• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Oh Spiral Knights, you so crazy. Keeps on crashing as soon as I get into it. Which would be fine if not for the whole achievement thing.

SO whats best to do with coal?

I heard some people got Skyrim as a reward for 7 pieces..but I see more get coupons.
Personally, I'm just going to hold onto my coal and use it for the raffle at the end.

Volcynika

330x192

That one confused me. Apparently it's one of these games.

coopolon

What exactly do we have to do for that Spiral Knights achievement? It's so... vague.

You have to get into their equivalent of battlegrounds (which is accessed by clicking the crossed swords in the top right.) Then you have to be randomly assigned to a map with snow, pick up some snowballs lying around, and hit someone on the other team with them.

To get into the battleground/lockdown you have to have 200 Cr (their version of gold), which means you have to play through the first or second dungeons.

If you are randomly assigned to a battleground/lockdown that is not snow, you have to quit and do it again (which is another 200.)

Neiteio

I tried playing TF2 just now and it says the game is currently not available. Is this because the Steam servers are overloaded at the moment? I also have LEGO Batman downloading but Half-Life 2, Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 are all stalled...

That's why I chose Episode 3. *sigh* in my wet dreams only

I know, just want to play the game right fucking nao. Hate to wait.

If you want to play it right fucking now then just buy it. It's already marked down 75%. I really doubt it'll go lower than that unless they suddenly change the MSRP.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wonder, will we see Serious Sam Gold for a lower price than it has now?

Hey, I've got a SS1 HD code if you wanna trade for a dollar game or something.

Neiteio

Question:

Steam froze while "creating game caches" for the Half-Life games I was downloading. I had to force quit it. Now HL2, HL2 Deathmatch and HL2 Lost Coast are in yellow letters on the Details page, some saying Download Starting, HL2 saying Download Paused (but left-clicking and hitting Resume does nothing), and HL2 Ep1 and Ep2 and HL:DM:Source are all greyed out.

What should I do? :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What's the word on the double fine pack? I tried doing a cursory search for pyschonauts and didnt have too much quick success.

You've never heard of Psychonauts?

Dude you are in the perfect position. The game is absolutely amazing (just get through the kinda bland opening tutorial bit) and the less you know about it, the better the game is.

Platy

Anyone knows a good way to increase the chance to the secret boss appears in Binding of Isaac ?

I'm played this game nonstop for HOURS today and only saw him ONCE =|

I'm starting to think that getting the Super Meat Boy golden gift is going to be faster =P

thefil

Man, I totally played 20 minutes of Christmas Music in Beat Hazard Single Player, then realized I had to do it in Survival mode. Switched to Survival and died in 8.50 :(

catabarez

Anyone knows a good way to increase the chance to the secret boss appears in Binding of Isaac ?

I'm played this game nonstop for HOURS today and only saw him ONCE =|

I'm starting to think that getting the Super Meat Boy golden gift is going to be faster =P

I saw him too, but I died :( This was before I knew he was a secret boss.

Dizzy-4U

Question:

Steam froze while "creating game caches" for the Half-Life games I was downloading. I had to force quit it. Now HL2, HL2 Deathmatch and HL2 Lost Coast are in yellow letters on the Details page, some saying Download Starting, HL2 saying Download Paused (but left-clicking and hitting Resume does nothing), and HL2 Ep1 and Ep2 and HL:DM:Source are all greyed out.

What should I do? :(

- Right click on HL2 ~ Properties
- Go to "local files" tab
- Click on "Verify integrity of game cache"

Let it do it's thing, it may take a while. When it's finished, if you had corrupted files, steam will download them again.

Then repeat the process with the other two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom