• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still $55. But sounds like something EB Games would do. Other then a situation like mine I don't see a reason to buy them from EB anymore. But I guess it's understandable, why would they sell something for $0 profit.

Somebody on Whirlpool said that he was told that EB plans to hike the cards up to $60, but I figured it wouldn't happen until after the sale, much like the original hike up to $55, which occurred after the Summer Sale.

Is AVP 2010 MP active or a ghost town? And if it is, is it just ruined with hackers and stuff or is it still fun to play?

There's still a few servers that are mostly full, but it is pretty empty as a whole. No hackers last I played, but most people just use the Predator and spam. Not really possible to play as a Marine or Alien at this point and still win consistently.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want to wait for the next deals to see if things go for 1 cent. I'll buy the shit out of it the games.
KuGsj.gif

JaseC

I want to wait for the next deals to see if things go for 1 cent. I'll buy the shit out of it the games.
KuGsj.gif

The largest pricing error I've seen, in terms of the discount applied, is the SR3 Complete Pack being 93% off throughout the entirety of a Flash Sale during last year's Summer Sale, although funnily enough it only applied to the Aussie store.

You couldn't actually purchase it anyways I think, so no loss.

You didn't miss anything:

Edit: Beaten.

it wasn't the good kind of price error. It was impossible to check out.

but at the price it is now, completely worth it. Please give it a try.

It's OK, the purchase button is automatically disabled when games go -100% so you didn't miss anything. :)

The game was 100% off, but Steam disabled the "add to cart" button.

It was only for like a split second at 100% off. You could not purchase it.

EDIT: Holy late Batman!

It's ok, I'm playing it on my Vita since I got it from PSN Plus, awesome game.

Caerith

Somebody on Whirlpool said that he was told that EB plans to hike the cards up to $60, but I figured it wouldn't happen until after the sale, much like the original hike up to $55, which occurred after the Summer Sale.

How can that even be legal?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The largest pricing error I've seen, in terms of the discount applied, is the SR3 Complete Pack being 93% off throughout the entirety of a Flash Sale during last year's Summer Sale, although funnily enough it only applied to the Aussie store.

Wow that is crazy O_O

Man, I just played through a bit of DmC: Devil May Cry. That is an *excellent* port. I thought it looked pretty good on the 360 when I played it there, but 1080p @ 60fps on the PC makes that game *sing*. I mean, it's an Unreal Engine game so it's not like they had to re-code some console-focused engine to get it to run, but still, they did an awesome job with that port. Totally worth the $12.49.

Radio

So Steam is basically a virus, right? It starts off slow - you buy a game. Then you buy another. Then you buy a few more. Then there's a sale, and you're up to 20 games. Then 50. Then 100. They're so cheap - you'd be crazy not to keep going. 150, 250, 300. There's a price error, you have to buy it. 400, 500, 1,000. You can't stop. 2,000, 10,000, 1,000,000. Death.

Then you're reborn as the supreme being.

Man winning morrowind in the giveaway was a blessing and a curse, nostalgia was hitting me hard during the flash but my wallet was empty. Unfortunately modding is pretty much required since it doesn't run at 1080p or any widescreen resolution really. What makes it even rougher is how tedious modding was back then and the fact that 99% of the links don't exist anymore. The only easy solution I've found so far is Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 but fuck running an exe that's going to play host to 25 more exe's that are all going to do stuff -- I'm way too paranoid for that. I'm Hnnging so bad looking at videos for it though :(. All I really want are 1080p, better textures, the increased view distance, and those dof/godray shaders, but I just can't be arsed figuring out links to manual installs for those things. I could care less about floppy donged characters though.

TL;DR Morrowind is old y'all and it doesn't have workshop support.

Also I'd wish steam would host premodded installs for old games that are by definition broken on first launch. I have several in my library that don't really work or run acceptably without doing some serious modding. Things like max payne 1 having sound files that don't work on Win7, Fallout not launching/launching in black and white etc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.
Man, congrats for that! You've done a lot for this community, I wish there was a way to repay you for all you've done here. Here's hoping you have a happy and great life onwards!

I do not know what are caps over here.
KuGsj.gif

#BLESS

My internet is slow sometimes, but I've made them pay by the bucketload now that my gaming PC is finished.

I'm sitting at something like 293/948.

It's ok, I'm playing it on my Vita since I got it from PSN Plus, awesome game.

That's good, but you should still pick it up on PC to support Drinkbox so they can keep making fantastic games! $3.75 is a pittance to have it in 1080p hd with all the DLC. ;)

Hell, if you bought the DLC for the PSN version(s) it'd run you more than the game on Steam. :p

So Steam is basically a virus, right? It starts off slow - you buy a game. Then you buy another. Then you buy a few more. Then there's a sale, and you're up to 20 games. Then 50. Then 100. They're so cheap - you'd be crazy not to keep going. 150, 250, 300. There's a price error, you have to buy it. 400, 500, 1,000. You can't stop. 2,000, 10,000, 1,000,000. Death.

Then you're reborn as the supreme being.

You are not a true SteamGaffer until you hug your wallet and cry like a baby after a sale.

Eternia

CS:GO was 99% off during this past summer sale that like 5 people managed to purchase. The Just Cause price error in the same sale was 96% off and lasted seemingly forever.

JaseC

CS:GO was 99% off during this past summer sale that like 5 people managed to purchase. The Just Cause price error in the same sale was 96% off and lasted seemingly forever.

Ah, yeah, that's right. Forgot about those. GO was 14c and the original JC 27c.

bender

What time is it?
I really regret not picking up the Stanley Parable during its' daily sale. Let's all pray for a repeat deal.

There's still a few servers that are mostly full, but it is pretty empty as a whole. No hackers last I played, but most people just use the Predator and spam. Not really possible to play as a Marine or Alien at this point and still win consistently.
That sucks. Last I played was during the console demo, way back, and playing as the Alien was best. I actually tried to play like an Alien, lying in wait on the ceilings and the dark, sneaking around. Was annoying to see people playing the Alien and just rushing at you

Guess I'll pass on AVP

I remember hopping on the Sonic Collection when it was erroneously discounted for 75% off.when Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was a 24 hr Daily deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom