• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1372799606374.gif

Still over 4 hours left to enter my Dark Souls giveaway.

Is this how dark souls looks with blur on? I always remove that shitty effect from my games.

General question on Steam. For games that support cloud saves. If I play game X on 1 computer, save it and quit it. Then go to computer 2, how long does it take for that save to be accessible on the other computer?
It largely depends on your own upload speeds and how big the actual save files are. When you close out of a game that has Steam Cloud, the game in your library will start saying "Syncing" (or something like that) with a progress bar. As soon as this message goes away, your saves have been uploaded to Steam's servers and will be available on any computer.

Some save files are really small (like 50KB) and will take seconds, but others have crazy large save files that are 30+MB and can take a while to upload if your internet is slow.

komorebi

Still my favorite game of the generation. Started a new game this morning on PC and my only complaint is the piss poor matchmaking that plagues this version (even with ports forwarded). PC version Souls is basically Dark Souls: Prepare to Solo 6th Playthrough Beast Mode Edition Edition.

Garcia

Still my favorite game of the generation. Started a new game this morning on PC and my only complaint is the piss poor matchmaking that plagues this version (even with ports forwarded). PC version Souls is basically Dark Souls: Prepare to Solo 6th Playthrough Beast Mode Edition Edition.

I was wondering if GFWL was to blame for the poor matchmaking or if it was the game just being like that.

Derrick01

Banned
Is this how dark souls looks with blur on? I always remove that shitty effect from my games.

I pretty much have to. It really bothers my eyes, even more after I had lasik. I don't know if that's supposed to make sense or not, given that it's supposed to make my vision stronger, but that's what happened.

Teppic

Hey folks, I'm giving away a game that I've been really thrilled to play over my Christmas vacation. It's called Hammerwatch, and it's basically a better Gauntlet than Gauntlet. Hope someone enjoys it!
I won! Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out.

Alex

Valkyria Chronicles is so goood. And I guess it would do well with a lot of steamgaffers. Brilliant strategy game.
Bloody hard, though.

Throw more scouts at whatever is ailing you. Valkyria is fun but it's quite... well, dumb. I was pretty shocked to see nothing was fixed in Valkyria II in this regard as well.

tylergregg

Neo Member
Voted for Snow because it reminds me of SSX, even though the devs said it's not like SSX.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like SSX and don't understand why there were never PC ports.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finished Bleed on normal. It's a nice little Contra like game. Getting tops marks is going to be a beeetccch though. It's deceptively difficult.

DukeBobby

I pretty much have to. It really bothers my eyes, even more after I had lasik. I don't know if that's supposed to make sense or not, given that it's supposed to make my vision stronger, but that's what happened.

Motion blur in Alpha Protocol is probably the worst I've ever seen. I turned that shit off immediately.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I didn't buy Risk of Rain during the flash deal but I might grab two copies when it's a daily so I can play it co-op with my brother.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thanks a lot for reminding of Pacman DX! (It's part of that game rooster in your link). I had completely forgotten about that one and I'm so buying it.

Any chances for it to show up as a Steam flash sale? Has it been featured?
The bad news: you missed the flash sale.

The "good" news: The discount never changed during the flash sale. It was 33% off the entire time. So it doesn't matter that you missed it.

The worst news: You missed what was probably the best price for it: $5 on Amazon.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I voted Pool Nation, was actually gonna buy that if it won.

Voting the one that's gonna be free on release, smh.

Eternia

Hmm, okay I'll give that a shot.

I just beat the Christmas level, it becomes a bit easy if can "capture" a Level 5 droid.
Yeah, a higher level droid is nice but once the little ones start to get flamethrowers and double shots make it a bit more difficult, to the point that they just sit there firing across the room instead of following me. Hopefully these are actually the robots you need to kill since they give no indication (that I could find) of you making any progress.

komorebi

I was wondering if GFWL was to blame for the poor matchmaking or if it was the game just being like that.

Probably both. There's a list of ports you can open for GFWL and while it does help, most summons tend to fail. Maybe if everyone forwarded the same ports it would be better, I don't know. Its just frustrating when you really NEED bros for certain boss fights.

Lime

So I was reading the 'Best Games of the Generation That No One Played' thread and saw a couple of awesome JRPGs from Sega.

These came out before they started their big push for the platform, but I would love to see both Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate on PC.

What can we do to get these two releases on PC? Who do we have to bother at Sega for all of these and Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc?

I'd kill for PC ports of those two games. They are perhaps my favourite JRPGs from this console generation and right now I am waiting patiently for a proper PS3 emulator to make it possible to play them in 4K resolution or something along those lines.

Dec

It says Risk of Rain is on day 11 and I think the current deals are day 9 right?.

Only day 11 and 12 were leaked so we actually don't know what todays deals are.

Here is the news link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom