• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not play this masterpiece*?

*and by masterpiece I mean steaming hunk of shit

I was so hyped for Beast Wars, that I actually bought it before I knew for certain that I was getting a PS1 for Christmas, and just sort of poured over the booklet and jewelcase from time to time, even though there was nothing interesting to be found.

I was disappoint.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have no mouth is a point and click adventure right?

ref

I should be more clear, though, that I don't think an open-world would be a good thing for this game at all. Rather, when I see a nook or cranny or rooftop or small box that I want to take a closer look at or climb on, I want to be able to do that. Mainly there are tons of little areas just off the the side that look like you should be able to go there, but invisible walls abound. Or ledges that are far lower than ledges I've jumped to previously, only they aren't tagged for grabbing because they aren't on the main path. Obviously there must be limitations, and the linearity is totally fine, but I'd love it if the game's corridors (so to speak) were maybe twice as wide with stuff.

Oh see, now this I can agree with. It's a shame so many professional reviews knocked the game for not being 'open world'.

this 17gb file for FF7 mods takes forever to download
but 1080p HD modded FF7 is worth it
I won't lie....I keep looking at the FF7 HD mod, and it just doesn't look good to me. It looks fake. Maybe too much nostalgia for the original?

Three games I'd never heard of and I bought during sale that are a bundle of fun---Nihilumbra, Castle Storm, and Risk of Rain. So good.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Vote Another World!
Or don't! So I won't have to get my creditcard...again.

Also, good day, SteamGAF. :)

Tellaerin

Spoilers for characters in the game
Aerialbots, Dinobots, Insecticons, Gestalts, Soundwave with tapes, and more

Arrrrrrgh! I really shouldn't do this now. I know I shouldn't. But between the stuff you spoiler-tagged and the possibility of Acti losing/dropping the license, I'm going to kick myself if I wait and the game ends up getting pulled. I'm so conflicted right now. >_<

There are still some keys left, including FTL.

Thanks, Wok. : ) Nabbed Serious Sam: Double D. It looked lonely and it was making puppy-dog eyes at me. >.>

Wok

I mean it is strange it is never taken. I am giving away differently:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-C7A943CC4E1C655C - Taken by kutthoat5150. 11 entrants total.

t1388486880z1.png

There are other keys left:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD #2 -- MB-6ACBC865A6ED6E2F
Serious Sam HD -- MB-14A2AFE7708A73EC
Nightsky -- MB-F5447C807017F9B6 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-0E5732F1175D3F32
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-B21CBB579C027EBB
Avadon -- MB-5D3F10B34D814D00 - Taken by madjoki
Nightsky #2 -- MB-EF5004CAAB3E65F8
Cogs -- MB-42BB9631816B42DA
Eets Munchies -- MB-51F4914E1A38A436 - Taken by darkchewie

Please refer to the original post to see if a game has been already taken in the meantime.

I mean it is strange it is never taken. I am giving away differently:

There are other keys left:

Please refer to the original post to see if a game has been already taken in the meantime.

I've attempted to enter for serious sam 2 twice. I am pretty certain I meet the criteria. Pretty sure it hasn't been taken yet. Either way just letting you know there could be a problem with it.

Tellaerin

Hmmm. Maybe i should enter as well. Intrusion 2 looks interesting. Anyone recommends it?

It's a side-scrolling, dual-stick run-and-gun shooter. There's crazy arcadey physics on the objects you interact with, which gives the action a kind of loose feel, though not necessarily in a bad way. Overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent game. It didn't set my world on fire or anything, but I've enjoyed the time I've spent with it, and I go back and mess with it every so often when the mood strikes me.

Oh, and you also get to ride around on a giant wolf. That alone is enough to make it worth checking out, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom