• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Does anyone else have trouble inviting people to the GAF group on firefox? Every time I try it I get a javascript error. Works fine in chrome and in the client.

It's very spotty on Firefox. Sometimes it will add people np and sometimes it won't. Don't know what's going on with that.

Also holy shit, I had to spend like two hours getting everyone's GAF name after I posted my profile here. Dat invite flood.

MRORANGE

Are we doing this again? well okay, link to Steam profile is in my Neogaf profile.
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baconmonk

Has the US series been on a flash or daily yet? I haven't seen it, and planned to pick up one or two before the sale is over. It's my understanding I should play origins then 1&2 after right? I may only get one.

Vecks

i think im going to dive into the world of Dota 2, anything i should be ready for?

An amazing, addictive game full of depth, yet packed with a community that will hate your guts. Okay, it's sometimes not that bad. But, I'd certainly recommend playing with people you know, people who can also teach you how to play instead of constantly calling you names and being unhelpful.

Peachpies

there is a nice guide for modbot here

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-86063AAA453C4788 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 24 entrants total.

t1388366005z1.png

Garcia

i should really be playing brothers but i can't stop playing cook serve delicious

chubigans you baaaaastarrrrrddddddddd

I'm getting the same feeling but coming from 2 different games:

I should be playing Dark Souls but Don't Starve sucked my life away.

Derrick01

Banned
Had to get Prototype 2. I think I'm in a minority of people that loved the first game immensely.

I wouldn't say I loved the 1st game but I did enjoy it for the most part...MUCH more than crackdown and infamous 1 at the time. Eric Holmes knows how to make a fun open world action game.

derFeef

I wouldn't say I loved the 1st game but I did enjoy it for the most part...MUCH more than crackdown and infamous 1 at the time. Eric Holmes knows how to make a fun open world action game.

Crackdown 1 still is far superiour than any of those games. And anyone saying Saints Row 4 is better than Crackdown needs some medicince as well :p

hohoXD123

Had to get Prototype 2. I think I'm in a minority of people that loved the first game immensely.

I actually really enjoyed Prototype too tbh, though imo Prototype 2 was a step down, some potentially great plot points from the first game weren't really used, maybe it's being saved for a later game.

Crackdown 1 still is far superiour than any of those games. And anyone saying Saints Row 4 is better than Crackdown needs some medicince as well :p

I got crackdown when it was on games with gold a few months ago. I downloaded it, played about an hour and wound up uninstalling it from my HDD (needed room). Just couldn't get into it at all.

Card Boy

Banned
Since no one is checking the other thread. How do get rid of this Flower thing in Vampire the Masquerade while using ENB.

I got;

Unofficial Patch 8.8 Plus version
Custom resolution
Custom FOV
GothicSeraphim texture packs
Silent Masqu Mod
x4 Super Sampling
16 AF

I know its ENB thats doing it since it goes away once you delete it.

Ceebs

So The Incredible Adventures of Van Hellsing is pretty great so far. A steal for 6 bucks. The other two classes as DLC is kind of shitty though.

Miker

Since no one is checking the other thread. How do get rid of this Flower thing in Vampire the Masquerade while using ENB.

I got;

Unofficial Patch 8.8 Plus version
Custom resolution
Custom FOV
GothicSeraphim texture packs
Silent Masqu Mod
x4 Super Sampling
16 AF

I know its ENB thats doing it since it goes away once you delete it.

First of all, lol that's a fucking huge flower.

Second, is there nothing in an ENB-related .ini file? I haven't used it myself, but if it's anything like SweetFX and other stuff, it's probably a matter of changing a 1 to a 0 somewhere. Sorry if that's not too helpful.

Derrick01

Banned

There's really nothing to crackdown except orb hunting though. Everything else is so poorly handled that it resulted in a boring game. At least in prototype you get some of the crazy movements and skills that are in Crackdown but you get an open world game that's a bit better made overall.

Infamous 1 though is just a snoozefest. They thought they could sneak in a mediocre 3rd person shooter and hide it under "superpowers" and the most mundane climbing mechanic ever.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh boy. Just bought New Vegas. Anyone have a good guide to modding this thing to hell and back?
And any recommended mods would be nice, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reposting this since you guys are talking about Prototype:

looking at Prototype 2 deal reminded me of something I wanted to ask Gaf, if theres one place that should know is here. I tried playing Prototype 1 a few months ago and it ran like shit, especially this weird stutter that happened every few seconds, it wasnt dropped frames, its like the game froze for a milisec every few seconds.

Is that a known issue and if so, is there a known fix? My computer isnt amazing, but Im sure its more than enough to handle prototype if I run other shit at max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom