• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was able to buy The Maw as a gift off the mobile website for Steam store. Try that out if you are still having problems with the normal website.

Edit: never mind, down now as well.

I refuse to believe Left 4 Dead 2 is causing this. Everybody and their mother owns that game. I'm not sure what is up but they really should push those flash deals back a few more hours.
But what about the people who were not on Steam? Or the Dota 2 crowd?

Oh geez, thanks Intheflorsh for Dark Souls! Even if I won't be able to get KOF by the deadline because of Steam, this definitely makes it up. =]

Now to look for that Durante DSfix.

Tagyhag

I refuse to believe Left 4 Dead 2 is causing this. Everybody and their mother owns that game. I'm not sure what is up but they really should push those flash deals back a few more hours.

It has to be, according to those charts that people got right before the crashing.

Oreoleo

What about the publishers/devs of the games for the next flash sale? They'd get screwed if the other got extended. Unless they just put them all up. Which no way will happen.

Why not? Put the new flash sales up but keep the discounts on the current games for another 8 hours, just like they do for the dailies.

Javaman

I wonder how many 10s of millions of ALT accounts are being made to farm cards and items. 2 bogus accounts will get enough to craft a l4d2 badge making one snow card. So 20 alt accounts per snow craft.

redfirm

Banned
B0t52.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder how many 10s of millions of ALT accounts are being made to farm cards and items. 2 bogus accounts will get enough to craft a l4d2 badge making one snow card. So 20 alt accounts per snow craft.

Your account needs to be level 5 for cards to drop.

this is the most likely scenario. people are greedy. valve should have put the price in 5 cents to avoid these people.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
well the card market still works :) I purchased a card and it worked alright. On a side note, I have a Snowglobe #6 I want to trade for a walking dead card.

Levyne

Banned
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but Papers, Please is legitimately great. Before I knew it I had a family member or two at my monitor double checking the forms and discussing whether I should bend the rules for money or for being nice.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Super quick giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Snuggle Truck -- MB-EAD557645E00833D - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 9 entrants total.
Doc Clock Sandwich of Time #2 -- MB-3C145CA54AD6EB78 - Taken by crazyrabbits
And Yet It Moves -- MB-879AABBE889D4FE9 - Taken by C4rter. 3 entrants total.
Doc Clock Sandwich of Time -- MB-25F76FA2400D84A0 - Taken by xGreg

t1388022731z1.png

Gazoinks

Papers Please won, and thus I shall purchase it with cashmoney. Now I'm not sure whether to wait on Gone Home or not. Is it common for games to show up as normal sales after losing voting?

gngf123

Everyone: Play the free beta of Papers, Please before buying the full version. The game really isn't for everyone.

Personally I found it very well put together, but immensely boring.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
For my PM to modbot for raffles, do I cut and paste the whole line or just the code?
Is it this----- Bad Rats -- MB-BD4DE8AC8B6C5802
Or this---- MB-BD4DE8AC8B6C5802
Or this---- BD4DE8AC8B6C5802
?
Thanks in advance for any help.

gngf123

For my PM to modbot for raffles, do I cut and paste the whole line or just the code?
?

Just do the whole line, but I think the second one is valid as well.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
?

Either the first or second one. The third one will not be recognized by ModBot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom