• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

C'mon, it's not that hard once you kill the dogs. :lol

Once you take the dogs off, yeah, but taking the dogs off while he was trying to kick my ass just wasn't easy for me, especially with how small the room was I'd always manage to get stuck somewhere while trying to dodge hits.

Dezzy

Brothers looks nice, but I'm definitely not coordinated enough to control two separate characters using both thumbsticks.

Honey Bunny

Sim City 4, yes or no?

ibrHwDzNTvRhqo.jpg

Yeah, a higher level droid is nice but once the little ones start to get flamethrowers and double shots make it a bit more difficult, to the point that they just sit there firing across the room instead of following me. Hopefully these are actually the robots you need to kill since they give no indication (that I could find) of you making any progress.
Confirmed. I just got it, thanks for the tip.

Nzyme32

It isn't like Brothers requires any kind of mechanical mastery or is a technical showcase. You could easily experience everything it has to offer with a limited-time rental.

That's a fair point, but at a price of £3, I think its good enough to purchase and be able to return to it in a few years to experience again at my leisure as opposed to paying a subscription fee to rent other games when that is something I rarely need to do

denx

Bought Brothers for me and Sim City 4 for a cousin. Also voted for Injustice because KOF 13 already was an entire day on sale.

This been a good day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Originally Posted by Gvaz

I like the idea of evoland but I found the controls kind of frustrating at times.

It's just boring and there's nothing interesting about it. You clear land so that your people can build on it and you collect favor in order to clear land and pick up relics that give favor. the better you move around land, and the more favor you have, the more unlocks you can get which means bigger houses or like a statue or something. That's it, the whole game. just keep doing that forever. I got to the big landmass and saw all the busy work with low reward and said fuck it."

This sounds like Godus not Evoland o_O

vg260

Bought Brothers for me and Sim City 4 for a cousin. Also voted for Injustice because KOF 13 already was an entire day on sale.

This been a good day.

If the leaked lists are true, Injustice is going to be a daily at $25 in the next day or two.

bonesquad

Brothers! But after all this time I think I'm 'one of those people' and will wait for Brothers on PSN+. I'm not really a game collector, I just want to play it... I may get Dust instead. Hmm.

Gunpoint is fantastic. One of my favorite games this year. I love the mechanics and the cool little touches that aren't really necessary but help make the game even more enjoyable. Sure it's short, but that hasn't stopped people from putting games like Gone Home on their GOTY lists. And Gunpoint is way longer than that:)

Colin.

I didn't really care for Evoland.

It's way more interested in pointing at all of the things it's referencing and saying "GET IT?! LIKE ZELDA!" than actually crafting a good game. It can be cute at times, but more often than not it just ends up dredging up issues with the genre's it's calling back to. It's parlor tricks are interesting at points, but it's a bummer that the game didn't come together into something fun to play.

Thanks for the sum up. Was just about to ask about this very subject, as I heard previously it relies heavily on nostalgia, and I really didn't play RPG's as a kid. Shame that is the case, but oh well. Money saved.

Gvaz

Banned
"Originally Posted by Gvaz

I like the idea of evoland but I found the controls kind of frustrating at times.

It's just boring and there's nothing interesting about it. You clear land so that your people can build on it and you collect favor in order to clear land and pick up relics that give favor. the better you move around land, and the more favor you have, the more unlocks you can get which means bigger houses or like a statue or something. That's it, the whole game. just keep doing that forever. I got to the big landmass and saw all the busy work with low reward and said fuck it."

This sounds like Godus not Evoland o_O

it is about godus in the second paragraph, but about evoland in the first sentence.

Zeliard

Snow seems very cool but I'm not sure I can justify what amounts to paying for bits of DLC for a future F2P game I haven't tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom