• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

yeah this sale has been really disappointing for me and officially ended for me yesterday... I may get about 2 dollas from globe cards sales :/

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
wowww wooww woow, wtf is going on there ?
image.php

Mugatu

i've been waiting for the war chest (cod 1/2/united offensive to go 75% off) but the most they've marked it down is 50% in past sales. Mind you these are 5+ year old games

Yeah, I generally don't hate on Activision but when it comes to sales you they definitely seem to be the greediest of the bunch - they just don't get that big discounts move a lot of product.

Don't get it. This game is an optimization mess. You are better off getting COD4.

Thank you! This is the first COD in a years that I haven't bought on day one so I'd still like to play it eventually but I think it might be more worthy of a rental for Xbox or PS3 than a PC purchase.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There's finally a second thread? It's a Christmas miracle!

It's understandable though. Why would you stick around in the discussion where everybody's positive
ly pissed off at every community vote
and generous giving away gifts and having fun when you can bicker about somebody else's opinion of what games were good this year?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the situation isn't actually messy: the state of Rhode Island owns the game and it has in fact gone on sale exactly once since the dissolution of 38 Studios (the story there is an interesting one). The issue is simply that nobody close to the situation cares enough to oversee the game with regularity. The Amalur IP was supposed to be sold off a couple of weeks ago, however the reserve price was too high and it failed to find a home.

At this point I'm more interested in The Wheelman getting relisted.

Silky

Banned
I'd love to run some Left 4 Dead 2 sessions with people. Perferably Versus so you guys can hear me complain how fucking terrible the Charger's hitbox is.

Tellaerin

So before I go collapse again for awhile, what's the verdict on Castle Crashers? Worth picking up for $3.74, or should I wait and put that money towards something potentially more worthy?

Derrick01

Banned
yeah this sale has been really disappointing for me and officially ended for me yesterday... I may get about 2 dollas from globe cards sales :/

I'm so tired of waiting for farming simulator to go on sale that I'm about to start up that 3DS harvest moon game even though I'm in the middle of like 4 other 3DS games already. This is gabe's fault.

So before I go collapse again for awhile, what's the verdict on Castle Crashers? Worth picking up for $3.74, or should I wait and put that money towards something potentially more worthy?

If you have not played it and have friends to play with then get it. I didn't find it fun alone, with friends though it was much more enjoyable.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everyone voted for The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, right?

RIGHT?

It's not the terrifying survival horror Sherlock Holmes game so I'm not interested.

I loved it when I played through with my roommate on 360, but it doesn't offer a whole lot. It's a straightforward beat em up. I guess it depends on your tolerance for that style of game. A lot of people don't think it has enough to hold their interest any more.

Tizoc

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ACTI, JUST PUT SPACE QUEST COLLECTION AS A DAILY OR FLASH ALFUCKING READY!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

bigace33

Pretty good sale so far considering I have nearly every game I want from steam right now. My haul so far.

Final Fantasy 8
Super Hexagon
Injustice gods among us (amazon sale for 19.99)
Giana Sisters
Rogue Legacy
Legend of Dungeon
Speed Runners
Electronic Super Joy

Still waiting on Deadpool to return at $9. I know I'm not finished but I already consider this sale a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom