• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Why+can+t+I+hold+all+these+limes+_8de7a237800e4827ad4706d6e601d641.png

I CANT HOLD ALL THESE GAMES
Those aren't games, I believe they're some sort of fruit. I suggest you take them back to Gamestop asap and demand a refund.

yuraya

What do you mean? I have no intention of buying a controller, so bad mouse/keyboard controls can be a deal breaker.

I wouldn't say its a deal breaker. You can probably get used to the controls after putting in some hours of playtime. But I kind of need a controller for a couple of other games I bought as well. So I might as well just pick it up.

Arthea

I need your help SteamGAF: I'm looking for a "gag gift" to give someone through steam. Does anyone have any hilarious/bad/hilariously bad game recommendations?

how much you are willing to spend?
Some of us are waiting for this to drop in price to get some fun with gifts
header_292x136.jpg

if you want cheap one
header_292x136.jpg

Monk found last one.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I missed out on Shadow Warrior being $10. Are any of the stores selling keys for that? Or does anyone have an extra I could buy from you?

New Indie Royale: Debut 8 Bundle.

Murder in the Hotel Lisbon
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle
Hero Siege
Millennium 3 - Cry Wolf
Love+
One Way Heroics
Where Angels Cry

Every title is on Greenlight.

A GAF member is part of the team that made Murder in the Hotel Lisbon, Love+ is also made by other Gaffer and One Way Heroics is in the Top 10 of Greenlight and also has the guys responsible for the localization here on GAF.

Radio

I'm enjoying Euro Truck Sim 2 more than I probably should.

I even put on a flannel shirt and baseball cap to play. So now I'm into cosplay - thanks Steam.

Khronico

Is The Cave any good?

It looks like one of those games that could be good but also could be pretty meh.

I know it's lineage but still.

I actually really enjoyed it. Besides the backtracking parts, it was really intriguing, and I really liked the character stories. So yes, I think it's pretty good.

Eldritch is a lot of fun, and creepy as hell

Does the game feel... 'sparse'? I watched a little bit of gameplay on youtube and the game looked a bit lacking in content.

Arthea

A GAF member is part of the team that made Murder in the Hotel Lisbon, Love+ is also made by other Gaffer and One Way Heroics is in the Top 10 of Greenlight and also has the guys responsible for the localization here on GAF.

Bought instantly when I saw One Way Heroics in the bundle! :)

vg260

I think its time I start indulging myself this sale guys, and buy Injustice.

Injustice is an enjoyable fighter, as much as people want to crap on it. It's just different and perhaps more casual-friendly. Though admittedly, most of its charm is due to it being a DC cast. I'd take it over Skullgirls anyday, because I can't stand the Skullgirls character designs.

I didn't think it was ever on sale on GMG this event. Isn't it $20 still on Amazon.

Bought Van Helsing because it looks like a load of fun.

Passing on Dark Souls mostly because I don't want to break anything being frustrated by it.

Still hoping Call of Juarez Gunslinger goes on sale.

Everybody should vote on Murder in Hotel Lisbon on Greenlight.

I already have the game, it's short but very cute.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a little bump. I accidentally didn't make it a free for all, so you'll have to choose only one of the giveaways to enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 #2 -- MB-E7A620E667408C5A - Taken by JakeD. 24 entrants total.
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-E03508E7C88ABEA6 - Taken by throwawayname. 57 entrants total.

t1388095049z1.png

ib2d0p4VDinfuX.gif
dmc4-combo15fps-2-350i3s1y.gif

bj00rn_

Banned
Someone try to convince me that Dark Souls won't be an absolutely miserable experience. From what I've heard, the "appeal" of the game is that it's incredibly punishing and difficult, but very satisfying once you succeed. That sounds kinda like purposely giving yourself blue balls so it will feel really good once you get laid.

If it seems daunting, instead of stressing through it without control, perhaps try to use the first couple of "areas" as a sandbox / tool to gain some skills and points to level up, in other words some light grinding. And remember, backstabbing is your friend, LOL. Anyway, I never thought I would even come close to finish this game, normally I don't have the patience to master this type of game, but I did, and I'm glad.

Edit: Well, I absolutely hated the "invasions" / "online" play, so I played it most of the time without internet connection.. But that's just me..

Splatt

Much thanks for Krusenstern for gifting me Gemini Rue, if Spelunky goes on sale I'll try to raise some money(currently broke :( ) to put up a giveaway :)

Grief.exe

Bought Van Helsing because it looks like a load of fun.

Passing on Dark Souls mostly because I don't want to break anything being frustrated by it.

Still hoping Call of Juarez Gunslinger goes on sale.

The difficulty associated with Dark Souls is overblown, and its all fair. There won't be many times that you will actually get frustrated.

Bri

Bought CS:GO and actually launched it to give it a try, but it seems impossible to find games at all.

Maybe Gaben didn't count on people to actually play these games.

Kanokare

The difficulty associated with Dark Souls is overblown, and its all fair. There won't be many times that you will actually get frustrated.

Only thing that was difficult for me was usually when I was invaded and people were easily killing me. I usually got a laugh when something crazy happens otherwise.

msv

Damn you greenmangaming! I bought Anno 2070, but its on capsule! Didnt even know it existed :/ And now, it's even less expensive on Steam, where I actually wanted it in the first place. Can't even get a refund, stuck with a game randomly connected to Capsule. Yegh. Guess I shouldn't have dealt with GMG in the first place, their site is abysmal.

Anyone know how many single player maps Tower Wars has?

joe2187

Banned
Injustice is an enjoyable fighter, as much as people want to crap on it. It's just different and perhaps more casual-friendly. Though admittedly, most of its charm is due to it being a DC cast. I'd take it over Skullgirls anyday, because I can't stand the Skullgirls character designs.

I didn't think it was ever on sale on GMG this event. Isn't it $20 still on Amazon.

I'll take bouncing colorful boobs over the awful shit colored everything that nether realm filters everything through in their games.

for some reason I can't get my xbox controller to aim in CS GO, wanted to play on my TV but looks like they got some patching to do to improve controller support

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

The real difficulty and frustration in Dark Souls lies with the fact that it has no interest in telling you what anything means. It's not hand holding to ask for the game to explain what its stat increases do, for example. That's where the game (along with Demons Souls) failed in my eyes. It's just obtuse in its own mechanics. That's completely separate from not being explicit in telling you where to go, or "Oops, maybe you shouldn't have run past that hallway without looking to see what was down there first, idiot"

Man, DmC is on sale, but knowing that it's going to be free next month on PS+ sure drains away all my reasons to buy it lol.

And wow at Lost Planet 3. I barely even knew it released, and even now I barely even realize that it probably bombed pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom