• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Witcher necessary before Witcher 2?
No, but you should definitely give it a play. I played it this summer, and it's far and away one of the best rpgs (and games) I've had the pleasure to play.

There's certainly some jank, but it's a wonderful world to explore, and one really solid story.

Saige

I must do better.
Dammit looks like I’ll have to go through steam support to find out why they’re not accepting any on my purchases, and with how long they take I’ll probably miss out on most of the sale.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just wanted to give a heads up on a good deal on some adventure games. The Pendulo Adventure Pack is $12.49 and you get Runaway 1-3 and The Next Big Thing. Next Big Thing was already a daily yesterday and I don't see the Runaway games becoming a daily deal so this pack is nice. It ends in a couple of hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7838/

Runaway 1 and 2 are great, third is okay, and The Next Big Thing is very good too. They've got fun puzzles, great humor, quirky characters, and beautiful graphics.

All this stuff was a daily deal yesterday, they just reconfigured the sales so that the daily deals last 28 hours instead of 24 and when the next set goes up, the previous set can stay on sale for another 4 hours. So yeah, those are daily deal prices, they won't get any cheaper.

Uh, so I just gifted a friend of mine Portal 2 earlier, and there's a copy showing in my "Steam inventory."

Is that the one I gifted him just waiting to be accepted, or is that something completely new for me to gift away?

MRORANGE

Dammit looks like I’ll have to go through steam support to find out why they’re not accepting any on my purchases, and with how long they take I’ll probably miss out on most of the sale.

check OP and look for a gifter to help you buy games, you need paypal btw

ShaunBRS

My missing achievement has popped up on the gift pile page now. Nice to see Valve embracing cultural stereotypes by sending the Welshman nothing but coal.

Vamphuntr

It finally let me buy the Double Fine pack! Excited for Costume Quest as I wanted to get it for a while.

Anyone know how to get the Psychonaut's objective?

All this stuff was a daily deal yesterday, they just reconfigured the sales so that the daily deals last 28 hours instead of 24 and when the next set goes up, the previous set can stay on sale for another 4 hours. So yeah, those are daily deal prices, they won't get any cheaper.

Ah, I see. I was wondering why Orcs Must Die was still on sale. I just remember seeing Next Big Thing on sale by itself so I thought this pack was new or just cheaper.

Anyway, just wanted to let people know before it ends. :)

MNC

TOFk3.png

That's pretty bad.

StuBurns

Banned
Huh? Why's that? I just started playing through Source and it seems alright so far. The jumping on boxes kind of sucks now that they have physics.

I actually bought Source in the end, I doubt I'll ever play it anyway, I just want it in case, and it comes with HL Source DM, HL comes with nothing.

linko9

Hey, Question: If I get the half-life franchise pack, is it possible for me to gift certain games within the pack, or is gifting all or nothing? I Already have HL2, but I'd pick up HL1 and gift HL2 to my friend.

MRORANGE

Hey, Question: If I get the half-life franchise pack, is it possible for me to gift certain games within the pack, or is gifting all or nothing? I Already have HL2, but I'd pick up HL1 and gift HL2 to my friend.

from the OP:

please note you do not get extra
copies of games you have already bought (HL2 and HL2EP1 are exempt from this rule.)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How's the community in Red Orchestra? I guess I should probably say 'population'.

ezodagrom

Unrelated to the Christmas sales, the Sonic 4 Episode 1 Steam registry entry has been updated, now the current version is listed as version 2, previously it was listed as version 0.

s4ep1v2.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Don't kill me now, but what's the big deal with Psychonauts...? Why does everyone seem to love it so much? Granted, I've only played the demo, but from that it seemed like a pretty generic cute adventure platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom