• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the TF2 fix? I had 3 yesterday that weren't showing until i loaded TF2 for its achievement, then they magically showed like Valve wanted me to play some TF2 to see what I won.

So I'm playing TF2 right now and... Nothing.

Well, I'll give it a couple of hours and I'll come back to it later see if anything changed.

coopolon

I beat one of those stages too, but didn't get an achievment. I can't remember which stage it was, but I do believe it was Sweater.

I went and checked and for some reason it didn't save in game either, the level looked like it wasn't done. Maybe because I didn't vote?

So I did it again and voted and went to the next level and the achievement popped right away. Trying to beat the next level...now that was comical.

Petrie

Banned
2 and 4 posts above you? Tried that already?
It isn't the my inventory isn't showing it, quite literally I have the cheevo but on the page where the cheevos and descriptions are shown, it is still showing as if I didn't do the cheevo.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It isn't the my inventory isn't showing it, quite literally I have the cheevo but on the page where the cheevos and descriptions are shown, it is still showing as if I didn't do the cheevo.

Oh, thats a new one. Which achievement(s) didnt work for you?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The Dungeon of Dredmore one, I made the stuff, it unlocked, it shows on the games page, but not on the gifts page.

Someone mentioned that earlier I think. Just wait until tomorrow, I guess. Not much you can do about that now.

Grokbu

I went and checked and for some reason it didn't save in game either, the level looked like it wasn't done. Maybe because I didn't vote?

So I did it again and voted and went to the next level and the achievement popped right away. Trying to beat the next level...now that was comical.
Ahh, I see. I'll try to do that and see if it helps. :)

Toma

What's Sacred 2 like? Any good? Or how about the original Sacred?

Well its a Diablo Clone. Its pretty good, but I liked Sacred 1 better. Sacred 2 felt too... big? for me. Strange to describe. Just not as coherent.

jkoch

Well its a Diablo Clone. Its pretty good, but I liked Sacred 1 better. Sacred 2 felt too... big? for me. Strange to describe. Just not as coherent.

So is the original Sacred worth playing if I'm itching for Diablo 3? I played Sacred 2 on PC when it first came out and liked it enough to play through 3 times on different difficulties. Didn't have interesting loot though IIRC, which is kinda what I'm after.

SmithnCo

Revenge of the Titans is really good if you like Tower Defense games. I'll probably play a lot more of that and Orcs when I have time after the sale.

Toma

So is the original Sacred worth playing if I'm itching for Diablo 3? I played Sacred 2 on PC when it first came out and liked it enough to play through 3 times on different difficulties. Didn't have interesting loot though IIRC, which is kinda what I'm after.

Well, I prefer the first one very much over the second. If you liked and played through the second game, the first one would be just a fresh paint regarding new areas. They aren't too terribly different.

I might stumble over my memories here, but since you asked: I think the loot in 1 also felt more satisfying to me since it was somewhat over the place in 2. But please dont quote me on that.

Sorry but this is going to sound like a stupid question but I'm trying to get the L4D2 achievement but I'm not sure how I go about setting up the required game. These are the instructions for setting up the game.

"Create a local versus co-op game with bots and play humans, that way no one will be snatching gifts and you can stay in one location and kill the special zombies."

How do I set this up? Haven't played much L4D2.

jkoch

Well, I prefer the first one very much over the second. If you liked and played through the second game, the first one would be just a fresh paint regarding new areas. They aren't too terribly different.

I might stumble over my memories here, but since you asked: I think the loot in 1 also felt more satisfying to me since it was somewhat over the place in 2. But please dont quote me on that.

Thanks, for $5 I might as well give it a try. Dungeon Siege 3 really isn't doing it for me.

Toma

I know I asked this before, but are there any "free to play" games which aren't like "Welcome, now buy things."

I wanted these games as well, but no. They need to be financed in one way or the other, and you'll see a LOT more of these in the next years. Yay.

Just to make sure, you have 5 achievements from TODAY'S list, right?

Hum... I don't think so. I got TF2 and Jamestown without even trying a couple of days ago. Today I got Edge, Bit Trip Runner and Beat, Frozen Synapse, Polyphonial.

Also, AaaaaAAAaaaAA For the Awesome isn't working. I can't play the DLC levels...

MightyKAC

WTF!?!?

Spiral Knights is region locked for me??!!

Anyone know a way around this without using a proxy?

Is there a way that someone can gift me a free game? :p

Vamphuntr

Sorry but this is going to sound like a stupid question but I'm trying to get the L4D2 achievement but I'm not sure how I go about setting up the required game. These are the instructions for setting up the game.

"Create a local versus co-op game with bots and play humans, that way no one will be snatching gifts and you can stay in one location and kill the special zombies."

To create a versus game on a local server with bots you need the mutation mod.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529433

Otherwise you have to do it online.

I wanted these games as well, but no. They need to be financed in one way or the other, and you'll see a LOT more of these in the next years. Yay.

Champions is frickin' awful. The graphics are spot-on, but for as bad as DC Online is, it at least plays smooth.

Prophane33

So Today:

Bought: Dungeons of Dredmore (Not Complete, because I didn't realize it existed until AFTER I bought the stand-alone)
Sacred II (Didn't want to go lower than 8 for this, but figured wth?)

Achieved: Dungeons of Dredmore (got coal)
Spiral Knights (more coal....damn it, this cheevo sucked)

Try setting up a private game with one other person.

Toma

Hum... I don't think so. I got TF2 and Jamestown without even trying a couple of days ago. Today I got Edge, Bit Trip Runner and Beat, Frozen Synapse, Polyphonial.

Also, AaaaaAAAaaaAA For the Awesome isn't working. I can't play the DLC levels...

Yeah, only achievements from yesterday or today are currently showing up as gifts. The others will be retroactively activated when the are the achievements of the day.

HTuran

Cave Story still isn't fixed.

Sucks for those of us that have no interest in the achievement they tried to add, which in turn causes the game to crash on startup.

Yeah, only achievements from yesterday or today are currently showing up as gifts. The others will be retroactively activated when the are the achievements of the day.

aaaah that makes sens !

Edit : holy cow, I got a coil and a -50% coupon for a Valve game showing up in my inventory. Guys, I'm part of this. GUYZ, I feel so special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom