• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the first 2 days that is.

Hehehe, CDPR is just falling short of gifting the Witcher 2. The game kicks the shit out of the majority of 60 releases this year and have been in the 20 range multiple times already.

This 2 games for 26.50 won't be beat in the hole steam holly day sales. The amount of content and quality is just staggering.
Got a 25% off Bethesda title
How?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
for the first 2 days that is.

Hehehe, CDPR is just falling short of gifting the Witcher 2. The game kicks the shit out of the majority of 60 releases this year and have been in the 20 range multiple times already.

This 2 games for 26.50 won't be beat in the hole steam holly day sales. The amount of content and quality is just staggering.

How?

MAGIC

Sell me on Dungeons of Dreadmore please.

THE

StuBurns

Banned
I'm confused...

Psychonauts at 75% off, but not in Daily Deals, but is in the Steam character illustration banner, but but... the rule about wait until last day for daily deals!!!

What do I do GAF!?!?!

How much cheaper could it possibly go? It's not going to be a daily for like 85% off, and if it did, the difference in price is very little.

Thanks but I can't get them all! So in the end I have to choose:

Half Life 2 or HL Ep.2?

First time playing any Half Life btw.

If you are only ever going to play one half life, play EP2, if not play HL2 and play the episodes later at some point.

TGMIII

I think this is like the 4th time I've seen Witcher 2 drop to £15 in 3/4 months. I see it on G2Play for £10 but I've never used that site so I'm not sure how legit it is.

Other than that I'll pick up Dungeons of Dredmor and I'll think about Recettear and Psychonauts.

krYlon

I'm confused...

Psychonauts at 75% off, but not in Daily Deals, but is in the Steam character illustration banner, but but... the rule about wait until last day for daily deals!!!

What do I do GAF!?!?!

It is a daily deal, it says: DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in 27:27:59

So buy it before the timer runs out

I got the Achievement on Spiral Knights but it hasn't appeared on the daily task. :/

I'm confused...

What do I do GAF!?!?!

I'm wondering this too/.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm confused...

What do I do GAF!?!?!

Buy it. The rule is there so you don't buy some major 2011 retail release for $45 and then get mad when it's a daily two days from now for $22. Psychonauts is not going to be discounted any more than it is now. If it is, I will paypal you the difference (yes, I'm being serious, no that doesn't apply to everyone else on GAF who buys Psychonauts)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Thanks but I can't get them all! So in the end I have to choose:

Half Life 2 or HL Ep.2?

First time playing any Half Life btw.

In that case, get Half-Life 2.

But honestly, I would recommend getting the first game. It really is that good.

Ros8105

First person to quote this gets HIB3 steam key (VVVVVV, And Yet It Moves, Hammerfight, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I love that yesterday's deals are still available for another 4 hours. That's a great change. Lots of people just barely miss the deals, and this will help avoid that.

Jomjom

Banned
Buy it. The rule is there so you don't buy some major 2011 retail release for $45 and then get mad when it's a daily two days from now for $22. Psychonauts is not going to be discounted any more than it is now. If it is, I will paypal you the difference (yes, I'm being serious, no that doesn't apply to everyone else on GAF who buys Psychonauts)

Hahah not necessary. I was mostly joking in my original post. I'm ready to have my mind blown though! So much hype for this game on GAF all day every day.

spk

Should I buy Sacred 2? Is it worth $10?

It has problems running in win7 and with PhysX

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935042

As you say, this is exceptionally important. The problem with all version of Sacred 2 (including, Gold) is that it forces the installation of an OUTDATED version of both PhysX and Open AL. So you need reinstall both (or bypass Open AL as you did) to fix that issue.

The expansion isn't available in the US or on Steam either

Ha, as though people spend more than $10 on games!

Steam has ruined me.

That's just the way it is. I was also like, ohhh, the Witcher 2, interesting. But that $10 - $40 pricepoint just really doesn't work for the way that I buy PC games anymore. If it has multiplayer that I really want to get into then I will pick it up day one. But for singleplayer if it is on a Steam sale now it's just about guaranteed to show up on a Steam sale in the future for less. And if I held out on buying it for $40 or so new I'm not going to be swayed by ~$25 when $10 is just on the horizon. 's just the way it is.

Chris R

Spending two seconds in Spiral Knight fixed my gift inventory! Yay.

Oh I just got coal and 50% off a Valve title :(

edit: How does Psychonauts play in OSX? And does it work well with a 360 pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom