• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
is Steam cloud not syncing saves for anyone else? I'm about to go out of town for the weekend so installed a few games on my macbook that are steam play and steam cloud compatible yet my saves from PC don't show up :-/

I don't think Mac to Windows or Windows to Mac saving works for every game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Cheap Giana Sisters, nice. And they have cards? Bought.

I have the first one on GOG but just wanted to buy the Owlverlord (And Wargame: European Escalation). The bloody system messed up the transaction, and now they're in my library, but cannot be installed as it is still "processing". First time I've had an issue like this on Steam, I wonder how it'll shake out.

Bit scared to try to buy anything else for now in case something has gone completely awry.

This is my first steam sale, I bought Guacamelee Gold Edition, Skyrim Complete, Hotline Miami, (Free) Left 4 Dead 2 and just a few seconds ago Magicka. I have very little knowledge of Magicka, so I'm excited to find out if it was a good purchase or not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why aren't the Riddick games on Steam?

Two explanations comes to mind:

- Atari yanked Riddick (and Ghostbusters) itself, or
- Atari's publishing contract as it related to Steam expired, but the company received permission to sell off the Steam keys it had already generated (Riddick is still available on GameStop, however Ghostbusters never got restocked)

Grief.exe

Why aren't the Riddick games on Steam?

Its almost for the better, those games are completely riddled with DRM.

I'd like to see someone purchase the license and the games from Atari, clean them up, and put them back on sale again.

I actually have a Steam copy of Riddick, but when I play through again I will use the GOG copy.

So, I have $1.64 left in Steam credit, is there anything going right now that I can get? I'm not interested in World of Goo, is there literally anything else I can get?

Anteater

bah, hate this brown looking castle in alice madness returns, it was so colorful just a few moments ago, now it's like gears of war 1 :<

You know what, fuck foils. Fuck foils in their fucking ass. I've gotten exactly 1 foil to drop and that was was back early in the card beta. Nothing since then. So many games idled. So many drops from helping people buy games on the US store. Nothing. Just nothing. Steam hates me.

Arthea

Giana Sisters...IS THIS GAME WORTH IT ?

Coming from someone not into platformers of any kind, I liked it on PS3 enough to rebuy on steam. Now if I could have bought time to play them too!
It's charming, colourful, has interesting mechanics of switching between worlds, for that price? Very much worth

_hekk05

Banned
You know what, fuck foils. Fuck foils in their fucking ass. I've gotten exactly 1 foil to drop and that was was back early in the card beta. Nothing since then. So many games idled. So many drops from helping people buy games on the US store. Nothing. Just nothing. Steam hates me.

This sale alone I got 1 booster pack and 1 foil.

You need to boost your karma by hosting a giveaway on Gaf

redfirm

Banned
Coming from someone not into platformers of any kind, I liked it on PS3 enough to rebuy on steam. Now if I could have bought time to play them too!
It's charming, colourful, has interesting mechanics of switching between worlds, for that price? Very much worth

BOUGHT BUNDLE PACK!!!!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
is dirt 3 worth it? last colin mcrae i played was part two on the ps1 if i remember correctly.

Never played it but Dirt 2 is great so far from what I'm playing but the thing is you do all these other racing events rather than actual rally and I hear Dirt 3 improves on dat so it already sounds a wayyy better game.

tmespe

I am giving away one of the hottest new games that everyone is talking about. Enter this raffle for a chance to win a life altering experience!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Secret of the magic crystals -- MB-D5323967A9C18BD9 - Taken by Aaron-Lagann. 11 entrants total.

t1388241080z1.png

Dynoro

I apologise if I've missed this from yesterday but did people see the sales lists for day 11 and 12?

Day 11

Today's Daily Deals include:
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Day 12

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Slyjss

Deadly Premonition is 7.5 € on GOG compared to the 10 € of the Steam version (in case it hits 60 % on a Daily/Flash, 12.5 right now), but I want everything on Steam. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PLACES TO CHOOSE FROM?

_hekk05

Banned
You might end up wishing you bought bad rats instead (><)
it might be a good game for very little kids though, depends on a kid, of course

Then its one more for the library then.

You guys convinced me on Giana Sisters. 2.69 usd is pretty cheap

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
friend of mine wants me to sell him on DMC4, does someone have that dodge, dodge, throw lance gif around? :)

Arkanius

Guys
I can't play Don't Starve.
I absolutely suck at this game.

Tips for the first few days? I've tried cutting down trees and making a better fire, and planting trees and trying to make an home base, but I'm really struggling with food

Where should I settle?

Link Man

Banned
I apologise if I've missed this from yesterday but did people see the sales lists for day 11 and 12?

Day 11

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Day 12

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

If this is accurate...

Well, at least there's always hope with the Flash Sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

<snip>

Yeah, they've been posted quite a few times now. 75% off GTA4 should mean that I'll be able to pick up the German version of GTA:SA for 2.49 Eurobucks, so I'm looking forward to that.

Arthea

As we have some time to kill, I'm giving you Bad
Bots
. This game is not Bad Rats.
With this I assure you that it's not rat bots, it's just bad bots.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Bots -- MB-D2152D1E2AEA19B3 - Taken by nexen. 8 entrants total.

t1388251610z1.png

Yeah, they've been posted quite a few times now. 75% off GTA4 should mean that I'll be able to pick up the German version of GTA:SA for 2.49 Eurobucks, so I'm looking forward to that.

Haha wat, why would you want that?
Are you collecting games from every region now too?

Dynoro

Should have figured as much, looks like a cheap couple of days coming up then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom