they fight rebels automatically.

It's mostly building cities and managing the economy and watching people and cars move around while listening to Caribbean music. It's a damn great game if you're not someone who needs combat in their strategy games.

inky

Sell me on Costume Quest. It sounds very interesting and nostalgic in those Disney Channel Original Halloween movies way. Is there local or online co-op?

No coop. Its a very simple my first RPG kinda game, but very charming. It'll last you some 5 hours, it's fun and it's got lots of personality. I enjoyed it a lot.

RedSwirl

I was gonna try out Costume Quest but no I don't need to play that game. I have enough.

SticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplanSticktotheplan

C.T.

you can click on the shopping icon next to the prize to purchase multiple games without going to the cart after all the time.

How do you make Steam look like that? I haven't seen that skin in like five years and I only have the "default skin" interface option available.
I just pulled one from an image search on the internet... the message is still the same even though the skin has changed... I got that error last night btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom