• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swapper is amazing. If anyone wants an inventive, highly atmospheric puzzler with a gorgeous visual style and eerie soundscape, that is the game for you.

I'm trying to be vague about it because the less you know about it going in, the better. Don't read up on it, just buy it and play it. You won't regret it.

Cannot be seconded enough. It has a few pacing problems, but the game is a fantastic time and its ending is terrifyingly profound.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was shocked when I loaded up ME3 multiplayer and my controller did nothing. After logging in at least 100 hours in the MP on 360, I couldn't switch the kb/m. Downloaded a controller profiler and made a configuration for my DS4. Leagues better now.

DLC is still a joke.

neoemonk

Forget the controller support, the absolute inability to get a deal on the dlc in Mass Effect 2/3 is freaking infuriating. I sold my 360 but rebought the series for super cheap on pc, having never played any of the dlc in 3. I figured I'd do one last grand tour of the series from the start with all the add-ons, but to get everything set back up on ME2 is still 30-40 bucks. Super annoying.

Yeah this pisses me off. If they ever do go on sale on PC I'll buy all the DLC for ME3 but at this point I gave up checking so I probably wouldn't even notice.

The Swapper is amazing. If anyone wants an inventive, highly atmospheric puzzler with a gorgeous visual style and eerie soundscape, that is the game for you.

I'm trying to be vague about it because the less you know about it going in, the better. Don't read up on it, just buy it and play it. You won't regret it.

I just watched a little of the trailer and was immediately taken with it. I need a new game after finishing Brothers. I went into Brothers knowing very little about it, other than it's highly acclaimed, I could do with another surprise like that.

.....and bought! I swear, best thing I ever did this generation was to invest in a gaming PC. It really lit a fuse under my waning interest in games.

Chunky

Yo gaf, what's the word on Beatbuddy? Anyone play it? Looking for rhythm/music games and it seems pretty sweet. Already played Sequence and I need more.

Also, Valve doesn't have a bloody Rhythm/Music genre on the store? WTF!

tumblr_msktbzWiCX1sp7ha5o1_500.gif

Add me GAF! I needs me more feed activity.

Can't make promises on activity, but I'll do my best. Added!

Lingitiz

How long is it?

Took me about 8 hours. I got really stumped on the last few puzzles.

But yeah, absolutely amazing puzzle game and one of the best sci fi games out there. Great atmosphere, art style, score, storytelling, pacing, and mechanics. It has very little fat and accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do. It's up there for my GOTY and I can't recommend it enough.

Lain

ValdisStory or Dust? I'm debating which one to get by sale's end just not sure which is better.

They are both great, though Valdis ended up on top on my GOTY list thanks to what I consider a somewhat more enjoyable art style overall (though I wish the characters weren't half SD sort off) and a combat system that feels way more challenging.
Dust is pretty great too and so far it's cheaper to boot.
I'd toss a coin to decide.

Tesseract

Banned

eerie soundscape you say, sold.

How do I trade steam games? I have a couple of unused WB keys from Humble Bundle: Mortal Kombat Kollection, guardians of middle earth+smaugs dlc, lotr online: steely dawn pack, batman: arkam origins dlc

Forget the controller support, the absolute inability to get a deal on the dlc in Mass Effect 2/3 is freaking infuriating. I sold my 360 but rebought the series for super cheap on pc, having never played any of the dlc in 3. I figured I'd do one last grand tour of the series from the start with all the add-ons, but to get everything set back up on ME2 is still 30-40 bucks. Super annoying.

Ouch glad I held off on the triple pack on amazon then.

Hey there, I've learnt a lot about setting up a competition.
Note to self, just decide on a time right away, makes everything much easier :)
Sorry guys for the hassle.

We're gonna race in about 40 mins (11 GMT).
Colin is out and can't get hold of two others and we really wanna do the race ASAP, so I'm gonna transfer them to the next competition if they can't make it and get in some other people.

So, I need new guys who wanna enter the Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (read more here)

One will replace Colin and I'm gonna need a few others on the reserve list.
First to PM gets the spot.

An-Det

I was shocked when I loaded up ME3 multiplayer and my controller did nothing. After logging in at least 100 hours in the MP on 360, I couldn't switch the kb/m. Downloaded a controller profiler and made a configuration for my DS4. Leagues better now.

DLC is still a joke.

Do you still have a link for that? I've been craving the multiplayer, but like you I couldn't get used to the kbm controls after playing so much on the 360.

I've got an extra Snow Globe #3, looking for #1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 10. Name is Gunstarheroes on Steam as well (someone should get me in on the Gaf group too, if possible!)

bigace33

Brothers a Tale of Two Sons is amazing. It just came out of nowhere and took over my GOTY list. Super short but what a great 4 hour ride it was. 9/10 stars

The_Monk

Hey there, I've learnt a lot about setting up a competition.
Note to self, just decide on a time right away, makes everything much easier :)
Sorry guys for the hassle.

We're gonna race in about 40 mins (11 GMT).
Colin is out and can't get hold of two others and we really wanna do the race ASAP, so I'm gonna transfer them to the next competition if they can't make it and get in some other people.

So, I need new guys who wanna enter the Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (read more here)

One will replace Colin and I'm gonna need a few others on the reserve list.
First to PM gets the spot.

This is really nice, it's a shame I'm just terrible at the game. Hope someone fills the place, if you want someone to be in the last place, let me know!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Man, you kill one shop keeper in Spelunky and they all lose their goddamn minds.

Yeah they do! If you manage to steal from one without the shopkeeper ending up injured (It's always your fault) they will leave you alone after a few levels. But if you kill one they stay pissed until the end of the game.

So far I only got Deadpool this sale (with the DLC) and I don't regret it. I may get Risk of Rain as well, but I'm afraid I'll never play it.

RS4-

I think the limited randomization of the levels is the big thing holding me back right now. I had been imagining something like Spelunky, where new levels are procedurally generated every time you play. Does it really start feeling monotonous after a few games?

It doesn't feel that bad, I just think that it sort of sucks that there isn't more environments; but I guess that doesn't really matter since the core of the game is still RNG with items (and to some extent boss & boss location) and skill.

Valdis is still #1 on my wish list :(

Jhoan

I can also use some more friends on Steam (made an account several months ago) since I only have 4 friends and would appreciate an invite to the GAF group.
Steam ID: heightsartist

I mostly game on the 360 since I don't have a gaming laptop (I have a crappy Toshiba Satellite L645-S4102) so I usually download 2D Indie games on Steam. I wonder if The Swapper will run on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom