• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

While Volgarr seems at first to be a pretty slow-paced game, there's actually a ton of animation cancels you can do to speed it up. For example, you can cancel a roll into a jump and subsequent double jump if timed right, you can cancel spear throws into rolls into jumps/attacks to cancel the recovery animation, and you can throw a spear, jump, and throw a spear to get a very quick double spear off. It's worth playing around with all of that, and tons of fun!

The double spear is really nice against the larger, less mobile enemies, just to finish them off more quickly. I'm trying to incorporate more roll cancels into my moves as well, it's definitely way fun (and can look pretty boss too). :)

And since you didn't mention using the shield at all, it's worth noting that a lot of the attacks in the game can be blocked if you have your shield up, which just means that you're facing the attacker and aren't actively attacking. For example, you can block the red mermen's sliding attack by holding down and then kill them after they bounce off of you.

Yeah that was an omission on my part though I do take advantage of it. In the second world where corrosivefrost is at, the shield can be quite useful against the clams as well.

Alex

So I was reading the 'Best Games of the Generation That No One Played' thread and saw a couple of awesome JRPGs from Sega.

These came out before they started their big push for the platform, but I would love to see both Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate on PC.

What can we do to get these two releases on PC? Who do we have to bother at Sega for all of these and Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc?

Valkyria is great although fairly mindless.

Resonance is just great, one of the best Tri-Ace games.

joe2187

Banned
Dark Souls Durante Edition... are they referring to NeoGAF's Durante? That is really cool if so. Great raffle btw, really hard to pick which game to enter for, since all of them are highly recommended.

No that's an image from Neogaf, I thought it was better.

So I was reading the 'Best Games of the Generation That No One Played' thread and saw a couple of awesome JRPGs from Sega.

These came out before they started their big push for the platform, but I would love to see both Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate on PC.

What can we do to get these two releases on PC? Who do we have to bother at Sega for all of these and Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc?

SEGA

Dont even bother, SEGA dont give a shit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
no (><)
There are NASCAR series in GT5 and it didn't make GT5 better.

I'll think about it.

Oh. Gotcha. Haha
Yeah, like I said, the NASCAR game is pretty arcadey/gamey rather than trying to be as simmy as possible, so it makes it a lot more fun rather than realistic. I could imagine playing a realistic NASCAR, like I'd imagine GT5's is, would be pretty boring.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I like you bro

ROF could even work as Point and click.

If Sega had a high ranking person who is easily accessible through social media like twitter we would just start spamming him.
Worked out with Sony.

If we every decide to I'm down with anything.

Once I become SEGA's president You have my word that these games will receive a PC port.

For some reason Enhanced Steam makes the market French

inRdMKh4q20rj.png

Note to self: Don't spent your steam market funds on Dota 2.

mannerbot

Yeah that was an omission on my part though I do take advantage of it. In the second world where corrosivefrost is at, the shield can be quite useful against the clams as well.

Yep, the crab tank guys' shots can be blocked too, though they're easy enough to dodge with jumps.

StAidan

Hey folks, I'm giving away a game that I've been really thrilled to play over my Christmas vacation. It's called Hammerwatch, and it's basically a better Gauntlet than Gauntlet. Hope someone enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hammerwatch -- MB-1E0CD58690C8126D - Taken by Teppic. 30 entrants total.

t1388252285z1.png

General question on Steam. For games that support cloud saves. If I play game X on 1 computer, save it and quit it. Then go to computer 2, how long does it take for that save to be accessible on the other computer?

Tucah

you speak so well

It seems unlikely that they'll bother with either but I'd totally double dip on both on PC. Great games, Valkyria especially and it's a shame the franchise never took off in NA.

mannerbot

Fingers crossed for Cook, Serve, Delicious to show up in the next batch of flash sales.

Already been a flash, might show up again in this sale but probably not as a flash.

Yeah, I'd be interested in ALL of those. SEGA PLZ do what nintendon't!

Eternia

Crusher - Crushed 25 robots in doors.

Apparently only available in the Christmas level although I'm having some time figuring out just HOW to do this.

Yeah, as far as I can tell.
The only robots I could lure into doors were the little ones found inside presents. It felt like I did more than 25 after dying many times but I have no idea if it's only through a single match or if it tracks all your kills. It gets really annoying as you get deeper so I gave up. My game also crashed sometime during my run which could have affected the tracking.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sonic Racing Transformed proves this is not true

Eh. It's simply a competent PC port. It doesn't really have any graphical features added for PC and the FPS is capped at 60. But it does run incredibly well on even pretty old PCs.
Basically I'm just bitter that I can't experience SASRT in 144fps.

joe2187

Banned
Sonic Racing Transformed proves this is not true

That has really to do with Sumo being an awesome developer than SEGA really. SEGA couldn't be bothered to release Anarchy reigns in the west even though it was already localized, they wont even bother to cater to their western fan base by localizing VC3 at all.

They said no to a sequel to Bayo 2.

If you can say no to more Bayo, you are dead to me.

Colin.

Once I have enough for another full globe set, I think I will sell it off. Since the higher level badges don't look all that great, and the chance of another common worthless item isn't too enticing to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eh. It's simply a competent PC port. It doesn't really have any graphical features added for PC and the FPS is capped at 60. But it does run incredibly well on even pretty old PCs.
Basically I'm just bitter that I can't experience SASRT in 144fps.

it also has exclusive DLC

Garcia

Heads up for anyone who's waiting for Naruto UNS3 to go on sale

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...=UkYWhwoydhEAAKgW0JgAAACD&rests=1388251359798

Namco store has it for 20 bucks, you get a Steam key

Edit: Beaten by Hrim Geaper

Thanks a lot for reminding of Pacman DX! (It's part of that game rooster in your link). I had completely forgotten about that one and I'm so buying it.

Any chances for it to show up as a Steam flash sale? Has it been featured?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Valkyria Chronicles is so goood. And I guess it would do well with a lot of steamgaffers. Brilliant strategy game.
Bloody hard, though.

Did I miss anything interesting the last 24 hours? :)
Gianna Sisters looks cool, buying it for that price. Glad I hold off at the HumbleBundle website.

Awesome giveaway joe2187, I must confess i'm quite excited about the Dark Souls one. I've seen the Durante Edition in action, and I must say my interest for the game has risen. :p
It's crazy how much detail is hidden, especially on armor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a bitch that Naruto deal is only for NA and Canada >_<

The only robots I could lure into doors were the little ones found inside presents. It felt like I did more than 25 after dying many times but I have no idea if it's only through a single match or if it tracks all your kills. It gets really annoying as you get deeper so I gave up. My game also crashed sometime during my run which could have affected the tracking.
Hmm, okay I'll give that a shot.

I just beat the Christmas level, it becomes a bit easy if can "capture" a Level 5 droid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom