• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you end up liking Rogue Legacy, I really love that game since I bought it in autumn. If I get the funds, I would totally do just a Rogue Legacy giveaway.

I've played over 5 hours of it already. The persistence of building up your town and vendors does an amazing job of giving it that "one more run" incentive. In most rogue-likes each run is all-inclusive, but the persistence ties them together so well.

MERRY XMAS GAF

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-C9088F806B4E10FE - Taken by nai. 14 entrants total.
Rogue Legacy -- MB-6A83D19DADBFCF3F - Taken by The_Monk. 25 entrants total.
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-1C2E88E8C0005F46 - Taken by Altazor. 10 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VIII -- MB-6BE071D772A64121 - Taken by hohoXD123. 38 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-6B627E2EFF7E202C - Taken by redfirm. 4 entrants total.

t1387991681z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Risk of Rain is my favorite pickup so far, easily. This game is so good.

Other grabs:

Legend of Dungeon
Eldrich
Monaco
Rise of the Triad

Haven't put more than a half hour into any of them yet. Rise of the Triad had me laughing the entire time though. I am going to have to jump in and play a level of that any time I'm looking to drop my IQ a few points.

It's funny, I was telling my mom about how many games I have to play, she gets me a Vita for Christmas, haven't spent a dime and have 6 games (It's TWD Bundle they had on sale on Black Friday on Amazon.)

Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and I hope the games you want get heavily discounted!

man, Aliens: Colonial Marines for $1.99 on Amazon. I know the game sucks.. but for $1.99 it's almost tempting to see for myself. Then again, even if the patch moved it from "steaming pile of garbage" to "dissapointingly mediocre", that would take time away from more deserving games in my backlog. Hmm. Hmmmmmm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
man, Aliens: Colonial Marines for $1.99 on Amazon. I know the game sucks.. but for $1.99 it's almost tempting to see for myself. Then again, even if the patch moved it from "steaming pile of garbage" to "dissapointingly mediocre", that would take time away from more deserving games in my backlog. Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
It's only 2 bucks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Standalone just works. And it doesn't have thousands of modifications (yet) that the mod got from the community splintering it to where you can't join 90% of servers.

So go for it. $30 IMO is too much for what the Alpha is, but it's fixed a few of my complaints with the mod.

Id love some sort of deal for Day Z too.

I've been interested in it since the early days but held off.

Now the standalone is out it'd make sense to grab that but it's fairly expensive at the moment :/

Honey Bunny

I still find it pretty bogus that a lot of people bought Arma II just to play the mod. Then Rocket is like "Yeah, the price for the SA will be cheap!"

*Charges $30*

> . >

The mod seems like a better purchase right now than the SA. At least that's what I'm telling myself because I just got the Arma II Collection :p

edit: thanks crazyrabbits for tropico 3 from the last thread!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Only about 5 games deep in this sale (and 2 were gifts), so I've been able to mostly avoid temptation thus far.

Though I could easily spend another 20-30 if the right games go on sale. If not, I can wait till summer. I am a patient man (with a disgusting backlog, but what else is new on Steam)

Kolgar

As I said earlier, I quite enjoyed it post-patch. If you groove on the Aliens universe, it scratches that itch. And Stasis Interrupted, the final DLC, is by itself worth the price of admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom