• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
There's really nothing to crackdown except orb hunting though. Everything else is so poorly handled that it resulted in a boring game. At least in prototype you get some of the crazy movements and skills that are in Crackdown but you get an open world game that's a bit better made overall.

Infamous 1 though is just a snoozefest. They thought they could sneak in a mediocre 3rd person shooter and hide it under "superpowers" and the most mundane climbing mechanic ever.

Now every time I see you I read your tag and not your post, heh.

derFeef

There's really nothing to crackdown except orb hunting though. Everything else is so poorly handled that it resulted in a boring game. At least in prototype you get some of the crazy movements and skills that are in Crackdown but you get an open world game that's a bit better made overall.

Infamous 1 though is just a snoozefest. They thought they could sneak in a mediocre 3rd person shooter and hide it under "superpowers" and the most mundane climbing mechanic ever.

In terms of content? sure. In terms of controls and surprise, nah. Nothing will beat Crackdown.

rtcn63

Reposting this since you guys are talking about Prototype:

looking at Prototype 2 deal reminded me of something I wanted to ask Gaf, if theres one place that should know is here. I tried playing Prototype 1 a few months ago and it ran like shit, especially this weird stutter that happened every few seconds, it wasnt dropped frames, its like the game froze for a milisec every few seconds.

Is that a known issue and if so, is there a known fix? My computer isnt amazing, but Im sure its more than enough to handle prototype if I run other shit at max

This maybe? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1996187

TheBear

I'm trying to understand booster packs.

I have "no card drops remaining" for the following games:
- Sonic Transformed
- Super Meat Boy
- Chivalry
- The Walking Dead
- FTL

From what I understand, I don't need to be playing these games to unlock booster packs, only logging into Steam, and a booster pack should unlock within 7 days. But I haven't played most of these games in months, so where are the booster packs?

From what I understand, I don't need to be playing these games to unlock booster packs, only logging into Steam, and a booster pack should unlock within 7 days. But I haven't played most of these games in months, so where are the booster packs?

It isn't within 7 days. You'll get a booster pack randomly and it may be as little as one a month (depending on your level and when Valve pushes a batch out).

Just hang tight and one day it'll appear.

Meanwhile Arma 3 wins... still very expensive though.

If you have been logged into Steam within the last seven days, you have a chance to get a booster pack for games you have already received all of your drops for as the Steam community crafts badges.

I tend to get one once every one to two weeks.

Yeah, Bioshock is as good as I was expecting. Great atmosphere and intriguing story, combat feels a bit weak at the moment, but I haven't progressed that far and haven't acquired much an arsenal yet

Artofwar420

Not trying to derail the thread, but thought I'd pop a quickie since maybe some people may have missed Don't Starve during its sale.

Edit: Done the trade. Thanks!

If you have been logged into Steam within the last seven days, you have a chance to get a booster pack for games you have already received all of your drops for as the Steam community crafts badges.

I tend to get one once every one to two weeks.

Since the availability of booster packs depends on users crafting badges, it varies. You're far more likely to receive one during a major sale, for instance.

I just played through Brothers in a single 4-5 hour sitting. The game is outstanding!

Gone Home's story did very little for me, but I really felt emotionally connected to this one. It does some powerful things with the mechanics alone, and dances around with subtle storytelling throughout. It also looks absolutely beautiful, and is a joy to play.

If you haven't picked it up yet, for whatever reason, do it. Save up card bucks, or whatever it takes.

So good.

So at least wargame didn't win. I have the previous game and I find it to be incredibly bland and slow. I guess I didn't really give it a good chance though. I was thinking about COH, but perhaps it was never meant to be.

chronomac

I'm interested in getting Bioshock Infinite but I don't see a good deal anywhere, at least right now. Is anyone interested in splitting this Triple Pack from Amazon? I guess I should ask if it's even splittable. I don't need the first two games.

So he bought don't starve during a price error during a sale in a 2 pack that is reduced price from being a package deal and he wants to trade for the correctly priced single pack sale price?

Am I getting this right, cause I was thinking about offering to trade since I felt for his situation.

edit:
Guess it doesn't matter since he made the trade already.

Decado

Hah! I'm still annoyed that Titan Quest won over Skulls of the Shogun. If the latter had won it would have been by far its cheapest price yet.

hohoXD123

So he bought don't starve during a price error during a sale in a 2 pack that is reduced price from being a package deal and he wants to trade for the correctly priced single pack sale price?

Am I getting this right, cause I was thinking about offering to trade since I felt for his situation.

Pretty much. Don't fall for it please >_<

what is the best cheapest sports game on steam? I like cricket, soccer, basket ball and above all tennis and golf. if there is a game which has all it is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom