• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is Costume Quest as boring and easy as it looks?

And I have to say that I don't like the sale banners for this at all. Put the name of the games in it dammit, don't make me click a bunch of times just to see what the hell the pictures are representing.

If you dont like the general look already, stay clear. Not "bad", but you probably wont like it.

Is Spiral Knights worth it for the achievement and TF2 loot if I have never played it? People are making this game sound terrible but most people in the OT seemed to enjoy it.

I can theoretically do the Psychonauts acheev, but I would need to play the game all day to get to level 10, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I thought I read that it only took a couple of hours to get to level 10.

mrgone

After playing Spiral Knights a little when the game was released (hat!) and doing the ticket achievement during the summer, I'm still completely mystified about pretty much everything to do with it. Totally weird, dudes.

StuBurns

Banned

And I have to say that I don't like the sale banners for this at all. Put the name of the games in it dammit, don't make me click a bunch of times just to see what the hell the pictures are representing. It looks nice, but doesn't give me the information I need, they handled this much better in prior sales.

Yes, Costume Quest is banal.

And use a web browser and hover over the pictures, sorted.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is Spiral Knights worth it for the achievement and TF2 loot if I have never played it? People are making this game sound terrible but most people in the OT seemed to enjoy it.

Doesnt cost anything, so you best just try it out. Its nothing original but works alright I guess. 300mb download.

Nabs

That's what happens when you play it strictly for the achievements. The game is (was?) pretty good when you're not forcing it for a hat.

scitek

I wouldn't say WAY better. On my decent gaming rig there were some odd slowdown in places and some of the lighting (levitation ball in particular) was messed up.

Also when they recently updated the game to have native 360 controller support, they didn't take into consideration the deadzone of the analog sticks. Most, if not all, 360 controller analog sticks eventually have their deadzone deteriorate. You won't be touching the stick but your character will still be slowly moving in one direction or another.

My wireless 360 controller as so bad with Psychonauts that BOTH analog sticks were drifting. The camera and the character were slowly moving on their own. Thankfully I now have a Razer Onza, which has much better quality sticks, but it's still an issue with most people with 360 controllers.

Not the biggest problem in the world for most people, but I find it extremely annoying.

legacyzero

Banned
I two coupons I wish to give away.

-Half Life 2: EP2
-Terraria: 50% off

I own both of these already. I would love a nice trade for something else, but if not, i'll gladly give them to somebody that like them.

PM me if you'd like them.

Boney

Banned
Hey I got Episode 1 for free and 40% discount on Witcher 2.

Guess maybe I can get Witcher if it runs well, was thinking of getting it on my 360.
I two coupons I wish to give away.

-Half Life 2: EP2
-Terraria: 50% off

I own both of these already. I would love a nice trade for something else, but if not, i'll gladly give them to somebody that like them.

PM me if you'd like them.

Oh nice pm sent

Oh, right, my daily informative "what I bought" post.

Got The Witcher and Duke Nukem Forever today.
Already own Witcher on GoG, but I thought I might as well double dip at that price. Now I can let everyone know I'm playing it and be super cool guy.
DNF... yeah, I just wanted to see how bad it was for myself.

Has anyone posted the large version of today's illustration? I'm about to go trudging through the previous pages.

And I have to say that I don't like the sale banners for this at all. Put the name of the games in it dammit, don't make me click a bunch of times just to see what the hell the pictures are representing. It looks nice, but doesn't give me the information I need, they handled this much better in prior sales.

It's not boring but it's as easy as it looks. I got stuck for a little bit but that's because even playing Adventure games my whole life I'm still terrible at them. And I do agree with the banners. Annoying as hell trying to see the prices and games. I still think the first Christmas sale had the best layout.

DNF... yeah, I just wanted to see how bad it was for myself.

Has anyone posted the large version of today's illustration? I'm about to go trudging through the previous pages.

Someone posted it a page or so back. I need to find the first one though. :p

And at least the beginning of DNF isn't that bad. I got dizzy playing it so I quit while still having some fun. I hear it gets worse though.

coopolon

Keep us updated, I'm curious if it works.

Worked perfectly the first time. They should really fix their demo.

In other news, I got Binding of Isaac with Soundtrack as my reward for getting the Dungeons of Dredmore achievement. Not sure I really want the game though. Cool that I got a game I don't have rather than a lump of coal though!

Toma

Do you like Roguelikes?

Thats not necessarily a good question. Lot of people like it who never played one before. For 1 buck, I'd actually recommend it to anyone to check out. Even if you dont like Ascii roguelikes the style or quirkiness of DoD might win you over.

Red

Just got an email saying someone gifted me DoD. I did not see who did it, but if it was one of you guys, big thanks.

Nymerio

Half-Life Complete for me today. I have been eyeing the Sam & Max games for a time now and just said, fuck it, and bought them. It's christmas dammit, might as well make myself some presents...

fresquito

Dungeons of Dredmor can lead to a new game (in my case Payday, in coopolon's to Binding of Isaac). I'd give a try at that price, if only for the possibility of getting a new game by completing the achievement (and because it's a damn good game).

Toma

Just got an email saying someone gifted me DoD. I did not see who did it, but if it was one of you guys, big thanks.

Should be in the mail, I gifted it to 10 or so random dudes on my Friends list who wanted it, but I dont know who :p If it was me: you're welcome.

Thats not necessarily a good question. Lot of people like it who never played one before. For 1 buck, I'd actually recommend it to anyone to check out. Even if you dont like Ascii roguelikes the style or quirkiness of DoD might win you over.

I think you have to be (at least conceptually) into that style of game to enjoy it. Otherwise, it just feels like a clunky aRPG.

That said, if you think you might like it, it's just a euro. You owe it to yourself to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom