• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

So, it was made for everyone?

I mean, I can't see who that wouldn't appeal to.

SMTIV is so good man

sogood

salt-Wound.jpg

kafiend

Does driving around a truck for long periods of times sounds appealing?
If not you should probably skip it, if you're curious then by all means try it out.

The beauty of ETS2 is that for many people, driving around in a truck for hours does not sound appealing or compelling. The thing is, once you start to play you realise it is appealing and compelling and also one hell of a fun game. Tell your friends and they will mock, get your friends to play and you can't get them off the game.
The inclusion of Internet radio is pure genius. As well as having an addiction to Country and Western radio I like to listen to audiobooks.

A year ago I went mildly insane (according to my wife) and built a racing cockpit in my games room in the loft. I intended to use it for racing games, which I have done I admit in short bursts. But time spent racing is nothing compared to the amount of time I have sat in my little creation playing ETS2 :)

MiKeD

Banned
Warlock: Master of the Arcane

you missed it for cheaper tho

Oh well, it's her money. She spend so much already on X-mas gifts, she won't care lol

There's some good mods out there for Civ which will make it more fantasy.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Galactic Civilizations II but that's less friendly than Civ

I think Fallen Enchantress would meet that description.

Fallen Enchantress.

Eador Genesis is great. Or Masters of The Broken World if you want something prettier.

Alrighty, thanks all. I'll tell her.

akira28

ss_fcea526302c583d0897f11d4a7bcc304904691c7.1920x1080.jpg

id say its pretty clear

hahah no, it's a Princess Maker type micro-management RPG game. I would be surprised if they had anything worse than PG-13 type fan service.

Though I probably wouldn't play this in public..
I'd bet more women play this than men, actually.

Alright, back to me messing around.

Whoever can guess what this is from;

fAICxPp.jpg

Will win this game;

Quote or PM me your answers.

Old Hints;
Anime / Manga / Thing
Beck

New Hint;
40 years ago

I'll keep this up until Christmas, then just give it away.

rtcn63

SMTIV is so good man

Dull graphics, characters, story, demon art. Grinding for the sake of grinding, without hints of an interesting narrative to make you want to endure it all. SMT III and the Persona games were much better, they had some semblance of a unique atmosphere and storyline. (Though I don't miss the absurd difficulty of Nocturne, could never finish)

Alex

Dull graphics, characters, story, demon art. Grinding for the sake of grinding, without hints of an interesting narrative to make you want to endure it all. SMT III and the Persona games were much better, they had some semblance of a unique atmosphere and storyline.

SMT IV is solid, I approve of it but it's a kind of a drop off a cliff compared to Nocturne.

Is it me or this thread is going slower than last year?

I think we should be replying now in "Steam Holiday Sale 2013 |OT3| FREE HALF-LIFE 3 FOR EVERYONE".

Copons

The inclusion of Internet radio is pure genius.

BTW the fact that they didn't implement some stuff to deteriorate radio signal while driving through tunnels (a la Metropolis Street Racer) is something that always totally upset me, to the point that for me the radio is actually the worst feature of the entire game.

I'm weird I know, but still, it should be super easy to make it and it is definitely super effective!

ZenaxPure

Oh well, it's her money. She spend so much already on X-mas gifts, she won't care lol

I played Warlock for the first time yesterday and at least in the early game it is literally just Civ except fantasy. Pretty awesome. Dunno how it pans out as you keep playing since I actually wasn't in the mood for Civ at the time, but I am going to go to it next time I get that itch instead of going to Civ 5.

Eusis

Super Hexagon is a dumb piece of crap now? OK, now I've seen everything...
That's admittedly hyperbole on my part, but despite the low price it's the smallest discount and arguably the least interesting of the three to have win. Especially now that I verified it has been in a Humble Bundle, Android Bundle 5 to be exact.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Still doubting about getting Fallout 3 GOTY for 2,50. Heck of a price, but it's got...
...GFWL *shudders* :|
And I doubt i'll play it anytime soon. I barely know the games, that's the weird thing, but I own almost all of them. :p This is the only Fallout I don't own.

denx

I'm going to hold out one more year on ME3 and DA2 to see if they finally make their way back to Steam.

Well, ME3 has never been on Steam, so it can't "go back" to it. Also, the game is deeply integrated with Origin, so I'd say there is zero chance of the game ever appearing on Steam.

Alex

Still doubting about getting Fallout 3 GOTY for 2,50. Heck of a price, but it's got...
And I doubt i'll play it anytime soon. I barely know the games, that's the weird thing, but I own almost all of them. :p This is the only Fallout I don't own.

Think it has a pretty simple mod to disable it, if you wanted.

Myshkin

I voted for LLTQ but truth is I won't buy it even if it wins the community vote. I've been trained by Steam to buy stuff at a minimum of -66%.

I voted for KR0 due to this. Really, since Long Live the Queen is on GOG, I'm just waiting for a GOG deal to be good enough to bite - possibly $5 will do it. Game is worth more to me on GOG than Steam.

(Then I find out KR0 is already 50% off at Amazon or somewhere.)

Copons

hahah no, it's a Princess Maker type micro-management RPG game. I would be surprised if they had anything worse than PG-13 type fan service.

Eh, I don't know.
I believe that this kind of art style (LLTQ/Recettear/random lolicon) are mostly "male oriented", and could be perceived as pervert by a women audience.
At least, first time I played Recettear, my gf said "oh, so now you're playing hentai games right in front of me?" :D

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure Fallout 3 has a mod that gets rid of GFWL

Shurayuki

Hanako does get help from others for games, but generally these are games made by a woman for other women/girls yeah.
Aint no henati doujin game folks!

Voted for the queen, my entire friendlist already seems to have hexagon but i wouldn't get it at 60, 30 is just buy it whatever territory though *shrugs*
Would like Kentucky but it's not finished and pretty expensive (and available at amazon etc for that price and cheaper).

MiKeD

Banned
I played Warlock for the first time yesterday and at least in the early game it is literally just Civ except fantasy. Pretty awesome. Dunno how it pans out as you keep playing since I actually wasn't in the mood for Civ at the time, but I am going to go to it next time I get that itch instead of going to Civ 5.

Oh perfect. Yeah, she'll definitely dig it then.

Jasconius

Voted Long live the Queen.
Really hope that wins. It has absolutely no sale price aside from the current 10% and it's the main game I wanted this sale that I thought wouldn't get a bigger discount.

I voted for it too, but if it doesn't win, it's currently on sale on the Hanako Games website for $4.97 as well! (There's a demo there too) It says $9.95 on the site but if you click the link to buy it, it will automatically apply the discount in your cart.

Jawmuncher

I voted for KR0 due to this. Really, since Long Live the Queen is on GOG, I'm just waiting for a GOG deal to be good enough to bite - possibly $5 will do it. Game is worth more to me on GOG than Steam.

But the card money!
Sad that if I am deciding between GOG and Steam that's usually the item that pulls me over to steam.

kurahador

But KR0 is already at that price on amazon and cheaper in GMG.

Come one steamgaf, I though we're better than this.

Jawmuncher

I voted for it too, but if it doesn't win, it's currently on sale on the Hanako Games website for $4.97 as well! (There's a demo there too) It says $9.95 on the site but if you click the link to buy it, it will automatically apply the discount in your cart.

Sweet thanks for the heads up. Will probably go that route if it dies on the flash sale.

Also thought it was a "Games for Windows" titles and doesn't run GFWL.

I don't think my copy does anyway.

I think it has both. I have all the GFWL achievements for Fallout 3.
(All thanks to that console command)

dani_dc

SMTIV is so good man

sogood

salt-Wound.jpg

So many steam games, and yet the pain of not having SMT IV doesn't go away!

Curse my decision to not to import a complementary American 3DS so I could play this game. And curse NoE for announcing we'd get this game half a year ago, tricking me into thinking we wouldn't wait that long for it.

At this rate I might just look into PCSx2 to replay SMT Nocturne.

The beauty of ETS2 is that for many people, driving around in a truck for hours does not sound appealing or compelling. The thing is, once you start to play you realise it is appealing and compelling and also one hell of a fun game. Tell your friends and they will mock, get your friends to play and you can't get them off the game.
The inclusion of Internet radio is pure genius. As well as having an addiction to Country and Western radio I like to listen to audiobooks.

A year ago I went mildly insane (according to my wife) and built a racing cockpit in my games room in the loft. I intended to use it for racing games, which I have done I admit in short bursts. But time spent racing is nothing compared to the amount of time I have sat in my little creation playing ETS2 :)

Well, I've played several hours of the game, and while I found it a decent game to kill time while watching TV (football games that aren't being engaging, political/social commentary/news), I really don't see the particular appeal of it.

It's exactly what you would expect it to be, which is a great thing for the people that it appeals to, but for those that aren't too interested in simulators in general, I don't think this game would change their mind.

Wok

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 70 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edna & Harvey -- MB-F409ADEDC0857406
Serious Sam HD #2 -- MB-6ACBC865A6ED6E2F
Brutal Legend -- MB-3172B3B61EBD6512
Capsized -- MB-DAFEFE7A9742D207
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-E88AEC183274CBCE
Serious Sam HD -- MB-14A2AFE7708A73EC
The Whispered World -- MB-4791CB86CFE64510
Eufloria -- MB-858FBA6A81D3FA42
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-970C75CB35E57FA4
Bastion -- MB-FC81D29F4DF7AC73
The Showdown Effect -- MB-D8817C871E94450E
Shank 2 -- MB-A113C60D64E68A69 - Taken by inm8num2