• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much have to. It really bothers my eyes, even more after I had lasik. I don't know if that's supposed to make sense or not, given that it's supposed to make my vision stronger, but that's what happened.

While I haven't had lasik, the effect itsefls bothers me a lot. I think only TF2 has the only blur I didn't remove.

Ptaaty

Regarding Lords of Shadow...I am a fan of all these style games, having played GOWs, DMCs, NGs, etc.

Its biggest cons are also its strengths...the length and variety.
1. It is almost too long, mainly because the first few chapters are a chore. Until you get to about chap IV, its pretty sloggy.
2. While I really enjoyed the varied enemies and different techniques, I didn't like the large variety of puzzles...

Overall I really have enjoyed playing the game. It is a different take than most of this style games in that there are less enemies with more challenge each. I have about 25 hours in in the past few days, given my backlock, that's a pretty good endorsement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there have been a few Hammerwatch giveaways lately, did I miss some new bundle with it in it or something?

Grief.exe

About 10 minutes left to get Dark Souls at $6. Does it have steam achievements/cards?

Neither, but we can all dream.

iKbNPlROGdQqg.png

- J - D -

No and no.

Neither, Dark Souls is as barebones as barebones can get. Thus the initial outcry and why Durante's patch is held with such reverence.

it is a GFWL game with all the troubles and limitations that comes from that service, achievements included.

It has awesomeness... that should be enough.

Neither, but we can all dream.

iKbNPlROGdQqg.png

Oh well, bought it anyway. Needed to see what the fuss was all about. Thanks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jack Keane 2 is $5 on GMG when using the discount code if anyone's interested.

Also I'm in need of the following cards to complete my badge:
Snow Globe #1
Snow Globe #8

I have the following spares:
1 SG #2
1 SG #4
2 SG #6
1 SG #7
3 SG #9
1 SG #10

Anyone care to help out please?

If you still need 8, I can give you it. Just give me your Steam ID.

Hubb

Only confirmed for PS3/360 right now.

Also anyone buying Naruto you should know that online netcode is broken as shit(transmission error) and still not patched.

Sounds like 2 reasons to hold off buying. If/when they release the "complete" game for PC I'll pick it up, but not now.

DukeBobby

Its biggest cons are also its strengths...the length and variety.
1. It is almost too long, mainly because the first few chapters are a chore. Until you get to about chap IV, its pretty sloggy.

The last few chapters are a chore, too. The vampire section (chapters 5-8) is the only part of the game I actually liked.

Radio

Has anyone played Snow or have any idea how long until it's ready for F2P? Like, does it seem close? Or are we still talking several months of development.

I'm quite tempted to pay the $7.50.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What? No it isn't. It's one of the easiest SRPGS I've ever played.
It's been a while but in my experience it was a whole lot tougher then a game like Arc The Lad or FFT.
Maybe I just got deoriented by the turn-based/real-time stuff. But I found it really challenging. Those tanks, ugh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Decided on skipping Gone Home... sorry devs, get back to me once you put it up 75% off again

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Has anyone played Snow or have any idea how long until it's ready for F2P? Like, does it seem close? Or are we still talking several months of development.

I'm quite tempted to pay the $7.50.

I believe game has no snow effects, no audio and the animations still have to work on some of them. I think maybe 3-6 months maybe.

Jebusman

Banned
It's been a while but in my experience it was a whole lot tougher then a game like Arc The Lad or FFT.
Maybe I just got deoriented by the turn-based/real-time stuff. But I found it really challenging. Those tanks, ugh.

Protip to winning 90% of the scenarios in Valk.

Defense boost order. Attack boost order. Put both on Shocktropper. Proceed to run by tanks, and just attack radiator and decimate it.

Also, come onnnnnnn more fighting games in the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom