• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone votes for Guacamelee! Would love to bite at that price.

Happy Horror Holidays everyone! I hope you all have enjoyed my previous giveaways, but if I may be frank, I think this may just be my best giveaway yet. Kept it with my love of horror, mostly. Keep up the holiday cheer here at NeoGAF, and everyone being so wonderfully giving!

Wow, amazing giveaway as always Dusk Golem!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Oh man. I just won Alien: Colonial Marines. Christmas is officially ruined.

(Thanks Cerity!)

Deadpool worth $10? GameStop download, says it's Steam. I know it isn't supposed to be very good but I was thinking about it for the humor alone. Edit: Oh, Amazon too.

Already have Guacamelee on ps3/vita but voted for it anyway. It's a terrific game.....except for the last boss fist which I still haven't beaten *shakes fist*

Is Endless Space heavy on warfare/combat? Does the AI love getting into conflicts with everyone? I love 4X games but prefer the expand, explore, exploit parts way over the exterminate part. Is it possible to win without heavily investing in military?

I'm wondering this as well! Anyone?

Ack. Does anybody know if that new L4D2 achievement will be valid tomorrow?

Like, if my wife "buys" the free gift and we play together later in the week, will I get the achievement or does it have to be today (which is not likely)?

Deadpool worth $10? GameStop download, says it's Steam. I know it isn't supposed to be very good but I was thinking about it for the humor alone.
It largely depends on your sense of humor. From the start, it beats you over the head with non-stop toilet humor. The combat is solid but the level design, enemy encounters, and graphics are all ass. It wasn't worth the $35 I spent on it anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any chance Capcom will remove GFWL from RE5?

Yes, but nothing has been confirmed on that front. One SPUF user claimed that Capcom Support told him that GFWL is being removed from the relevant games, but another user chimed in later to say that he was just told Capcom is waiting for concrete details from Microsoft as to how GFWL being shut down will affect such titles.

Happy Horror Holidays everyone! I hope you all have enjoyed my previous giveaways, but if I may be frank, I think this may just be my best giveaway yet. Kept it with my love of horror, mostly. Keep up the holiday cheer here at NeoGAF, and everyone being so wonderfully giving!

Holy crap! AWESOME giveaway, Steam GAF is nicest GAF

This holiday sale pushed me completely into PC gaming. I started with like 20 games and now have 60+. AHhhhhhhHHhahhhhh. I need help.

Edit: And I'm still hovering over the steam front page like a hawk.
My first Steam sale too, even though I've been a long time PC gamer (but been playing WoW and stuff..)

At first I bought a lot of games without much thinking, but then I started to buy only games I've been interested in for a long time (missed tons of games). I'll play those and then start looking for more games. There will be new sales and the games might be cheaper by then.
I've still bought plenty of games already

Yes, but nothing has been confirmed on that front. One SPUF user claimed that Capcom Support told him that GFWL is being removed from the relevant games, but another user chimed in later to say that he was just told Capcom is waiting for concrete details from Microsoft as to how GFWL being shut down will affect such titles.
I see. Well, we'll find out in 7 months.

So why is a F2P game on the flash deals? It just updated. M&M: Duel of Champions Founder's Pack.

For the same reason numerous free-to-play games have been on sale in flash and daily deals? War Thunder, Warframe, DC Universe Online and many others have had their "starter packs", or equivalents, on sale in this and past sales.

You are a madman! That's a very generous giveaway, thank you (and everyone else who's given away games).

KScorp

It's probably worth that, isn't it?

For some people, certainly. For someone like me who only has a mild interest in the game I'd prefer to wait for something closer to 75% off. I'm simply not sure if I'd spend more than an hour or two on the game.

this sale will be heavy on some pockets after all said and done. plus how do you guys play so many games. I can play one game for over a month some time due to time shortage lol.

NotSelf

[b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-799567F5F91E5C21 - Taken by Luap

It's a batty holiday.

Altazor

If you have a good grasp at how tbs games like civ work, endless space will provide you with quite some fun. There is a fair amount to learn, but just take it in chunks.

I'm a bit of a Civ noob, but I still managed to squeeze a lot of fun out of it (and, of course, a lot of "ONE MORE TURN" were said for hours). Thanks for the reply! :)

Guacamelee is one my favorite Metroidvania games and shits on anything Konami and Nintendo have done for the genre last gen.

There is some legitamtly difficult platforming that I appreciate, instead of travel in Metroidvania being mostly tedious after a point.

I didn't voted Guacamelee my mind went:"I have this game already on PS3", voted another game just to realize I wasn't gonna buy that other game anyway! Sorry.

But I think is gonna win anyway. In case it dosn't you will feel what I did when Brothers didn't win. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom