• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Anyone knows a good way to increase the chance to the secret boss appears in Binding of Isaac ?

I'm played this game nonstop for HOURS today and only saw him ONCE =|

I'm starting to think that getting the Super Meat Boy golden gift is going to be faster =P

Well if you beat Mom 10 times the path to the secret boss will always appear.

Other than that, dunno.

rezuth

How is the online community for Red Orchestra 2? Is it pretty much dead or? I don't wanna buy a MP game and not be able to play the MP.

Speevy

Banned
Is the Spiral Knights achievement hard to get?

No, just slog through a couple of missions with your friends. Takes 10-15 minutes.

Then you can select lockdown in the menu. Hit someone with a snowball and it's yours.

I've never even played an MMO-type game and I did it.

gdt

Wait, Sonic will be $15 on Amazon tomorrow?

Ok, so is it actually good? Or super mega sonic fan starving good?

Joonytoon

Anyone knows a good way to increase the chance to the secret boss appears in Binding of Isaac ?

I'm played this game nonstop for HOURS today and only saw him ONCE =|

I'm starting to think that getting the Super Meat Boy golden gift is going to be faster =P

http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM said:
Can Krampus be encountered in basement?

yes, but its a small %, there is always a 10% chance of facing him in satans room and 5% as a mini boss, but that chance goes way up after you have visited satan. the more times you visit him the higher the % goes.

Just keep trying I guess.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Playing Dungeons of Dredmore, it's a lot of fun, even if I'm terrible at it. My longest run yet was just ended after I accidentally drank poison and killed myself. Oops. My goal is to earn my first Xmas cheesemint but I'll probably keep playing after that, good shit.

Is it normal for Fraps and the Steam overlay to not work with DoD?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wait, Sonic will be $15 on Amazon tomorrow?

Ok, so is it actually good? Or super mega sonic fan starving good?

Yeah Sonic will be $15 and heres the rest of the sneak peak for tomorrow straight from the guy who runs the deals and is on cag.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9217094&postcount=1152

Sonic Generations - $14.99
2. Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49
3. 48 Game Sega Genesis Bundle - $7.49
4. The Sega Power Pack - $49.99 containing:

Football Manager 2012 [Download] Sonic Generations [Download] Total War: Shogun 2 [Download] Empire: Total War [Download] Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition [Download] Renegade Ops [Download] Rome: Total War - Gold Edition [Download] Medieval II: Total War - Gold Edition [Download] Total War: SHOGUN 2 DLC - Rise of The Samurai Campaign [Online Game Code] Total War: Shogun 2 Bloodpack DLC Total War: Shogun 2 Hattori DLC 48 Game Sega Genesis Complete Pack (this is broken up into the individual Genesis classics series and games).

Articalys

HSPfS.png

These coupons are probably the only discount in the world that you could receive and still feel swindled. Valve are devious people.

well if you are giving them away I'll gladly take them

already have 200 but doubt I'll be lucky enough to get the right level on my first try

Steve Winwood already got to me, but if you can get to me in Steam before he gets off the phone, they are yours, as well as the extra shit.

2 lumps of coal and 50% off Sonic Generations (which I already own) for Psychonauts and Dungeons of Dredmor.

Counter-Strike Source
Day of Defeat Source
Dungeons of Dredmor
Greed Corp
Hard Reset
HOARD
Jamestown
Left 4 Dead 2
Orcs Must Die
Psychonauts
Team Fortress 2

Edit:
Adding another cheesemint.

Kuroyume

Banned
Are you following the video? It took me a few minutes on the keyboard, and on the laggy ass OSX version at that.

What video? I looked on YouTube and saw one where a guy hit the Alt button on his keyboard to make the game freeze and when he hit it again he was at the end of the level, but I couldn't replicate what he did for some reason. Is there another?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hoping someone can help me. I'm on OSX and I'm trying to play Anomaly Warzone, but the problem is that steam thinks it's updating and lists it as "Download started".

I can't delete the game from steam or verify integrity or anything... Steam just thinks it is downloading the game but it isn't. Anyone have any ideas?

HSPfS.png

These coupons are probably the only discount in the world that you could receive and still feel swindled. Valve are devious people.

I don't think they're nearly as well implemented as past contests. I have no interest whatsoever in earning tickets this time around, and I was pretty into it last summer.

thefil

Anyone else not seeing anything new in their inventory after unlocking achievements? I haven't gotten anything for the last three or so.

I don't think they're nearly as well implemented as past contests. I have no interest whatsoever in earning tickets this time around, and I was pretty into it last summer.

It should've been split between coupons and gifts if you got an achievement. Right now all the coupons I have are less valuable then the coal I have.

Anyone else not seeing anything new in their inventory after unlocking achievements? I haven't gotten anything for the last three or so.

Means you probably got coal for them. Go into TF2 and move around your inventory to get them to appear.

Articalys

The problem is, since virtually all coupon discounts are probably either matched or exceeded by the winter sale prices anyway, the market for them falls to people who are either so indecisive about what to buy right now that they freeze up and get nothing before the sale ends, or people who only start using Steam starting next year.

It should've been split between coupons and gifts if you got an achievement. Right now all the coupons I have are less valuable then the coal I have.

Yeah, that's really the biggest problem with the whole thing. Coupons should feel like winning, it's telling that the lumps of coal are more highly coveted by many/most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom