• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfirm

Banned
The Batman Game of the Year Pack includes:

•Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

•Batman Arkham City GOTY

€ 12.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

batman
large-6-640x350.jpeg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nl/en/pc/games/action/batman-game-year-pack/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Picked up Giana bundle. It's so cheap that I don't care.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright GAF, GMG has Half Life 2 and HL2 Ep. 1 and 2 on sale and I could get all for under $10-
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/half-life-2-episode-1/
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/half-life-2-episode-2/
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/half-life-2/

As I only want HL2, do I need any other DLC or HL2 stuff missing from GMG?

No, but Ep. 1/2 are "epilogues" of HL2 and less "DLC" outside of their length. Get them anyway for the "complete story so far" in HL2.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, Steam cancelled that last transaction that went a bit wrong, so I now own Wargame: European Escalation and the Giana expandalone.

Those 2 games have also pushed me to 800 games on Steam, eep.

LogicStep

I voted for Spelunky when it was up for vote on the community choice section, but I wasn't able to check afterwards if it won. Did I miss that sweet special?

Yuuichi

Has sonic all stars racing transformed been a daily yet?

You know, I don't think it has, now that I think about it. I think it was a flash though.

Also, if anyone needs cards 5 or 10, feel free to drop me a line, I could care less about them.

Its almost for the better, those games are completely riddled with DRM.

I'd like to see someone purchase the license and the games from Atari, clean them up, and put them back on sale again.

I actually have a Steam copy of Riddick, but when I play through again I will use the GOG copy.
Guess I'll be buying the GOG version then. How is the loading on PC? Played the game on PS3 and the thing I found so annoying was how often you'd have to deal with loading while transitioning between areas. Didn't help that loading was so slow

_hekk05

Banned
Feel like getting a red or blue DS4 for my gaming needs. Which one should I get?

To be mentioned: I suck at picking colours because I am color deficient and I literally do not know what colour is more appealing.

TheSeks

Get whichever color you like better/speaks to you in a "GET ME! GET ME!" way?

TheSeks

As I said, I have no experience in picking colours. Most of the time I see colours different from you guys.

Which is why I say pick whichever you want/is more appealing to you. Who cares about what we think? That Dual-Shock 4 is yours.

Monooboe

So how the hell does everyone sort their steam games? I've come over 500 games and I try to sort them into categories but it still feels cluttered.

_hekk05

Banned
Which is why I say pick whichever you want/is more appealing to you. Who cares about what we think? That Dual-Shock 4 is yours.

I LITERALLY CANNOT THINK ABOUT COLOURS BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER DONE SO! BECAUSE I WAS BORN UNABLE TO APPRECIATE COLOURS.

So I am asking for help in my time of need. Raise the Gaf signal. Seriously though, red or blue.

Goli

So how the hell does everyone sort their steam games? I've come over 500 games and I try to sort them into categories but it still feels cluttered.

There´s a Windows program that lets you sort out your games really quickly, but I can´t remember the name.
The silly thing is categories don't seem to carry over between computers though ):.

TheSeks

If that's the case: Black. Screw Red or Blue. Go with Black, it's sexy and goes with anything.

inm8num2

Doesn't help when the sorting process is one game at a time, without some kind of dedicated sorting page where you can click multiple games at once at assign a category.

I LITERALLY CANNOT THINK ABOUT COLOURS BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER DONE SO! BECAUSE I WAS BORN UNABLE TO APPRECIATE COLOURS.

So I am asking for help in my time of need. Raise the Gaf signal. Seriously though, red or blue.

Get red. It's the superior TF2 team.

I have a gold DS3

Dynoro

Most go into genre categories, but I keep the "Games" category for new games that I buy (so I don't lose track too much) as all games that are bought go there by default. Also I use the "Installed" view for 'games I am playing or want to play soon'.

Eurogamer says that Riddick needs a really high-end PC to run well. Is it that poorly optimized? Or has it been improved?

Personally, I've been a champion for PC gaming as a means of getting measurably superior visuals at much smoother frame-rates, but to do so with Riddick appears to require a monstrous GPU. It's disappointing that a GBP 100 graphics card is being bested so easily by a complete console system that costs just GBP 30 more. Yes, performance radically improved when we bunged in the GBP 400 NVIDIA GTX295, but bearing in mind Riddick's console origins, we shouldn't need to be over-engineering on the PC that much. Basically, it's high-end or bust here.

Arthea

There are 2 categories absolutely essential: multi and nope, you don't want to mix these with other games. All else is matter of preference, by genres, by level on unfinishness, by level of desire to play and so on.

Do+It.gif

You wont regret it.

I kind of did but it mostly because I thought from the beginning that
the whole story was gonna be played straight so the whole spooky house thing went over my head. If it really was a haunted house type game I figured it'd be spoken of as such. If the payoff was discovering that you were wrong about something being up well, I didn't get anything for my time.

rtcn63

Eurogamer says that Riddick needs a really high-end PC to run well. Is it that poorly optimized? Or has it been improved?

It's a bad port. I have an OC'd GTX 670, and attempting to up the AA or certain other settings past the lower options means slideshow. And the game really needs high AA. The graphics overall look barely acceptable.

Repost

I was giving this key but it seems it was not taken. If it was, don't kill me

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Assylum -- MB-9EC446BA384F17B8 - Taken by Aaron-Lagann. 9 entrants total.

t1388245535z1.png

maty

I know I'm late but I just woke up. What's wrong with the community? World of Goo? COME ON... :/

Good morning everyone btw.

Okay, so was thinking to have this little giveaway competition rolling.
First, sorry for the wall of text.

Game: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Contestants: 9 + me
Prices: Top 3 picks between the games below (all Steam gifts/keys)

Anomaly
Zeno Clash 2
Company of Heroes 2 Pre-Order
Joe Danger Bundle
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Torchlight 2
Natural Selection 2
Civ 5 Base
Rising Storm Deluxe
Surgeon Sim 2013
Tropico 4 Collectors
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Saints Row The Third
Dirt Showdown
Stardrive
Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack
Skulls of the Shogun
Guacamelee Gold Edition + Mutant Blobs Attack
Mercenary Kings
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Full Mojo Rampage
Rayman Origins
Euro Truck Sim 2
Doorkickers
Foul Play
Baldur's Gate
Forced
Train Simulator 2014 - Steam Edition
State of Decay
How to Survive
Final Fantasy VIII
Trials Evolution Gold Edition
Urban Trial Freestyle
Skullgirls
Van Helsing Complete Pack
Starbound
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Brink Complete Pack
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
Morrowind
Dungeonland
Thomas Was Alone
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami
English Country Tune
Intrusion 2
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling
Cortex Command
Speedrunners

If I get into top 3, only 2 winners will get to pick their games, so keep your aim at me.
#1 gets the first pick, and so on.
We'll play 2 or 3 worlds (maybe more?), 4 maps each, we'll have a vote how many worlds and also which worlds we will play.
I'll try to set up a date and time that suits us all when we've filled the slots.
PM me to enter the contest.

Contestants:

#1: DunderHassan
#2: DR3AM
#3: GK86
#4: Stop It
#5: Kipp
#6: Colin.
#7: Archaix
#8: Camel Master
#9: Hakkuei
#10: Cheddahz

I liked 1 and 2 and plan on playing Brotherhood and Revelations. Where would you rank it in the series?

AC2: Brotherhood - AC2 - AC2: Revelations- ACIII - AC1

Brotherhood was just *crazy* fun, even if the narrative wasn't as good as straight up AC2. Revelations feels a bit rote and tired after Brotherhood and is kind of skippable. AC3 isn't a horrible game, but it's pretty mediocre. And coming so fast on the heels of the AC2 expansions made it feel very tired. And yeah, it takes FOREEEEEEVER to get going. And I never liked AC1; to me it felt like a fantastic game engine that they forgot to put a game into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom