• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to get some of the Half Life things later today when the Store might actually work properly. Going to get Half-Life, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and probably Episode 1 too... Already have Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

Can someone explain the coal thing?

Volcynika

Going to get some of the Half Life things later today when the Store might actually work properly. Going to get Half-Life, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and probably Episode 1 too... Already have Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

Can someone explain the coal thing?

Read the OP about coal. Should help.

Natiko

Banned
What's the general opinion on Chantelise? I've been waiting on a deal to pickup Recettear so I know I'm grabbing that but I don't really know much about Chantelise.

kswiston

Costume Quest, Dungeons of Dreadmore DLC, and Chantelise for me.

$7 during the first two days of the sale. Not too bad.

If I can make it through the sale for $50 I will be happy.

EDIT: Also, I knew that The Witcher 2 wasn't going to show up for $12.50 like some poster said yesterday. When a game's publisher is offering the game on their own website for 40% off, it probably isn't going to be much cheaper on Steam or D2D. Definitely not half the price.

I was more positive than this guy. There were things I liked. I didn't love it, and it wasn't an excellent game by any stretch, but there were neat elements and I don't regret playing it. I wrote a review here that you might want to read. I would characterize my review as highly critical but marginally positive.
I paid $6 during the last sale, and have only played a little over an hour, and my opinion would be more in line with Stumpokapow's than not. It's not unplayable or anything and at least the beginning is kinda interesting in that the game ping-pongs between regular Duke worship and a ridiculous parody of Duke worship.

And the intro movie (before you start the game) was IMO a really well done recap of DN3D.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What's the general opinion on Chantelise? I've been waiting on a deal to pickup Recettear so I know I'm grabbing that but I don't really know much about Chantelise.

Get Recettear when you can, stay clear of Chantelise.

R. was charming, unique and fun, while Chantelise managed to be a Offline MMO-like borefest.

If you haven't buy Recettear, just do it. Not for the loli raep factor, but because it is really fun.
Chantelise on the other hand... It's not as good as Recettear, but is kinda fun. And at only 2.50 is more than worth it.

Sucks my budget isnt that great this year. I would bite on witcher 2 but i still have a few more presents to get for family. So far I just got Portal 2 for 7 bucks. I'm holding out for hopefully a cheap deal on Deus Ex HR!!!

inky

Got Psychonauts and The Witcher 2.

It wasn't the deal I was expecting for TW2, but I figured that I have no right to complain about RPGs like Dragon Age 2 when I bought that one at launch and I am here doubting TW2 @$25 and jesting about not being "cheap enough" when all signs point to a fantastic game.

The problem now is I have no fucking room in my HDD.

God damn it, how does this work? I just bought Costume Quest for $7.50 this morning and now it's $3.74 couple hours later. Will Valve rectify this if I contact them?

Volcynika

Today is an easy pass for me.

What are the odds that Warhammer 40k: Space Marine will be cheaper via Steam sale than the $20 Amazon is charging for it right now?

I doubt it'd go lower. If the standard price wasn't $50 on Steam, I'd bet on Steam maybe having a better deal. But who knows!

God damn it, how does this work? I just bought Costume Quest for $7.50 this morning and now it's $3.74 couple hours later. Will Valve rectify this if I contact them?

Probably not. You broke the first rule, your own fault! (Payments are final, etc.)

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Bloody hell, I've got the achievements for Psychonauts and Dungeon of Dredmor but it doesn't register at all in on the gift pile page =/

Nabs

NFYmG.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Really? too bad :/ Ill pass then, tried the demo, seems like a hack and slash fest.

Yeah I was disappointed as well. People should just buy their better second game Recettear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom