• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there still issues with games not appearing in your Steam inventory? I just traded for a game but it isn't in there and can't locate it.

Blizzard

Banned
Glad to see it was indeed a bizarre goal, I loaded it up cheated and gave myself hundreds upon thousands of ships, 30 minutes later I had lost 3000 ships and I promptly uinstalled the game.
Good job developers, I was considering getting the game because the achievement sounded funny, but I guess I've changed my mind now. :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did the Spiral Knights achievement, got another piece of coal. :(

Well, that's the first and last time I ever played that game! Sure, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't anything I'd want to waste any more time on either.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I can't decide. To buy Witcher 2 or not. I tried playing the first but it felt like playing Dragon Age: Origins The Movie starring Christopher Lambert. Unless there is something radicly different I'm not going to stop seeing Christopher Lambert's face when Alucard (or whatever his name is) is on the screen. Help me!

Giran

Heh, I just noticed yesterday's deals are still active for a while.

untitled-2fax56.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm sure this has been covered thousands of times, but is it normal for a gift purchase to not show up in my inventory right away? I just bought two games for gifting purposes, the first showed up in my inventory right away, but the second is nowhere to be found. I've checked my inventory with both my browser and the steam app and no sign of it. I made sure that the purchase went through and that it was added to my inventory by checking the email I got for it.

edit- Still no sign of it, damn you Steam....

RoadHazard

Gold Member
1080p 60fps and 4xSSAA. Sure, it's old and the textures leave a lot to be desired, but it's WAY better regardless.

...but the controls (on a 360 controller) are horrible! Camera on LT/RT rather than the right stick, really? And there seems to be no way to remap them.

How hard is the Spiral Knights acheev?

Easy. I got mine in ~10 minutes. There's a random element so it might take some people a while longer.

Also, Dungeons of Dreadmor just isn't my game. I'm sure it's a well made thing for what it is but that kind of game just seems archaic to me nowadays. Give me The Binding of Isaac over it any day.

jsrv

Costume Quest has a christmas achievement doesn't it, just not an objective for today?

I wonder why they put it as a daily deal but not put its objective yet

Can't find the Double Fine pack, does anyone have any links? :D Also, I'm a SimCity fan, so is Tropico 4 a good choice? Or is it better to wait for a price drop on Anno 2070?

masterkajo

How hard is the Spiral Knights acheev?

It's not hard it just takes some time. YOu have to earn 200cr to participate in Lockdown and then you have to pick up a snowball and hit someone with it. Took me about half an hour. But I could do it faster now, I think. Mabye 20 mins, if you know what to do.

Anyone want to trade a piece or two of coal for a Humble Indie Bundle 3 code? Shoot me a pm.
Anyone want a Humble Indie Bundle 3 code for free? Shoot me a pm.

Taken.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Costume Quest has a christmas achievement doesn't it, just not an objective for today?

I wonder why they put it as a daily deal but not put its objective yet

The achievement is to play on Christmas so it would make sense the objective will pop up on the 25th.

Lothars

Can't find the Double Fine pack, does anyone have any links? :D Also, I'm a SimCity fan, so it Tropico 4 a good choice? Or is it better to wait for a price drop on Anno 2070?
Well Tropico is a city building and I would recommend to try it even if you try Tropico 3 first but they are very good games.

Sanic

this'll have to be very quick since I need to leave soon, but does anyone want to gift me the double fine pack AND Metro 2033 in exchange for Dead Island?

1080p 60fps and 4xSSAA. Sure, it's old and the textures leave a lot to be desired, but it's WAY better regardless.

I wouldn't say WAY better. On my decent gaming rig there were some odd slowdown in places and some of the lighting (levitation ball in particular) was messed up.

Also when they recently updated the game to have native 360 controller support, they didn't take into consideration the deadzone of the analog sticks. Most, if not all, 360 controller analog sticks eventually have their deadzone deteriorate. You won't be touching the stick but your character will still be slowly moving in one direction or another.

My wireless 360 controller as so bad with Psychonauts that BOTH analog sticks were drifting. The camera and the character were slowly moving on their own. Thankfully I now have a Razer Onza, which has much better quality sticks, but it's still an issue with most people with 360 controllers.

Not the biggest problem in the world for most people, but I find it extremely annoying.

Picked up Psychonauts as it was a Daily Deal. Man, some of these other non-Daily deals are so good it's hard to wait to see if they go even lower...

I also have a HIB3 code if anyone wants it. I posted it in the HIB4 thread.

Opiate

If anyone is interested in giving away their games (as opposed to trading them), I want to remind you that I'll be hosting a gift-giving bingo game tonight at 7PM EST. If you have a game youd like to give away, please PM me the info and it will be given away to a lucky bingo winner.

Thanks to all, and happy holidays!

I can't decide. To buy Witcher 2 or not. I tried playing the first but it felt like playing Dragon Age: Origins The Movie starring Christopher Lambert. Unless there is something radicly different I'm not going to stop seeing Christopher Lambert's face when Alucard (or whatever his name is) is on the screen. Help me!

Best WRPG this year and greatly improves on the original. GOTY material.

btkadams

yessss just bought the half-life collection. i've never played through them. i had orange box for ps3 but it was stolen when i was only a couple hours into it.

I can theoretically do the Psychonauts acheev, but I would need to play the game all day to get to level 10, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So if you're rocking X valve coupons.

Could you stack them and add them up?

Is Costume Quest as boring and easy as it looks?

And I have to say that I don't like the sale banners for this at all. Put the name of the games in it dammit, don't make me click a bunch of times just to see what the hell the pictures are representing. It looks nice, but doesn't give me the information I need, they handled this much better in prior sales.

Leckan

How long do these specific achievements last? Do I have to complete them today or tomorow or do they last until the sale finishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom