• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirran

This is Namco we're talking about. We probably won't even get a PC port this time around. They haven't even given Full Burst a discount this time around. Not even a measly 25% off at that. :(

Namco is actually running a 50% off sale on their site that includes steam keys. Naruto is one of the games.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/ThemeID.24355600/categoryID.66701200/parentCategoryID.55938100?resid=Ur8T-goydhEAAKgWOOIAAACC&rests=1388254077950

I didn't really care for Evoland.

It's way more interested in pointing at all of the things it's referencing and saying "GET IT?! LIKE ZELDA!" than actually crafting a good game. It can be cute at times, but more often than not it just ends up dredging up issues with the genre's it's calling back to. It's parlor tricks are interesting at points, but it's a bummer that the game didn't come together into something fun to play.

Tesseract

Banned
i knew i should have gotten injustice on Amazon when it $19.99

Steam has matched Amazon or done better with the games I was looking for so I figured it would also be $20 on Steam eventually while netting me two cards.

this is what i get for being cheap and wanting cards

eh it'll be like $7 on gmg or some shit in a few months.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
erjtSNk.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Deadpool is fine if you are:

A) a Deadpool fan

B) a X-Men fan (the game is basically a X-Men story just with Deadpool in it)

purely as a game its mediocre tho. But, I enjoyed it because I fall into both A and B categories :p

Finally Brothers and Gunpoint, this is a good day in my books.

...But wait, why is my saved credit card information gone? Has anyone else had their card just randomly removed from their account?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So its like how I own everything on Netflix?
It isn't like Brothers requires any kind of mechanical mastery or is a technical showcase. You could easily experience everything it has to offer with a limited-time rental.

Omega

Banned
Hey, if a free to play snowboarding game for $7.49 can beat a $3 pool game that looks amazing there's no reason to lose hope in the community's greater ability to completely fuck up a vote.

Brb, voting Dive Kick

if you want to play pool, go to a pool hall. I don't drink, but I'm sure bars have some as well

Dec

I don't think Brothers will be my kind of game, but it's one of those things that if you watch too much of it on Youtube you spoil it anyways so I'm not sure.

I'd say my interest in it is $2 worth in the end so I'll pass.

PaulLFC

I already discussed this with you, but I ahve a feeling the price went back up due to the popularity of the game.

The developers are seeing the game crop up on many mainstream media GOTY lists and they raise the price to compensate. Both Humble and Steam store have raised the price since the Autumn sale.

If it was just one store it would not really be a likely theory, but both stores doing it at the same time casts some doubt.
You're probably right, but I was under the impression they weren't allowed to do this. Didn't that document that leaked the sale dates say publishers had to set one price that applied to both sales?

KiDdYoNe

My poor wallet.

Brothers, Dust, Gunpoint, Shelter and Evoland.... if RAGE was available in Russia (it is, but with full price), i'd buy all Flashes lol

Alex

Well you get to keep the PS+ games..

Until the PS+ runs out!

Still a great service though, no doubt about it, but for these digital games that are also on PC I mostly just like to pay the couple of bucks and get it on a platform that puts a big shine on it and where I don't have to worry about it vanishing into the ether since the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility and I don't hang onto hardware indefinitely.

I like it when PS+ throws console exclusive shit at me, most of all. Like when they give ya Virtue's Last Reward then you ebay the next day for 30 bucks, that's good stuff.

DasFool

Damn, I think the game with the most worth there is Torchlight 2. Easily worth twice its MSRP with how many hours I've put into it. $5 is a steal.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I like the idea of evoland but I found the controls kind of frustrating at times.

It's just boring and there's nothing interesting about it. You clear land so that your people can build on it and you collect favor in order to clear land and pick up relics that give favor. the better you move around land, and the more favor you have, the more unlocks you can get which means bigger houses or like a statue or something. That's it, the whole game. just keep doing that forever. I got to the big landmass and saw all the busy work with low reward and said fuck it.

I didn't really care for Evoland.

It's way more interested in pointing at all of the things it's referencing and saying "GET IT?! LIKE ZELDA!" than actually crafting a good game. It can be cute at times, but more often than not it just ends up dredging up issues with the genre's it's calling back to. It's parlor tricks are interesting at points, but it's a bummer that the game didn't come together into something fun to play.

Thank you guys for the posts. Saving my money then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom