• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yesss Snow Globe #8 sold for $0.20.

Nice to see that prices are continuing to fall (not exactly a good thing for you, though, haha). I plan to level up my regular badge, using card money, to 5 so it's consistent with my other badges. I may also craft the foil badge if those cards have also bombed in price in a week.

Kadin

That reminds me. It's time to fire up Colonial Marines. I need more space on my HDD so I figure that'll probably be the first to go... or maybe not?

You may have noticed that I have been doing a lot of giveaways today. This is because I have spent the day getting a lot of amazon gift cards while also getting fairly inebriated. Go ahead and take advantage of my susceptible state, you monsters. ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-C2F4D3F74678EACE
The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC -- MB-22EA8D6BF7B89BF8
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-AED198C4A9E147B3
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-4401213877A19414
The Walking Dead Season One -- MB-BAB2FD0D485E25F9
Bioshock -- MB-8964E61FBCD1177B
Far Cry 3 -- MB-78C05F348D2B4BE5

t1388042307z1.png

Turfster

its 2 bucks, how could you go wrong :p

Famous last words, almost on par with the druggies that try krokodil. "Hey, this rots your privates, but how could it go wrong?" Yes, it's that fucking bad.

You may have noticed that I have been doing a lot of giveaways today. This is because I have spent the day getting a lot of amazon gift cards while also getting fairly inebriated. Go ahead and take advantage of my susceptible state, you monsters. ;)

Amazing giveaway. Sadly (well not really since it's good stuff), I already own everything so I can't quite take advantage of you! ;)

KuroNeeko

Hey Steam-family,

Just throwing this out there as I'm in a bit of a jam. I picked keys for Dark Souls (via Amazon) and coughborderlands2cough from GetGames hoping that they'd let me circumvent the region restrictions (i.e. neither game is available in my region.)

Unfortunately, this was not the case and I couldn't activate either key. I asked fellow GAFfer and Feynman-lover, Tesseract, to lend a hand and he wisely asked if keys could activated as steam-tradeable gifts but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any advice on what I can do from here? Help a gaffer get more death and loot this holiday season!

That's very generous of you, thanks!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
any good games anybody recommends for under 5$?

Super House of Dead Ninjas. I say as much here. http://steamcommunity.com//id/kenofthedead/recommended/224820/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

Four games under $5, with Toki Tori 1 and 2 primarily the reason to get them. Toki Tori 2+ in paticular is one of the better puzzle platformers out there with a lot of variety and reward for criticl thinking and exploration to see all that you can do.

Fortix 2. If you ever played Qix it's that type, if not, well it's easy to understand. You start off with a rectange and as a character that can only move in straight lines you "paint off" areas to capture enemies, destroy objects, activate effects, and get as much of the map completed as possible for high score.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45450/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_2

Commandos 2 and Commandos 3. Stealth, action, war. Built around taking stock about where everyone and everything is and figuring out the best path, best plan, best moments to get from area to area. A variety of locations and level design gives it a lot more variety than most other stealth games as the only "tactical action' game I ever felt where that term was fully accurate.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6830/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6840/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_2

Dark Void Zero. If the NES ever had a version of Zillon (Master System) "rip-off" back in the day, this would have been it. NES style, 8-bit graphics, respawning enemies, key cards, finding items and power ups, and other fun level design of the 8-bit era.
Originally made to be a promotional item of a 3D shooter game on last gen home systems and PC, but turned out to actually be a far better game than the AAA title ever could be.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45730/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_4

Deus Ex: Game Of The Year. An old title to be sure, but it still very much remains playable and fun for the amount of things you are allowed to do, different tactics you can take, and sense of satisfaction you feel when you accomplish something that wasn't the "standard way" the average game of the time or today would have done. Plenty of mods to make it an even better experience, easily found online for suggestions.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_8

Critter Crunch. One of the best match puzzle games out there due to it's frantic play style, visuals, and fun you have by making creatures eat each other before exploding. Where else can you honestly enjoy making a character regurgitate rainbows into it's child's mouth and be happy? Seriously though, it's a great game derived from the Magical Drop formula.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61730/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_10

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. Sherlock Holmes verses Cthulhu.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/11140/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_12

Stealth Bastard Deluxe. 2D side scroller stealth game that takes inspiration from what Super Meat Boy did for platformers, hard, but very rewarding as your skill at the game increases. By the end you'll return to the starting areas and wonder how it ever gave you such trouble. Note the skill involved is about stealth play, not twitch reactions... most of the time.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209190/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_13

The Binding Of Isac, rogue-like shooter in a top down setting that reminds most people of Legend Of Zelda titles.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_17

Zen Pinball FX2. The base game and one table is free, so go ahead and download it and try it out. All the tables save for the newest is on sale, so you got a good selection. I recommend the Marvel Pinball tables personally.
I recommend this as someone who is not good at pinball in real life and can't enjoy them for more than a couple of minutes at a time, yet with Pinball FX2 I have spent far more hours than I care to admit on the various versions of the game across numerous platforms. Added challenges, missions, and just ease of play combined with competing with friends for score is one of the purest examples I've ever experienced when it comes to the joy of video games for fun.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226980/

Super House of Dead Ninja. I may have mentioned it already, but I really do like it.

Kadin

Holy crap! Impressive list there...

Pakkidis

Famous last words, almost on par with the druggies that try krokodil. "Hey, this rots your privates, but how could it go wrong?" Yes, it's that fucking bad.

Amazing giveaway. Sadly (well not really since it's good stuff), I already own everything so I can't quite take advantage of you! ;)

True, but atleast I didn't spend 50$ like others. I'm comfortable spending 2$ to see how bad the game truly is.

Derrick01

Banned
How is SR4 as a superhero game? I'm a sucker for games that give you comic book style powers so I'm wondering how the powers are in this game and if the game uses them in fun ways?

It's like playing an open world game with cheat codes on...fun for half an hour but then it's time to get back to playing it seriously. Except you can't ever do that in SR4. Throw in really bad mission design and random collectibles thrown on to the map in a way that even Ubisoft would be impressed by and you have one bad game. It can be pretty funny at times though.

KuroNeeko

Awesome!

Thank you, Intheflorsh!

Newblade

Nice to see that prices are continuing to fall (not exactly a good thing for you, though, haha). I plan to level up my regular badge, using card money, to 5 so it's consistent with my other badges. I may also craft the foil badge if those cards have also bombed in price in a week.

If last Christmas sale is anything to go by, prices will rise close to the end.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know whether to grab Papers, Please or a bunch of Rocksmith DLC (all for 50% off). Good thing is I have a little over 4 card bucks on my wallet. The bad thing is that either option will cost me more than that, with the DLC being $35.37.

Man, I didn't think Rocksmith would end up being so expensive. I should get Papers, Please instead, right?

Cheddahz

Banned
It's like playing an open world game with cheat codes on...fun for half an hour but then it's time to get back to playing it seriously. Except you can't ever do that in SR4. Throw in really bad mission design and random collectibles thrown on to the map in a way that even Ubisoft would be impressed by and you have one bad game. It can be pretty funny at times though.

Oh my god, your tag...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So... did someone forgot to update Pacman discount?
It's still 33% off with the deal expering on the 2nd of January.
Considering that the 33% off lasts for the entirety of the sale I would imagine so.

Altazor

great giveaway, man! Much appreciated :)

Eusis

New to using Modbot, so let's go with something good that no one I know has wanted to claim (usually owing to already owning if they cared):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alpha Protocol -- MB-FBAE5D00F1ACBC56 - Taken by LeadProtagonist

Tesseract

Banned
Hey Steam-family,

Just throwing this out there as I'm in a bit of a jam. I picked keys for Dark Souls (via Amazon) and coughborderlands2cough from GetGames hoping that they'd let me circumvent the region restrictions (i.e. neither game is available in my region.)

Unfortunately, this was not the case and I couldn't activate either key. I asked fellow GAFfer and Feynman-lover, Tesseract, to lend a hand and he wisely asked if keys could activated as steam-tradeable gifts but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any advice on what I can do from here? Help a gaffer get more death and loot this holiday season!

quoting for posterity. i'm not at all sure how region locks influence steam retail keys, maybe you can circumvent the lock with a proxy. (derp, vpn. tunnel that shit!)

someone halp.

*edit* jasec fires a half court buzzer for the w.

Pakkidis

Um keep drinking ....responsibly though....

All this generosity and tomorrow i will put up one of my own giveaways.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Steam-family,

Use Spotflux (US-based VPN) to activate the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom