• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

How are the M/KB controls for the Transformers games?

Didn't had any problems playing WoC.

KB/M controls on WoC work as intended. From what I understand FoC is a better PC port than WoC so I assume there isn't any problems with its controls either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Prey is a little different in that Zenimax assumed ownership of the IP back in 2009. 2K's publishing contract eventually expired and, since Bethesda is also a publisher, it wasn't renewed. Of course, this raises the question of why Bethesda is sitting on the original game. It's a similar situation to Quake Wars: Zenimax owns the game and it was developed by an independent studio, but despite this it hasn't returned to Steam since publishing rights reverted back to id back in 2011.

My favorite thing about Jasec's quest for steam supremacy is his encyclopedic knowledge of releases history :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there anybody in Germany who wouldn't mind helping me get my mittens on the German version of GTA:SA?

My favorite thing about Jasec's quest for steam supremacy is his encyclopedic knowledge of releases history :p

Left side of brain: Saoirse stuff
Right side of brain: Steam stuff

Gvaz

Banned
Is it necessary to do all the unlocks in Hitman: Sniper Challenge? Or does it just give you an early game advantage? I did all the challenges but 50m for the last unlock and the only way to get easily above 2m a scenario is by headshotting everyone, silent assassin, and all the challenges unlocked.

I'm about at 5m right now, so if I guess 2.5m each scenario, that's still at least 18 more times i'll have to do that.

Just when I thought I ran out of money the steam market keeps me going
pNOQuAp.png

Khronico

Good GOD this port of Agarest is garbage. Only two graphics settings (fullscreen/not fullscreen and resolution) and the framerate is UNPLAYABLE on my laptop. Horrible mouse lag and the framerate is hovering around the teens.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone want to trade my snow globe 2 5 6 or 8 for your 4 or 7? If I'm buying too many games I may as well get a badge out of it. I'm in SteamGAF chat.

oipic

Left side of brain: Saoirse stuff
Right side of brain: Steam stuff

Everyone has their place, and this makes perfect sense - SteamGAF is where Jase achieves perfect balance and harmony.

One NYE beer down. Edging ever closer to Transformers.

Tellaerin

Fall is a better single player game, and a much better Transformers game from a nostalgia standpoint. They differentiate the characters a lot more, with unique mechanics most times.

Also, the last level would be a contender for best level in a video game of the generation. It's that good (the last level that is, the game is fine)

I promised myself I'd limit myself to what I've got left in my wallet if possible (which is hovering at around $3 now) and avoid any more big purchases during this sale. I've already spent more than I meant to and I really need to watch my expenses. But as a G1 Transfan, you're making it really hard for me to stick to my guns right now. Really hard.

Dammit, Rhaknar. -_-

Colin.

Since I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to sell them, I opted for the gamble of crafting another sale badge, in the hopes of getting a rare item.

ujqKoeq.jpg

Why must I do this to myself :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just figured out that you can add a custom amount to your Steam wallet, as long as it's above the minimum amount.

useful?

hrtQpTK.png

denx

I promised myself I'd limit myself to what I've got left in my wallet if possible (which is hovering at around $3 now) and avoid any more big purchases during this sale. I've already spent more than I meant to and I really need to watch my expenses. But as a G1 Transfan, you're making it really hard for me to stick to my guns right now. Really hard.

Dammit, Rhaknar. -_-

Just keep in mind that WoC and FoC are part of a completely new continuity, although one that draws quite a bit from G1.

I'm about halfway through Remember Me. I'm finding the combat pretty fun, the story is interesting and fairly well-told, and the music is really great. It also runs like a dream around 98% of the time, with the very occasional frame dip - seemingly when loading certain scripted sequences.

My main complaint with the game is the lack of freedom of exploration. I reeeeeeally hope that's something that a game like Cyberpunk 2077 will bring to the table, because after having a taste of such an immersive, near-future cyber-y world, my frothing demand intensifies. Which leads me to this proclamation:

If you haven't played Remember Me, and you have any interest in post-apocalyptic-ish near-future cyber urban environments and aesthetic, you OWE it to yourself to play through this game, if only to gape slack-jawed at the world it presents. This game is utterly fucking gorgeous. To me, it's a tie between Tearaway and this for best looking game of the year. I honestly feel a little bad for the artists on this team, because this game wasn't a tremendous hit, and those guys totally deserve it for the work they pulled off here. I'm not sure if DONTNOD ran out of money, or time, or both, but it feels like they were headed in an amazing direction - and got there in certain instances. They've certainly crafted a really good game, and I can't wait to see what they do next.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Dammit, Rhaknar. -_-

Spoilers for characters in the game
Aerialbots, Dinobots, Insecticons, Gestalts, Soundwave with tapes, and more

ref

I'm about halfway through Remember Me. I'm finding the combat pretty fun, the story is interesting and fairly well-told, and the music is really great. It also runs like a dream around 98% of the time, with the very occasional frame dip - seemingly when loading certain scripted sequences.

My main complaint with the game is the lack of freedom of exploration. I reeeeeeally hope that's something that a game like Cyberpunk 2077 will bring to the table, because after having a taste of such an immersive, near-future cyber-y world, my frothing demand intensifies. Which leads me to this proclamation:

If you haven't played this game, and you have any interest in post-apocalyptic-ish near-future cyber urban environments and aesthetic, you OWE it to yourself to play through this game, if only to gape slack-jawed at the world it presents. This game is utterly fucking gorgeous. To me, it's a tie between Tearaway and this for best looking game of the year. I honestly feel a little bad for the artists on this team, because this game wasn't a tremendous hit, and those guys totally deserve it for the work they pulled off here. I'm not sure if DONTNOD ran out of money, or time, or both, but it feels like they were headed in an amazing direction - and got there in certain instances. They've certainly crafted a really good game, and I can't wait to see what they do next.

Agree completely, however I personally didn't mind it not being open world. I mean, sure, the game is gorgeous and I'd love to see more of the world, but it is what it is, and I can totally appreciate what's there. The amount of detail in what you see is just mind numbing. You can't really have that much detail in an open world game, unless you have a lot of time.

But yeah, that's what I tell people. If you're even slightly attracted to the screenshots of the world, there's pretty high chance you'll like it and won't mind it's shortcomings at all. Some of the best art design in a game in a very long time, and that soundtrack... just oozes with atmosphere.

Rhaknar

Just keep in mind that WoC and FoC are part of a completely new continuity, although one that draws quite a bit from G1.

Also this is true, it's like re-imagined G1

Tellaerin

A continuity inspired by G1 is good enough for me. Hell, I'm just grateful the games don't feature voice acting by Shia LaBeouf, or "robots" that look like giant mounds of magnetized paperclips and door hinges sculpted into humanoid form. (Apologies to any Bayformers fans reading this. :p )

Rhaknar

wtf apparently I do not own I Have No Mouth... I could sware I did, didn't even have it wish listed o_O

Agree completely, however I personally didn't mind it not being open world. I mean, sure, the game is gorgeous and I'd love to see more of the world, but it is what it is, and I can totally appreciate what's there. The amount of detail in what you see is just mind numbing. You can't really have that much detail in an open world game, unless you have a lot of time.

But yeah, that's what I tell people. If you're even slightly attracted to the screenshots of the world, there's pretty high chance you'll like it and won't mind it's shortcomings at all. Some of the best art design in a game in a very long time, and that soundtrack... just oozes with atmosphere.

I should be more clear, though, that I don't think an open-world would be a good thing for this game at all. Rather, when I see a nook or cranny or rooftop or small box that I want to take a closer look at or climb on, I want to be able to do that. Mainly there are tons of little areas just off the the side that look like you should be able to go there, but invisible walls abound. Or ledges that are far lower than ledges I've jumped to previously, only they aren't tagged for grabbing because they aren't on the main path. Obviously there must be limitations, and the linearity is totally fine, but I'd love it if the game's corridors (so to speak) were maybe twice as wide with stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom