• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
In case yall didn't know, Europa Universalis is back down to 10 bucks on the Humble Store.

Finally picked up the game I was aiming for at the start of this whole thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I'm gonna be pissed if Pool Nation and Testament of Sherlock Holmes don't show up as a flash or daily before this is done. Both popped up for the community vote and lost because the community is fucking stupid. Shelter won, when it could have been gotten for a buck in mid November and Snow is a stupid ftp snowboard/skiing game that is in alpha stage, 50/50 chance of being a full product one day.

Honestly if games are only gonna show up in community votes I'd rather they just get rid of them and double up on flash sales.

Sherlock was a flash already, that's when I bought it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, my timing is just the worst.

This finally motivated me to try setting up alerts on IsThereAnyDeal

I shouted it from the roof tops all afternoon that day on the thread :(

Is Primal Carnage any good? I know it's only $3.74 but those kind of purchases can add up. I mean, on the one hand, DINOSAURS! On the other hand, I have FPS games coming out of my ears.

Carm

Sherlock was a flash already, that's when I bought it

For four bucks? I don't know how the hell I missed that if it was.

Steamprices.com says 23rd at 4.99. I sure as heck don't remember that, but the community vote was for 4 bucks anyway.

derFeef

I am curently listening to the Saints Row IV soundtrack on spotify.
And now I remember how awesome that game was. Not perfect, but just plain fun as a whole - keep on giving Volition.

Rhaknar

I am curently listening to the Saints Row IV soundtrack on spotify.
And now I remember how awesome that game was. Not perfect, but just plain fun as a whole - keep on giving Volition.

The beginning of saints 4 is still one of my favorite levels of the year, if not my favorite

I heard the action elements of the game are good but as an RE game it's terrible. I just made a thread about this the other day actually. The general consensus seemed not very good

I don't worry too much about what people think makes a good Resident Evil game given so many seem to look at Revelations as a return to form(I suppose a few puzzles make up for endless killrooms) Then again by reducing the combat system to RE4 levels people couldn't get confused. Oh well.

Resident Evil 6 is an action game without a doubt but it's a great one, unlike Resident Evil 5 which just followed on 4's coattails while removing all tension.

Grief.exe

Has this list been updated recently? I know there were some titles but more are going to get added.

In past years new games get added on as the month progresses.

Tony has been becoming more and more transperant, this may be due to Amazon releasing deals as they get inked.

We may get a full list next week, but right now that list is completely preliminary.

Tough vote for me this time. After seeing some of the mods in this thread I became interested in Skyrim, but there's also the chance they could screw up and accidentally put the Bioshock Infinite Season pass on sale again if it wins.

dani_dc

In past years new games get added on as the month progresses.

Tony has been becoming more and more transperant, this may be due to Amazon releasing deals as they get inked.

We may get a full list next week, but right now that list is completely preliminary.

Any place to check the preliminary list?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I haven't worked much with it, but every single person in my class that worked with GameMaker complained about it.

Unless you have absolutely no programming skills or just want to do quick prototyping, you're probably better off playing around with Unity.

There's a comparissions of features in the store page if you want to know what it adds compare to the free version.
I don't agree at all, actually. Cook, Serve, Delicious! and Stealth Bastard was made with Game Maker Studio, and Hotline Miami, Risk of Rain and Samauri Gunn were made with GM7/8.

I started with zero programming skills and now have average knowledge of GML, yet I can go from concept to game in six months and easily port across desktop and mobile. It's crazy.

Now, if your planning on console development, then you should probably look at other game making tools. But GM Studio has come a long way since the last year, and I wouldn't think of using anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom