• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWO QUESTIONS!

++ If I buy Sonic Generations for $15 when it apparently goes on sale tomorrow at Amazon, how do I activitate it in Steam so that it's a normal Steam title in my library listings, with the tab and all that jazz? Apparently it's a "Steamworks" title but I know not how you activate it in Steam if you buy it from another source. Also, where on Amazon will the PC version be listed at this price, and WHEN, precisely?

++ The other question is, is LEGO Batman a good game my Batman fan brother would like, and how does it run on the PC, and how does it control? Is it buggy like the console version is apparently?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

go to "games" "activate game on steam" and just paste in the serial code that amazon gives you

as for the batman questino i don't know. i played lego star wars before and i didn't like it. maybe if your brother is 8 years old or something. otherwise get him a real batman game: arkham asylum or arkham city

Euphor!a

Banned
So I was going to pick up Recettear because I've heard it is pretty good but there is also this game Chantelise on sale too presumably by the same guys, is that any good?

Neiteio

go to "games" "activate game on steam" and just paste in the serial code that amazon gives you

as for the batman questino i don't know. i played lego star wars before and i didn't like it. maybe if your brother is 8 years old or something. otherwise get him a real batman game: arkham asylum or arkham city
So activating the game on Steam means it has all the usual Steam bells and whistles, including the banner/icons in the library?

And we have Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. He's in college, but he loves anything Batman, and at $5, I wonder if Lego Batman runs well and is decently fun on PC.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I was going to pick up Recettear because I've heard it is pretty good but there is also this game Chantelise on sale too presumably by the same guys, is that any good?

Chantelise is alright. It isn't as addictive or creative as Recettear IMO, but at that price I'd say you can't go wrong.

Red

So activating the game on Steam means it has all the usual Steam bells and whistles, including the banner/icons in the library?

And we have Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. He's in college, but he loves anything Batman, and at $5, I wonder if Lego Batman runs well and is decently fun on PC.

It is probably worth it for $5, if he's a batfan. It isn't a bad game, and he'll probably look past its childishness if he's interested in the source material.

Off topic but I love this new skin I found for steam.
ibhofAH37DTuma.png

Where's the tab for inventory/gifts/messages?

EDIT: nm, found it. doy.

Petrie

Banned
Damn, CC locked down due to too much small activity today, looks like I'm not meant to have Costume Quest. Oh well, I suppose I have enough to play. :)

coopolon

I wish Dungeons of Dredmore had a codex or encyclopedia or something that you fill in across playthroughs. There is just so much stuff in this game, I can't remember what mushroom does what, what these gems or random reagents are good for, etc.

And the books. I read a book, see a 5 component recipe, then it disappears? Am I expected to remember that?

I feel like there must be a feature already like this implemented and I am just missing it. I know experimentation is part of the fun, but experimentation is more fun if I actually learn stuff.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Dungeons of Dredmore had a codex or encyclopedia or something that you fill in across playthroughs. There is just so much stuff in this game, I can't remember what mushroom does what, what these gems or random reagents are good for, etc.

And the books. I read a book, see a 5 component recipe, then it disappears? Am I expected to remember that?

I feel like there must be a feature already like this implemented and I am just missing it. I know experimentation is part of the fun, but experimentation is more fun if I actually learn stuff.

Yeah I felt the same way. It would be really nice discovering/unlocking this stuff instead of just looking it up in a wiki.

Though don't the recipes get added into your crafting devices?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Anyone having trouble getting Revenge of the Titans to update? I got it with a humble bundle and it seems stuck at the version previous to the christmas update. Tried downloading on my PC and Mac and no luck. Verified, same deal.

Petrie

Banned
Any difference between The Witcher Enhanced Edition and Director's Cut?

also, Tropico 4 is 9.99 on amazon, worth it?
Is this Steamworks?

More importantly, I've only played a few hours of 3, is it substantially better or should I delve into 3 more first?

coopolon

Yeah I felt the same way. It would be really nice discovering/unlocking this stuff instead of just looking it up in a wiki.

Though don't the recipes get added into your crafting devices?

They very well might. There are so many recipes I wouldn't notice the addition of the 8 or so I've found so far.

Here is another picture showing the library view with pixelvision.

ggqjh.jpg

Definitely my favorite skin. Nice and clean and has a good color scheme that pops.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Any difference between The Witcher Enhanced Edition and Director's Cut?

also, Tropico 4 is 9.99 on amazon, worth it?

No, not really. The Directors Cut was released like a year after the original, and IIRC the Enhanced Edition is just the same. I'm trying to remember if there are any differences, and nothing is springing to mind.

Sober

No, not really. The Directors Cut was released like a year after the original, and IIRC the Enhanced Edition is just the same. I'm trying to remember if there are any differences, and nothing is springing to mind.
US versions had censored sex cards was the big (if only) point the Director's Cut restored.

Will F

Ended up with costume quest, but today was a wake up call for me. I tried to buy 2 games I had forgotten I already own.

Steam sales will be the end of me, I keep stop giving Gabe money for games that will just get added to my backlog and probably never get played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom