• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Are the King's Bounty games worth 7-12 bucks each?

Steam ID: syn1c

NFYmG.png

pfkas

Managed to get the Bunch of Heroes achievement. Lasted until wave 26, mostly thanks to the skills of one random dressed as Father Christmas. Could've gone on longer but we got bored, plus our respawns were up to about 10 minutes.

However, the achievement doesn't show as completed on the Gift Pile page. Thought this had been fixed. bah

Giran

What exactly do I have to do in Spiral Knights? I am completely lost. I don't have money and I can't start Lockdown until I have 200... :(

Do some dungeon crawling. One run to the first resting point should get you enough to enter. Then enter and hope you get the winter map from the rotation. If not, rinse and repeat.

Link Man

Banned
Which PopCap games would you guys recommend?

I'm in the mood for some arcadey/action games like Insaniquarium Deluxe and Plants vs Zombies, but I don't know many games from that publisher apart from those two. Also, I'm not into reflex puzzle games like Zuma.

Awaiting GAF's advice.

Peggle?

BioHazard

Man what the fuck is up with these achievements. Talk about a buggy mess, yesterday with Bunch of Heroes and today RO2 doesn't show on my gift page and neither does Dredmor.

Wow, some of you guys really fucking hate DNF.

Sure, it's not the greatest game but I had fun with it and enjoyed playing through it. I'd say it was definitely worth $5 if you like shooting things or Duke the character. So, suck it haters.. I guess.

Wow, some of you guys really fucking hate DNF.

Sure, it's not the greatest game but I had fun with it and enjoyed playing through it. I'd say it was definitely worth $5 if you like shooting things or Duke the character. So, suck it haters.. I guess.

Agreed. Though another way of looking at it is the time spent playing the game could be better spent on a different game

Like Brink.

kuYuri

I wish I could buy psychonauts. But every time I've downloaded the demo on multiple computers and try to start it, it launches a process, steam says I'm in a game for a second or two, then it just disappears.

This has been an issue since psychonauts was released on Steam.

I had hoped they would have fixed it when they recently updated the game, but apparently not.

I saw your post and decided to do the same thing. Demo doesn't work for me either, I get the same problem. But I saw a forum post saying that despite the demo not working, full game worked for someone. So I took the chance, swan dove, and bought it and indeed, the full game started running for me just fine. I'd say just go for the full game, the worst thing that could happen is that you'd be out $2.50 and the game wouldn't run. It's a risk I was willing to take.

Which PopCap games would you guys recommend?

I'm in the mood for some arcadey/action games like Insaniquarium Deluxe and Plants vs Zombies, but I don't know many games from that publisher apart from those two. Also, I'm not into reflex puzzle games like Zuma.

Awaiting GAF's advice.

Bookworm adventures is awesome.

It's like Boggle with RPG elements.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Thanks, but from what I've played I'm not sure I'd enjoy it that much. I was thinking of the more obscure PopCap games (such as Insaniquarium, which I know from back in the days when PopCap itself was obscure). Any recommendations?

inky

So is it safe to assume that Psychonauts isn't going to drop below $2.50 with the cheeve being today?

It's a daily deal, so no.

Also, RUSH is updating with what I assume is the holiday related achievement. Now off to get Renegade OPs one.

Managed to get the Bunch of Heroes achievement. Lasted until wave 26, mostly thanks to the skills of one random dressed as Father Christmas. Could've gone on longer but we got bored, plus our respawns were up to about 10 minutes.

However, the achievement doesn't show as completed on the Gift Pile page. Thought this had been fixed. bah

Christmas magic got you the achievement.

coopolon

I saw your post and decided to do the same thing. Demo doesn't work for me either, I get the same problem. But I saw a forum post saying that despite the demo not working, full game worked for someone. So I took the chance, swan dove, and bought it and indeed, the full game started running for me just fine. I'd say just go for the full game, the worst thing that could happen is that you'd be out $2.50 and the game wouldn't run. It's a risk I was willing to take.

Yah, after seeing a similar post on the Steam forums I went ahead and bought it. Downloading now, hope it works!

Double Fine and pack and DoD DLC for me today. What happened to just buying brotherhood!

Sober

So is it safe to assume that Psychonauts isn't going to drop below $2.50 with the cheeve being today?
It's technically a daily deal (the popup says it is), the storefront page is just doing a terrible job of saying it is (should be combined w/ CQ)

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Saved £0.02 on Dungeons of Dredmor and the DLC by buying them separately instead of the pack.

fuckyeah.jpg - 2P TO SPEND ON MOAR GAMES!

COME AT ME GABEN

Deadstar

I personally enjoyed Witcher 1. The combat is unlike anything you've seen before so some might not like it. You have three stances, one for larger enemies, one for quicker enemies and one for taking on more than one enemy. From there you can use your regular sword for humans or silver sword for monsters. It's fun and the game is very long and the voice acting is great.

I'd recommend playing it before Witcher 2 but it isn't a must. You'll enjoy witcher 2 without it.

inky

Holy Fuck, another piece of coal.

Did they modify the chances? people were getting games and packs yesterday =/

Just wanted to give a heads up on a good deal on some adventure games. The Pendulo Adventure Pack is $12.49 and you get Runaway 1-3 and The Next Big Thing. Next Big Thing was already a daily yesterday and I don't see the Runaway games becoming a daily deal so this pack is nice. It ends in a couple of hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7838/

Runaway 1 and 2 are great, third is okay, and The Next Big Thing is very good too. They've got fun puzzles, great humor, quirky characters, and beautiful graphics.

Artofwar420

Getting:

Tropico 4 and the Junta DLC
Double Fine Pack
Dungeon's of Dredmor DLC

$21.76

Getting heavy on the prize. About to pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom