• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You're not making this easier to resist you know!

Because you shouldnt resist or the pack will hunt you:

kifEb.png

MRORANGE

If you haven't buy Recettear, just do it. Not for the loli raep factor, but because it is really fun.
Chantelise on the other hand... It's not as good as Recettear, but is kinda fun. And at only 2.50 is more than worth it.
lol Rape factor? I wasn't aware there was any of that in it. I have it but haven't played it yet.
I've had it for a while, better install.

Just for clarification there is no loli rape in recettear, you weirdo's o_O

Sober

Yes for HIM, but he is not on your side if you dont own the game. Bad luck for non owners!
You better start writing why Dredmor is fun before some hardened rogue-like player comes up from the basement and explains why it's for babies and lists every other alternative.

ElRenoRaven

Ugh. I can't believe I suffered through that Spiral Knights stuff and got the achievement. Doesn't show I did on sale page but I did. Seems my gifts from it are in my thing though too. Sadly I just got 2 lumps of coal.

moojito

There seems to be two distinct threads going on in here. One is talking about the sale games (what's on sale, opinions of them, etc) and the other seems to be this achievement hunting stuff. I have to wade through pages of "how do I get x achievement done?!" and something about coal to see what the general consensus is on the value of a game in the sale. It's annoying!

/oldmanyellsatcloud

Chesskid1

Banned
man this is pretty much an awesome promotion going on, but as is now it's just extremely frustrating with achievements not going through, etc.

I cant even access my community page or the gift pile to look at the achievements.

Shucks.

Its weird. I log into steam just fine but it makes me try to relog in when I access those pages. It just ends up telling me Im entering the wrong info.

Darn that Gaben and his crazy sales and free video game giveaways!

You better start writing why Dredmor is fun before some hardened rogue-like player comes up from the basement and explains why it's for babies and lists every other alternative.

Look, Dredmor is fine. But you know, if you want a real roguelike, you should really look into ADOM or Stone Soup or Nethack or DoomRL - The Doom Roguelike or...

The_Monk

Here I was deciding to get HL2 or HL2 EP.2 when I saw The Witcher (the first one) is for the same price, now I need to ask GAF if I can run this because I simply do not understand specs in a long, long time...

MacBook Pro (I will run in Bootcamp, so it's okay)

- 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5
- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
- Intel HD 3000 (I know... bad, right?)

I won't be able to run it... right? Some help please, because I have no idea if it's playable or not.

Thanks in advance!

If anyone can help me, thanks, I have no idea if I can even run this game!

Exuro

I got some game called LightFish woohoo! Also did the dredmore achievement but it hasnt updated on the inventory thing.

MRORANGE

There seems to be two distinct threads going on in here. One is talking about the sale games (what's on sale, opinions of them, etc) and the other seems to be this achievement hunting stuff. I have to wade through pages of "how do I get x achievement done?!" and something about coal to see what the general consensus is on the value of a game in the sale. It's annoying!

/oldmanyellsatcloud

There are now 4 threads on this steam sale now :eek:

Paprikka

Well bugger, I forgot I had yet to redeem my introversion humble bundle codes and didn't need to get Dungeons of Dredmor. So if anyone wants my code for DoD(along with Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe) quote this post to see the code.

Code: Taken!

LegoArmo

Well bugger, I forgot I had yet to redeem my introversion humble bundle codes and didn't need to get Dungeons of Dredmor. So if anyone wants my code for DoD(along with Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe) quote this post to see the code.

Code:

I took this, thanks a lot mate! You're awesome.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Which PopCap games would you guys recommend?

I'm in the mood for some arcadey/action games like Insaniquarium Deluxe and Plants vs Zombies, but I don't know many games from that publisher apart from those two. Also, I'm not into reflex puzzle games like Zuma.

Awaiting GAF's advice.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf? Did they just raise the base US price on Duke from $19.99 to $29.99?

I almost considered it for a second at its discounted price of $4.99, but nevermind after this.

Toby

I can't believe modern warfare 2 is still $14.99. Since the game has been out for a little more than 2 years now, I just can't justify it at that price. All I can say is world at war better go for $9.99

Wtf? Did they just raise the base US price on Duke from $19.99 to $29.99?

I almost considered it for a second at its discounted price of $4.99, but nevermind after this.

Still shows $4.99 for me. Can't decide if I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom