• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Grabbed the BioShock Infinite season pass after Danj gave me the heads up about it. Also gifted Zeliard The Stanley Parable since it rules.

Unsure if I should grab Assetto Corsa, €26.24 is a lot for me, but on the other hand good racing games on PC are so scarce.. Anyone here played it?
Assetto Corsa is absolutely amazing, but its a very hardcore sim and its Early Access with fairly barebones content and features at the moment.

Its a must for any sim racing fans and is a great price for it, considering the full price is actually already discounted from what it will be when it actually releases.

Also found How To Survive is 50% off, which is pretty good for something that came out less than 2 months ago.

The_Monk

Grabbed the BioShock Infinite season pass after Danj gave me the heads up about it. Also gifted Zeliard The Stanley Parable since it rules.

Unsure if I should grab Assetto Corsa, €26.24 is a lot for me, but on the other hand good racing games on PC are so scarce.. Anyone here played it?

As for someone who finished Dirt 2 & 3 last month, I too ran out of racing games and I'm in need of something good. If the price is okay then go ahead.

The game is shaping up and looking good so far. There's a Early Access thread, check it out if you are unsure. I believe that the game is going to deliver from what I've seen so it's just a matter of how much you are willing to pay for it and how bad you are needing a decent racing game for your driving needs.

C4rter

Shit, the Deus Ex DC discount seems to supercede the ownership discount. I wonder if it'll be gone after the sale...

Noticed that too. Was 3,99€ before the sale for me, now it's 13,39€. And I have the main game and Missing Link.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just noticed that Metal Gear Rising Brazil version is region locked to South America.

JaseC checked the steam registry database and there's only one entry for MGRR Digital and one for Phisical copies.

As of today, there isn't a Brazil-specific region (but I guess that could change, like it did with Assassin's Creed 4).

BadAss2961

Based on the minimum specs listed, my PC would probably vaporize itself trying to run MGS:R. >.> Which is a pity, since it really looks like my kind of thing. On the other hand, I have other stuff to play, and by the time I have a rig capable of handling it, it'll probably be a good bit cheaper anyway, so I suppose it works out.
Just checked... lol at the MGR specs. 4GB of RAM recommended at that. Why?

Goddamnit. Make Dishonored DLC cheaper you bastards. Its ridiculous that if I already own the game I have to pay more for the DLC than for the GOTY edition.

neoism

Wow nice price on dat season pass good thang I got mine for free a few months ago

I swear though that damn Dishonoured dlc :/ will it ever go to 75% off :(

Nice thread shark voting will kill me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MY BLOOD IS PUMPING

Kabouter

Assetto Corsa is absolutely amazing, but its a very hardcore sim and its Early Access with fairly barebones content and features at the moment.

Its a must for any sim racing fans and is a great price for it, considering the full price is actually discounted from what it will be when it actually releases.

Also found How To Survive is 50% off, which is pretty good for something that came out less than 2 months ago.

Is it so hardcore that playing it without a wheel would just be dumb? I normally just play racing games with a 360 pad.

pahamrick

It will be. One of the snow globe cards is XCom.

That would be awesome, worst case is 33% like Amazon & Newegg. Will have my computer up and running again in a few weeks, having the Xcom expansion waiting will be grand.

And sorry folks, I voted Shadowrun.

Already own FTL and Dust.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'll be patiently waiting on that Brothers sale.

Gotta snag that sucker before Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations!

Nabs

Its a must for any sim racing fans and is a great price for it, considering the full price is actually already discounted from what it will be when it actually releases.

How To Survive is 75% off on Uplay. I don't know if it's a Steam key, but I'd wait a bit. http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.289756500/How_To_Survive.html

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JaseC checked the steam registry database and there's only one entry for MGRR Digital and one for Phisical copies.

As of today, there isn't a Brazil-specific region (but I guess that could change, like it did with Assassin's Creed 4).
I see. I guess it will probably change since they have that warning on the game page.

iBnMxz6ZiYsAB.png

edit: looks like it's a new thing according to Jase's post below.

DMczaf

I've bought so many games on Steam that I've gone from "STEAM SALE! YAY GAMES!" to "STEAM SALE! TIME TO LOAD UP ON DLC!"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:D

But Resident Evil 5 is already 75% Off.

I don't think it has been cheaper but I can wait.

IT IS FUCKING AWESOME

DO IT

75%

Jawmuncher

Would MGRR work fine on an NVidia GeForce GTX 560M (2GB)?

From everything i am seeing it should so long as you meet the other requirement such as ram.

Based on the minimum specs listed, my PC would probably vaporize itself trying to run MGS:R. >.> Which is a pity, since it really looks like my kind of thing. On the other hand, I have other stuff to play, and by the time I have a rig capable of handling it, it'll probably be a good bit cheaper anyway, so I suppose it works out.

Yep. Still it is nice to see MGS on steam

Lingitiz

Yes. Fun for like 20 minutes, maybe double if you get the FGC inside jokes.

As someone not clued into the FGC this was my experience. A friend and I played for like half an hour before getting bored. I tried playing again on my own and was done after one match.

Fun little joke worth a dollar or whatever, but the same thing could probably be achieved with a browser flash game.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone else see a blank space in the top sellers list?

It's currently number 8 at £29.99 and when I click on it it brings me back to the main page, anyone know what it is?

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
I haven't even built the £1000 gaming PC I've just bought the components for and already I've spent a ton of cash on games for it!

Priorities man... PRIORITIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom