• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
Jack Keane 2 is $5 on GMG when using the discount code if anyone's interested.

Also I'm in need of the following cards to complete my badge:
Snow Globe #1
Snow Globe #8

I have the following spares:
1 SG #2
1 SG #4
2 SG #6
1 SG #7
3 SG #9
1 SG #10

Anyone care to help out please?

I got a spare #8 if you still need it. Going to add you on Steam now.

Jack Keane 2 is $5 on GMG when using the discount code if anyone's interested.

Also I'm in need of the following cards to complete my badge:
Snow Globe #1
Snow Globe #8

I have the following spares:
1 SG #2
1 SG #4
2 SG #6
1 SG #7
3 SG #9
1 SG #10

Anyone care to help out please?

I got 3 #8's and not a clue nor desire to mess around with cards, globes etc. so I'd be happy to give it to you, just tell me what I need to do.

c0Zm1c

I voted for SNOW because it shows a lot of promise and I really hope it has a bright future (the PC needs a decent skiing/snowboarding game), but it's in an extremely unfinished state at the moment.

Zeliard

Just added you on Steam, I think. I've only made it to world 2, but sounds like it could be useful for rolling past the fish pokers. :lol

I never used roll much at all in the first two worlds. The fish poker guys I mostly just speared or downward stabbed. The green ones don't move so they're easy to kill with anything, the blue ones like to jump over your spear but you can spear them on their downward trajectory, and the red sliding guys can be downward stabbed pretty effectively (and occasionally speared if you're lined up right).

Also, boss of world 2 can be kind of an asshole, though like everyone else he has a pattern you can suss out. It's just an annoying one. The world 3 boss is like 10x easier. :p

Also if you're having a really tough time, hunt around the levels for Mjolnir's power. Seeeecrets.

Grief.exe

I voted for SNOW because it shows a lot of promise and I really hope it has a bright future (the PC needs a decent skiing/snowboarding game), but it's in an extremely unfinished state at the moment.

I also voted for Snow, been watching the game for a long time and I would like to play it with some friends.

Grief.exe

Snow Globes

I have an extra #1 and #2, need 3, 7, and 8

EDIT: Got #8 from Arthea. Still have an extra 2 and looking for 3 and 7.

Voted for Snow because I have no idea what it is while I know the other 2 and I don't want them.

I would be surprised if Snow wins, doesn't have a low enough discount.

I was gifted vanilla BL2. Am I out of luck upgrading to the GOTY?

I was waiting to pick it up, and anyone I would play it with already has all the DLC (except the gift giver) so I feel sort of forced into getting the season pass + everything else individually now.

I really shouldn't have activated it either.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this.
giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-2ACF13DA50976BE7 - Taken by Spirited
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-EB8413023FDBDA15
Medal of Honor -- MB-0A5ED6478CCA4F9B - Taken by Jenenser
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-C03D4FC185ADD058
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-09266F17C58DF62F
Mirrors Edge -- MB-76A9524B2A755BCD

t1388114580z1.png

I thought Modbot would strike taken keys automatically. Anyway, first ask, first takes.

It seems I just bought my first Capsule (whatever that is) game. After seeing the first Brothers in Arms game redeems on steam, I bought Hell's Highway (third game in the series), without looking if it redeems on steam. It didn't. Well not a big amount of money. Remains to be seen when I'll come around playing that game though or installing Capsule or whatever that is and whatever you do with it.

Pleased to be a participant of Dunder's Sonic competition! I'm not very good at the game even having played 20 hours of it, using keyboard at the moment but I'll try my best x_x

pahamrick

Anyone have any suggestions for some good RPG/Action RPG games on Steam that are currently $8 or less?

I've already got all the Fallout games, KoTOR games, ect.

Jawmuncher

Anyone have any suggestions for some good RPG/Action RPG games on Steam that are currently $8 or less?

I've already got all the Fallout games, KoTOR games, ect.

I'm assuming Jade Empire then which is probably the best Action RPG on steam.
So aside from that.................I got nothing.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Gaf, DMC or Castlevania LOS?
I've only played DMC3 and thought it was just okay... I do enjoy this style of air combo combat though -- like Bayonetta and others.

Well DmC doesn't play like DMC3 or Bayo so um yeaaah. Combat basically improved Heavenly Sword with ideas from DmC tbh.

pahamrick

RPG:
The Last Remnant. It´s $4.

For Action RPGs... I don´t know, sorry.
I've got TLR. It's always nice to see more people suggest it though!

You could try Ys games.
I've got the majority of the Ys games on PSP. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm assuming Jade Empire then which is probably the best Action RPG on steam.
So aside from that.................I got nothing.

Oh, wow. I've completely forgotten about Jade Empire. I'll keep an eye on the dailies / flash sales for the rest of the sale, but if nothing else that catches my eye pops up I'll probably grab this. Thanks for reminding me!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Snow looks fun. Someone better gift me that shit. :3
Have you played any of the SSX saga games? Those are fantastic and addicting snowboarding games.
Sad story about SSX for Ps3 and 360. We need a HD rerelease of the first 3.

FloatOn

Lords of Shadow is not worth your time.
Between DMC and DMC4, it mostly depends on what kind of combat do you like, DMC have a simplified version of DMC3/DMC4 combat.

DmC is next on my list but I'm playing Lords of Shadow right now and it's absolutely worth my time.

It's true that the first chapter is a bit on the boring side but every consecutive chapter adds a layer of gameplay. The light/shadow magic system is extremely interesting in how it not only augments your normal attacks but also the secondary weapons and relics.

The game is also stunning and has a very interesting story that pays homage to long time Castlevania fans in really neat ways.

tmespe

I've got TLR. It's always nice to see more people suggest it though!

I've got the majority of the Ys games on PSP. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh, wow. I've completely forgotten about Jade Empire. I'll keep an eye on the dailies / flash sales for the rest of the sale, but if nothing else that catches my eye pops up I'll probably grab this. Thanks for reminding me!
Path of exile? It's a Diablo type game and it's free.

joe2187

Banned
Repost for my giveaway

ModBot said:
SUPER COMBAT RAFFLE!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pL7MD.png

Skullgirls -- MB-4AC3C6D56A933DBB - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 140 entrants total.
Guacamelee -- MB-9DB0EF6AA46398D5 - Taken by Uga. 81 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-96563A370FF24117 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 91 entrants total.

t1388306509z1.png

tumblr_m34jcyKeNT1qfjm7k.gif

It seems I just bought my first Capsule (whatever that is) game. After seeing the first Brothers in Arms game redeems on steam, I bought Hell's Highway (third game in the series), without looking if it redeems on steam. It didn't. Well not a big amount of money. Remains to be seen when I'll come around playing that game though or installing Capsule or whatever that is and whatever you do with it.

Pleased to be a participant of Dunder's Sonic competition! I'm not very good at the game even having played 20 hours of it, using keyboard at the moment but I'll try my best x_x

Capsule is GMG's crap download client IIRC.

im surprised valve has not taken down the 2 leaked posts for the upcoming steam deals
http://store.steampowered.com/news for those wondering

snow will be a f2p game once it officially releases.

Innnnnterreesting! We don't have today's but Sundays and Mondays are there :O Putting them here in spoilers in case they go away XD

Day 11:
Today's Daily Deals include:
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off
Day 12: