• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is Scared 1 or 2 Co Op local only or can you connect via internet?

There was an online play lobby in 1. But if that was based on the company servers that might not work anymore. Cant say whether you still can easily connect without any extra service.

TGMIII

So I decided to just try it once and turn my coal into a gift and I got:

25% OFF id Software

Yeah I won't be doing that again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
7 lumps for a measly discount? Damn, not gonna even try that. I will take my chances with the drawing. Got 2 lumps today.

coopolon

Playing the Beat Hazard Christmas challenges was actually a pretty enlightening experience. I had no idea there were so many terrible christmas rock songs.

Who knew Eve 6 did a Christmas album? And you know what? It sounds exactly like you would expect Eve 6 singing The First Noel would sound!

I am curious how the gifts will work when there are multiple achievements in a game. Just the easiest achievement? All of the achievements?

So I decided to just try it once and turn my coal into a gift and I got:

25% OFF id Software

Yeah I won't be doing that again.

It's times like these when I wish life had a quicksave/quickload function.

Sarcasm

Both on Sacred 1, not sure about Sacred 2

by local its LAN. Or you talking about same screen comfy couch co-op?

Yea by local I mean sharing one screen.

You know, gonna pass on Sacred (friends and I).

Too make it up to him I will gift him DoD lol.

flowsnake

Cave Story still isn't fixed.

Sucks for those of us that have no interest in the achievement they tried to add, which in turn causes the game to crash on startup.

Works for me, and the music sounds really different now. Did they really mess it up again and fix it in the same way they did with the Wii version...?

Edit: Nevermind, there's a whole new Remastered music option.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yuck... I thought you could choose the gift you wanted to craft?

Of course they won't let you choose anything you want. But it would be nice if you were at least guaranteed a game. Risking getting another useless coupon, I won't be touching my coals. I'll just take my chances in the draw.

Vamphuntr

Of course they won't let you choose anything you want. But it would be nice if you were at least guaranteed a game. Risking getting another useless coupon, I won't be touching my coals. I'll just take my chances in the draw.

I guess I'll see how many I have in the end. If I have more than 7 I'll try my luck. A coupon is still better than winning nothing in the big draw at the end.

TGMIII

That's the thing, I thought you were pretty much guaranteed a game at least but I guess not. Won't be doing it again that's for sure. At the same time though there's seriously no point to holding on to the coal, there's people out there right now farming them like crazy through alt accounts or just straight up buying them for money or with other games. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people out there with 50 pieces of coal right now.

fin

Good steam sale today! Picked up the Orange Box, The Witcher, and Psychonauts. My pile of shame is growing!!

Asking again, anyone else have a problem with Just Cause 2 playing sound as if from 2 speakers through their headphones. It's really aggravating to have sound working that way.

lol51

Horrible trade. Not even worth one coal.

What dumbass would do that?

May I interest you in this fine deal:

gooddeal.jpg

1,2,or 3 coals only! highest bidder between you two wins!

wow, I just keep getting better and better prizes:

Me3N2.png

At least that's more of a discount than the game currently has. Hopefully someone out there wants it?

Chris R

Bought AI War + DLC. No idea why I haven't heard of this game before. Looks like a lot of fun, just hope it is kinda easy to get into.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Anyone know why I can't get to the bonus level of Revenge of the Titans? Apparently I should be on version 1.80.14 instead of 1.80.13. Tried verifying and changing download region without luck.

larvi

For the publisher packs I was trying to decide between the WB pack and the Kalypso pack. I guess WB made the decision for me. I was going to wait until closer to the end of the sale but maybe they are swapping the packs in and out this year (I see the 2K pack there now and it wasn't there yesterday) so I went ahead and grabbed the Kalypso one now. I grabbed the Paradox one the last sale and that worked out well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For the publisher packs I was trying to decide between the WB pack and the Kalypso pack. I guess WB made the decision for me. I was going to wait until closer to the end of the sale but maybe they are swapping the packs in and out this year (I see the 2K pack there now and it wasn't there yesterday) so I went ahead and grabbed the Kalypso one now. I grabbed the Paradox one the last sale and that worked out well.

I got Paradox a while back too, good pack if you like strategy. I've been thinking about Popcap because I want some simple mindless games to play, but I wish it was just a bit cheaper. Apparently the WB pack is a goner.

Neiteio

TWO QUESTIONS!

++ If I buy Sonic Generations for $15 when it apparently goes on sale tomorrow at Amazon, how do I activitate it in Steam so that it's a normal Steam title in my library listings, with the tab and all that jazz? Apparently it's a "Steamworks" title but I know not how you activate it in Steam if you buy it from another source. Also, where on Amazon will the PC version be listed at this price, and WHEN, precisely?

++ The other question is, is LEGO Batman a good game my Batman fan brother would like, and how does it run on the PC, and how does it control? Is it buggy like the console version is apparently?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom