• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never expected to enjoy Long Live the Queen, but I just did a quick playthrough (that seemed to take a whole 50 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I idled a bit) and it was a lot more fun than I expected. It seems to have a lot of surprising depth to it. Seems to have a lot of branching to its events and story, too. Like a more complex 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book.

Arthea

Right, I'm going to stop responding individually and just blanket add everyone that's putting up their friend requests. I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/QueueDues on Steam fyi.

And just because I know this thread going at ludicrous speed at the moment, I'll re-ask my question:

It's not really a rhythm game, Sequence for example is an RPG and rhythm mix. I can't remember titles of pure rhythm games on steam, but there are some.

I feel the Swapper is a child of Braid, wrapped up in a similarly good presentation. It doesn't have quite the same revelatory pay off at the end. If you like exploring sci fi worlds give it a go. I think it's an under appreciated game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is there any way I can buy a bigger hard drive through a Steam sale? Will there be hardware discounts if SteamOS takes hold?

Triggaaar

Neo Member
We doing this ? Okay. Add me then
:lol:

well if we're doing username friend shares!
It looks like we are.

I guess if we're all doing it.
Someone's opened the can.

I now have a laptop that can handle most steam games so expect more activity post-sale
We could do with 'Laptop friendly' being added to game notes. I'd generally choose to play on the PC, but I'm away with the laptop right now, so I should choose something to start.

Brothers a Tale of Two Sons is amazing. It just came out of nowhere and took over my GOTY list. Super short but what a great 4 hour ride it was. 9/10 stars

Really? Man, it's kinda looking like it's going to be my regret of the sale. I've only played through the intro, so maybe it'll win me over but things aren't looking great, I laughed at the intro sequence.
I don't understand how a grown woman who lives by the sea just drowns for no reason
, it just strikes me as a really base attempt at some kind of emotional manipulation. The character models are stylised, which is fine, but they're too simple and thus can't really emote. When you combine this with the made up language they're using in this game, you get a lot of ridiculous pantomiming. It's almost like a silent movie.

The use of two, independent characters at once isn't exactly something new, they had this back in the original Ape Escape to sort of show off what the Dualshock was capable of.

Like I said, maybe it'll win me over but right now I'd rather play Spelunky or FFVII.

Lingitiz

Really? Man, it's kinda looking like it's going to be my regret of the sale. I've only played through the intro, so maybe it'll win me over but things aren't looking great, I laughed at the intro sequence.
I don't understand how a grown woman who lives by the sea just drowns for no reason
, it just strikes me as a really base attempt at some kind of emotional manipulation. The character models are stylised, which is fine, but they're too simple and thus can't really emote. When you combine this with the made up language they're using in this game, you get a lot of ridiculous pantomiming. It's almost like a silent movie.

The use of two, independent characters at once isn't exactly something new, they had this back in the original Ape Escape to sort of show off what the Dualshock was capable of.

Like I said, maybe it'll win me over but right now I'd rather play Spelunky or FFVII.

The only reason I felt like that conceit even exists is to establish that the younger brother is afraid of swimming. It'll make sense at the end of the game.

Dambrosi

Banned
Its cheaper to buy New Vegas Ultimate Edition than to buy all the DLC ..... by about 40p.

DECISIONS :|
really? For me it's over £4 cheaper to buy UE than all the DLC. Still can't afford it, though. Here's hoping for all dem card moneys to roll in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom