• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
... oh fuck.

This changes. Everything.

Well, keep in mind, it only works on values above the minimum amount. Would be SUPER useful if it allowed you to add like $2, but alas it cannot. It does allow anything above $5, though. That is, up to and including any amount that, combined with your wallet total, doesn't add to over $500.00.

How? This would have been very useful, at least in helping me budget my $$ better

It's possible to spoof the javascript call that is sent when adding "Steam Wallet Funds" to your shopping cart. This allows you to inject any amount you want into that javascript function (as long as it's over $5)

I could see that being useful cause I got a gift card and made a food purchase that wasn't exactly 10 bucks so I told them to charge less and paid with some cash so I wouldn't end up with extra change on the card after I dump the rest on steam.

Arthea

Transformers on sale?
Maaan, I didn't believe these will go on sale this time, I should have saved some more money. Talk about irony.

MNC

Fucking Transformers. I've been waiting for ages and now it's 12,50. I guess I'll buy it and probably regret it later. It's gonna end up to be like Vampire Bloodlines.

Grief.exe

Oops I double penetrated

mTuFPfi.gif

Curious_George

Neo Member
So what's the deal with Legend of Dungeon?

Spent about forty minutes with it and wasn't that impressed. I liked the art style and the music, but it doesn't seem to have all that much depth and it soon started to feel pretty repetitive with most of the dungeons being variations of the same design. Probably one of my more disappointing purchases this sale.

Gazoinks

Dark Souls or Rain. AoE is just pure nostalgia, you're propably not gonna even launch it once :)

After all the positive things I've heard about Rain, I kinda regret not saving money for it. Like a good roguelike, but I remember hearing mixed things about it near release so it dropped off my radar.

So what's the deal with Legend of Dungeon?
Definitely worth it at that price

- Great pixel art and atmospheric lighting

- Well it seems like co-op game, it's foremost a single player game. I've brought this up on the forums and the devs have said it was made as solo game, with co op added after. As usual with these kinds of games, having friends along ruins the atmosphere

- Weird and crazy weapons and items, geek-friendly Easter eggs (I stumbled on one referencing a well known BBC show)

- Combat is more brawler-ish than anything else, but there is some depth (range, rudimentary stealth, etc.)

- Two expanisons are being worked on that will add new content as free updates

Lain

I woke up to the Transformers flash, so grabbed War. I'm guessing the DLC for Fall is useless if you don't want to play MP?

andtucholski

Neo Member
After all the positive things I've heard about Rain, I kinda regret not saving money for it. Like a good roguelike, but I remember hearing mixed things about it near release so it dropped off my radar.

From my personal experience I *always* hear mixed things about every single game I later tend to love and play for years:)

Tellaerin

Everyone voted for Another world, I hope

No, I voted for Wrack. >.> Another World's already on sale for 66% off, so the discount doesn't go up much if it wins, and I played it on the Amiga years ago. I'm interested in Wrack, it's a more expensive game that's only 40% off now, and it gets a much better discount if it wins the vote. (Though I'm not expecting it to. ; ; )

Kadin

So what is everyone else still holding out for with the last few days of the sale?

Personally, I've got well more than I thought I would but most of what I bought were the small inexpensive indie titles. Wasn't really looking for anything specific but found some great games in the end so I'm happy so far.

Definitely worth it at that price

- Great pixel art and atmospheric lighting

- Well it seems like co-op game, it's foremost a single player game. I've brought this up on the forums and the devs have said it was made as solo game, with co op added after. As usual with these kinds of games, having friends along ruins the atmosphere

- Weird and crazy weapons and items, geek-friendly Easter eggs (I stumbled on one referencing a well known BBC show)

- Combat is more brawler-ish than anything else, but there is some depth (range, rudimentary stealth, etc.)

- Two expanisons are being worked on that will add new content as free updates
Thanks for these impressions. Just picked it up. I'm sure I'll get $1.50 worth of enjoyment out of it.

Arthea

No, I voted for Wrack. >.> Another World's already on sale for 66% off, so the discount doesn't go up much if it wins, and I played it on the Amiga years ago. I'm interested in Wrack, it's a more expensive game that's only 40% off now, and it gets a much better discount if it wins the vote. (Though I'm not expecting it to. ; ; )
Isn't it a remake or enhanced version of an old game?
I was under impression it is.
Wrack doesn't seem that interesting to me and it's an early access game. Oh well, Duck tales will win anyway. ;)

Huh, didn't know I have games that I thought I didn't have.

That's charm of the steam library, you can find something you don't know you have almost every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom