• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrod

I got excited when I clicked new releases under the steam store main page and saw
South Park the stock of truth

But no price :/

Stanley Parable is my #2 game of the year.

But who am I?

The dude with companion cube as his avatar.
Personally, although it was amusing in the time I spent with it, The Stanley Parable falls into the Dear Esther/Gone Home genre for me and is thus disqualified from my GAME of the Year considerations. :)

World of Goo is a fantastic game. I'm playing it on iPad and it's just great.

It's been in like 70x indie bundles.
Someone in here wanted the puzzle game by the guys that made Blocks that Matter, so I voted for that. (Plus it's the only one I don't own, so I thought... hey, if it looks cool and it wins, maybe I'd buy it...)

Yeah you made the wrong choice... Or did you?

Nicely done.

What is GAF's opinion on CastleStorm? Would you recommend it and how long does it take to complete the game?

It looked kind of cool when it released on PSN earlier this year, but I'm not really into Tower Defense games unless they have a REALLY interesting mechanic that makes it seem fun to me... I just can't bring myself to spend money on it after all the other games I purchased this last week or so.

However, it generally gets a good buzz, so if you're looking into it, for less than $4, you probably couldn't go very wrong. :)

--

I really have this itch to play one of the more recent Call of Duty games, but I cannot bring myself to pay more than $20 for Ghosts and $15 or less for any other entry in the franchise. C'mon, Activision, show us some love...

--

When I was playing Fist Puncher earlier, I had a bit of an overscan problem... didn't someone put a link to some external software that would help fix all overscan problems earlier in the thread?
Does anyone have that link handy or the name of the software -- in case I can't find it via search?

andreyblade

Neo Member
Since I can't make a new thread just yet, I wanted to say that Steam apparently messed up and posted the upcoming deals for the Day 11 (30 dec) and Day 12 (31 dec) on its News section http://store.steampowered.com/news/

In case they get taken down, check them out

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 11!
Today's Daily Deals include:
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 12!
Today's Daily Deals include:
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Hubb

Just realised there was a new vote. What's the verdict?

Most of these look meh, I've heard of World of Goo though but it's old isn't it?

World of Goo I thought has been bundled before. Personally I don't care for any of the games up for vote but awhile back people were asking for Tetrobot so I tossed my vote that way.

jblank83

I bought way too many games for way too cheap this year. I'm installing something like 30 gb worth of stuff I need to play. It's glorious and a little scary.

And it's not even Jan 3rd yet.

Jawmuncher

Since I can't make a new thread just yet, I wanted to say that Steam apparently messed up and posted the upcoming deals for the Day 11 (30 dec) and Day 12 (31 dec) on its News section http://store.steampowered.com/news/

In case they get taken down, check them out

Looks like their won't be anything for me to buy in the dailies.
Also heads up Deadlight is pretty terrible. Neat idea but the execution is lacking and it can be pretty boring.

Nabs

Just finished Saints Row 4 and.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How did this get 9s all over the place? I'm glad I don't bother with reviews anymore.

Oh hey, I won Bad Rats. That cheered me up a bit.

Jawmuncher

How did this get 9s all over the place? I'm glad I don't bother with reviews anymore.

how I felt playing saints row 3.
Game was a repetitive bore fest. Glad I had got it in the THQ bundle.

Oreoleo

Cook, Serve, Delicious ABSOLUTELY needs to go on deep discount again. The amount of positive word of mouth it's gotten since yesterday is insane. Everyone is talking about it.

marrec

Banned

Hey guys, open world games suck.

All of them.

Welcome to my world.

Although AC4 is pretty dope.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I can see why it would bore some people (I personally didn't like the Mission Designs at times) but I had fun with Saints Row 3 for my rental sub on PS3 from the characters/dialog alone.

Garcia

Cook, Serve, Delicious ABSOLUTELY needs to go on deep discount again. The amount of positive word of mouth it's gotten since yesterday is insane. Everyone is talking about it.

I'm seriously waiting for it to show up once more as a flash sale in order to get it.

Kind of interested in Gone Home as a mystery solving game. The thing is I grew up in a tiny flat with 4 other people. The setting wouldn't resonate me at all. Is that why people like it? I mean, I grew up in that period as well. Outside of that it looks something from TV

World of Goo I thought has been bundled before. Personally I don't care for any of the games up for vote but awhile back people were asking for Tetrobot so I tossed my vote that way.
Yeah, World of Goo was in one of the early humble bundles. I think the devs also had it as PWYW on their site for a period of time. In any case, it is a good game. Definitely worth $1 if you don't have it already.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How are the PC versions of Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within?

Minus some issues with NVIDA drivers on Windows 7 or issues that can be taken care of with simple ini changes outlined here , perfectly fine as long as you remember it is a rather dated game designed for consoles.

Any other Super Hexagon addicts around here? Would like to add you to my Steam friendlist. =)

Mostly for iOS, but I've started getting into it on Steam just recently and I'm always happy to have new friends.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kenofthedead

Jawmuncher

I can see why it would bore some people (I personally didn't like the Mission Designs at times) but I had fun with Saints Row 3 for my rental sub on PS3 from the characters/dialog alone.

The dialog and such were definitely the best part but i felt the missions were a chore to get to it all. Aside from the cyber space stuff which caught me off guard.

Hey guys, open world games suck.

All of them.

Welcome to my world.

Although AC4 is pretty dope.

Sleeping Dogs is easily my favorite.

marrec

Banned
Kind of interested in Gone Home as a mystery solving game. The thing is I grew up in a tiny flat with 4 other people. The setting wouldn't resonate me at all. Is that why people like it? I mean, I grew up in that period as well. Outside of that it looks something from TV

If you grew up in the 90s you'll probably love the game.

X-Files VHS tapes are something that isn't included in enough games.

Garcia

If it goes on sale again, i'm buying another copy, just so i can support some more, and give it away on here. The game needs to be played by all!

This and the fact that you like Mischief Makers makes you an awesome user.

Edit: KenOD & More_Badass , added you already. I'm Garchia Garchia. :)

StAidan

New flash deals are almost here. But this Don't Starve giveaway is happening now.

ramoisdead, you are awesome. Thanks for a terrific game.

SteamGAF has been good to me this Christmas, so I'm definitely gonna pay it forward. I'm thinking a Pac-Man giveaway soon, just waiting to see if it ever hits the daily deals at more than -33%.

Get it. Great game and if you are born in the 90's I don't see how it could not click with you, I don't think living situation should effect your enjoyment or lack thereof.

If you're thinking about it you don't need to play it right now, just wait for another sale, it will happen. get another game that you want more.

Smash88

Banned
2VLsez3.png

Like WTF honestly.

Rflagg

Late to the grats party, because I missed it before watching the Huskies bowl game, but congrats to Stump on the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom