• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

So far, the only game that I've picked up is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Played it for an hour today, starts off really poorly.

Derrick told me it gets better after the beginning, though.

Smash88

Banned
I ordered Scribblenauts from Amazon.com and they are doing a security check?

Used a google address.... How fucked am I?

FloatOn

So far, the only game that I've picked up is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Played it for an hour today, starts off really poorly.

I'm in the middle of chapter 5 right now and I can attest to it getting significantly better after every chapter. Each chapter brings a new relic or a new type of magic that alters the way you deal with combat or traversal.

I love this game.

maty

Ack. Does anybody know if that new L4D2 achievement will be valid tomorrow?

Like, if my wife "buys" the free gift and we play together later in the week, will I get the achievement or does it have to be today (which is not likely)?

I hope so, I've been trying a few times to finish a few campaigns with strangers but so far I had no luck.

I had a few problems with some new players not listening and going on their own. And others who did try to help end up quitting because of people not helping each other :/

I'm going to be online in about an hour so if anyone wants to try L4D2 and help get this achievement in the meantime it'd be great.

chronomac

Happy Horror Holidays everyone! I hope you all have enjoyed my previous giveaways, but if I may be frank, I think this may just be my best giveaway yet. Kept it with my love of horror, mostly. Keep up the holiday cheer here at NeoGAF, and everyone being so wonderfully giving!

Terrific giveaway.

Who wants to fight? Triple your chances (enter for all, you can only win one!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition #1 -- MB-7762368C55BADCC6
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition #2 -- MB-25CBE1E4EA26BE65
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition #3 -- MB-428945132490C60C

t1388037896z1.png

AHA-Lambda

It has a very poor opening and takes some time to kick in but it's a pretty solid action title on the whole.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah yes, I remember you.

I wish I had that kind of money to just throw around.

The only reason I had that much to throw around is that, with the move from June to July in 2012, the Summer Sale now coincides with tax time here.

Edit: 2012, not 2011. I can't type today.

$1500 is the magic number.

I'm a dumbo and didn't start holding off on pre-Summer Sale deals until 2 or 3 weeks prior to it beginning. :(

Grief.exe

I'm really surprised Papers Please won over Gone Home. Both are great games, but Papers Please has already been featured in a flash sale

Contact GMG support? Not sure what we can do, we're not wizards unfortunately :(

I ended up solving it. For some asinine reason my new CD key ended up at the bottom of my purchase history, rather than the top like I assumed. There doesn't seem to be any obvious organization of the keys in my library so I got confused.

I hope so, I've been trying a few times to finish a few campaigns with strangers but so far I had no luck.

I had a few problems with some new players not listening and going on their own. And others who did try to help end up quitting because of people not helping each other :/

I'm going to be online in about an hour so if anyone wants to try L4D2 and help get this achievement in the meantime it'd be great.
Well my wife and I have played it A LOT on 360, so it's just a matter of not having time tonight after all the festivities.

We'll give it a run tomorrow morning, hopefully it's not a "once a year" thing, haha, it's bad day for that, in my opinion.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
so am thinking of picking up guacamelee, but i'm hesitant after hearing how difficult it is....

It isn't that hard. The platforming certainly gets a bit tricky but that was my favorite part of the game. Checkpoints are liberal and you almost never have to fight more than one enemy encounter between them, and failed jumps reset you in the same room with few exceptions.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Seeing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 on steam, it makes me really sad I still can't get the first two on Steam. I would likely play them so much more if they were just sitting in my library on steam.

Agreed! I do enjoy 3 but man having 1 and 2 on steam would be wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom