• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REV 09

these deals aren't as fun if you've already been through a few of them. : /

nothing so far. I'm sure i'll get a few things before it's over.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Today's illustration

Dear CD Projekt Red,

xTesj.jpg

Duke seems to be a pretty good host and cook. El Presidente looks pretty excited. Geralt, though, could learn some manners. It is incredibly rude to mope at a dinner table when someone else has gone through the trouble to cook you a (tasty looking) meal. As a frequent dinner host, I would not invite Geralt again with that kind of attitude.

The Witcher 2 is my GOTY so getting it for a little over $20 is a no brainer. I know the general STEAM sale rule is nothing over $10 but it's an awesome, awesome game. Top 3 RPG of this generation imo.

Kabouter

Dear CD Projekt Red,

http://i.imgur.com/xTesj.jpg[img]

Duke seems to be a pretty good host and cook. El Presidente looks pretty excited. Geralt, though, could learn some manners. It is [b]incredibly[/b] rude to mope at a dinner table when someone else has gone through the trouble to cook you a (tasty looking) meal. As a frequent dinner host, I would not invite Geralt again with that kind of attitude.[/QUOTE]

Why would you invite a white-haired emo looking dude in the first place?
Also, smoking at the dinner table, pffft.

1-D_FTW

Well I'm adding a new Steam category to my library: Scavenger Hunts Only. There's certain games I don't want to look at, but I don't want to redownload them every 6 months either.

codhand

Kane and Lynch 2 was good. So it can.

Kane and Lynch 2 was fantastic. Some mind blowing parts in that game. Anyone who likes Charles Bronson type films should give it a try.

Duke Nukem however? Sure five dollars may not seem like much, but how much is eight hours of your life worth to you?

Dear CD Projekt Red,

Duke seems to be a pretty good host and cook. El Presidente looks pretty excited. Geralt, though, could learn some manners. It is incredibly rude to mope at a dinner table when someone else has gone through the trouble to cook you a (tasty looking) meal. As a frequent dinner host, I would not invite Geralt again with that kind of attitude.

He's allergic to cigar smoke. Poor guy.

I still can't believe this hasn't gotten a bigger discount after all these years. It's a good game but should be $5 by now.

It has problems running in win7 and with PhysX

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935042

The expansion isn't available in the US or on Steam either
No bueno... if it was $5 I might put up with those issues. Ridiculous that it's still not $5. :/ Guess I'll buy Duke instead.

Really wish Hot Pursuit 2010 would hit $5.

Volcynika

Looks like Psychonauts, Chantelise, and maybe Dredmore today.

He sees you when you're sleeping.
He knows when you're awake.
He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake!

SANTA GABE IS COMING .... TO TOWN!

I had 4 coupons, then 4 pieces of coal. I guess that balances out :p

Dredmor achievement is bugged. I made Digglenog and didnt get the achievement.

I got it fine yesterday. Not sure what's up.

inky

You guys getting all that coal should be happy you're not getting silly weird one-game coupons you'll never use *ahem*

Either way, what are the chances we will something on the raffle? There's 1151 prizes total for potentially a dozen million entries.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It made me second guess my choice to not buy Just Cause 2 and DLC. It's brilliant!

Skip the DLC, free user mods are better than any loot you get from it. I do highly recommend the game, though. It's not perfect, but it does a lot right that so many open world games do poorly.

I wrote a very long review which you can read here if you'd like to know more about what I thought

Conclusion:
It's amazing to shoot a dozen guys, blow up a huge gas silo, grapple onto an attack helicopter, shoot the side-gunner, throw the pilot out the window, fly away, get blown up by a pursuit helicopter, parachute out the exploding corpse of your helicopter, grapple onto the pursuit copter, hijack it, ram it into the ocean, and finally get blown up when you accidentally drop your own grenade trying to kill dozens of pursuers. It's bad-ass, in a really authentic way, not some phony "press A to kill a God" God of War machismo.

Another cool thing is this infographic that the developers released:
http://i.imgur.com/Nra3a.jpg

Dredmor achievement is bugged. I made Digglenog and didnt get the achievement.

You didn't get the achievement in-game, or you got the achievement in-game but it didn't trigger in the Great Gift Pile thing?

kai3345

Banned
Skip the DLC, free user mods are better than any loot you get from it. I do highly recommend the game, though. It's not perfect, but it does a lot right that so many open world games do poorly.

I wrote a very long review which you can read here if you'd like to know more about what I thought

Conclusion:

You didn't get the achievement in-game, or you got the achievement in-game but it didn't trigger in the Great Gift Pile thing?

I didn't get the achievement in game. I made it, it clearly said "Diggle Nog". Hell I even drank it to be sure.

And its not showing up on the gift page either.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The base price of TW1 in Euroland needs to go down. With today's discount it's still €3.99, which is more than twice as much as $2.49.

Aaron

Crap, Psychonauts gives me a strange graphics glitch and then crashes whenever I load any of my saves. Guess I'm never going to get that achievement.

I got the Anomaly Warzone Earth achievement, but when I go the Great Gift Pile page, it says I still have to unlock it. Anyone else had this problem? Tried restarting STeam and stuff

Conclusion:

The free mods alone are worth getting Just Cause 2 for. Anyone skipping Just Cause 2 is nuts. It's also one of the most gorgeous PC games ever.

Doomshine

I got the Anomaly Warzone Earth achievement, but when I go the Great Gift Pile page, it says I still have to unlock it. Anyone else had this problem? Tried restarting STeam and stuff

I did the Spiral Knights one and I'm not getting anything on the gift page, it's definitely unlocked though as it's visible on the achievements page for the game

Tenck

psychonauts $2.49 for me.

my friend owes me $15ish, so was really hoping witcher 2 would be $15 (and that would be about what it cost on amazon on their sale. DAMN IT. maybe i can gift him something i suppose to get it up there.

also, anyone know if you can do past day achievement or it expires yet?

You can do them. Steam even links to the ones you missed.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Red Orchestra 2 will surely be getting a free weekend soon, so I'd wait to pick it up for $15 or less then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom