• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, I just got a random email confirmation from Amazon showing my same order # and Far Cry 3 product code that I ordered 3 weeks ago. At first I thought my Amazon account got hacked, but now that I'm sure its the same order from 3 weeks ago it must be a glitch. Anyone else have anything similar happen?

Something like that happened to me too except for a Tomb Raider order I placed last March, weird for sure. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back.

gngf123

Confirmation?

It clocks over every 8 hours, and the page doesn't show any signs of this being any exception.

5YEDf.jpg

It's really dumb how the Skyrim DLC costs more than the game itself.

That shouldn't happen.
I just want Dawnguard. =(
It's worth 4.99, simply because I'll be able to use new combat mods that completely revamp the difficulty/skill-system/spells/perks/etc/etc/etc. 9.99 though is just...are you freaking kidding me?

EDIT: Guess I ain't buying KoF XIII. Clicking the purchase button gives me an error.
This trend where DLC is more than the main game seems to be the latest thing. I'm looking at you Borderlands 2.

Is Skyrim worth it for the mods alone? I have Skyrim for PS3 already and put a ton of hours into it. I'm not sure if it's worth a re-buy for the mods or not.

Got $40 in Steam credit for Christmas. Hoping to pick up either Burial at Sea, Papers Please, Brothers and Broken Sword 5. Brothers is apparently free on PS plus in Jan., so I can hold off on that. Hoping Papers wins the community vote, but I'm not crossing my fingers. What do you think are the odds of either Burial at Sea or the BI Season pass being a daily deal? I know there was a pricing error at the start of the sale, but I missed it. I'm assuming since BS5 just came out this month, it probably won't be a daily.

Ezalc

So before Steam went down, I received an email that one of my cards sold. 6 hours later, I have over 100 of the same e-mail. It seems to have got stuck and repeating?

Oh man lucky!

If the store wasn't messing up I say you should spend it while you can, or gift people things or both. Like giving a gaffer Van Helsing *wink wink nudge nudge*

Colin.

Any thoughts on Guncraft? I had fun last year with the free Ace of Spades beta servers, which is the same idea as this, but the full release wasn't quite as enjoyable.

Is Skyrim worth it for the mods alone? I have Skyrim for PS3 already and put a ton of hours into it. I'm not sure if it's worth a re-buy for the mods or not.

I dumped vanilla Skyrim after about 30 hours.
I have close to 400 hours in modded Skyrim.

Yeah I'd say it's worth it.
Although I had to get myself a trainer mod (boosts skills and levels without actually doing anything) because the enchanting/smithing grind is dull as shit.

belushy

Banned
Any thoughts on Guncraft? I had fun last year with the free Ace of Spades beta servers, which is the same idea as this, but the full release wasn't quite as enjoyable.

Not sure but if you are looking for another "Minecraft" shooter, you should check out Murder Miners. Greenlight

I have it on Xbox 360 and it is awesome. Last I heard/read from Jforce is that it is in the Top 100 on Greenlight so it could be released in the next batch (would still have to wait for its official release obviously) but it is about 99% coming to PC.

Karl2177

Not sure but if you are looking for another "Minecraft" shooter, you should check out Murder Miners. Greenlight

I have it on Xbox 360 and it is awesome. Last I heard/read from Jforce is that it is in the Top 100 on Greenlight so it could be released in the next batch (would still have to wait for its official release obviously) but it is about 99% coming to PC.
I can also say that Murder Miners is great. It's basically Halo 1 and 2 mixed with Minecraft.

I dumped vanilla Skyrim after about 30 hours.
I have close to 400 hours in modded Skyrim.

Yeah I'd say it's worth it.
Although I had to get myself a trainer mod (boosts skills and levels without actually doing anything) because the enchanting/smithing grind is dull as shit.

I'll think about it, but I'm really tempted now. The graphic mods alone looks worthwhile.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-BF17786AC6E065EF - Taken by trailmix16. 26 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-BD4DE8AC8B6C5802 - Taken by ramoisdead. 34 entrants total.

t1388021066z1.png

Happy Kwanzaa.

Quixzlizx

I wish Long Live The Queen had won that community vote yesterday. Hasn't every person on Steam bought Super Hexagon already?

Hopefully it'll be part of a flash sale at some point.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Still can't load the store. No voting this round, no KoF. Now I'm wishing I hadn't put money in my Steam account. I could've used that for the Amazon winter sale.

foamdino

Merry Christmas SteamGAF!

A little late due to the Asian-American Gateway being broken (again) and internet traffic slowing to a crawl :(

(I'm missing out on so many deals - cannot access steam anymore)

TehWhite

Neo Member
With everyone having issues have u guys tried tweeting steam? or emailing ? .. im sure they'd extend the time... i've bought a bunch of games but the whole point was to get Kof during this sale and its pissing me off lol . I took a nap and I still cant buy the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom