• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Hoping Guacamelee! wins the vote this time around. Looks pretty fun.

yup. Guacamelee and Castlevania are the only games I wanted from this sale. So far, it looks like I'll get away with what I wanted. I did grab a couple other games and check when things refresh to see if I can blow any more money though

:/

steam sales.

denx

I'm hoping when I wake up, there are deals that apply to me and hopefully that apply to you as well. I have a lot of stuff to deal with tomorrow, after everything that happened in my life today. Once again, you guys are great and I hope the holidays were good for you!

uh-uh, that doesn't sound so good. :(

Whatever happened today, I hope you'll be OK and have a wonderful end of year (and everybody else in this fine Steam corner of GAF).

Iztli

No Enslaved....

B8986rd.gif

aww poor cat :'(

here I found this

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $9.99 (steam)

denx

I haven't played Dishonored yet, but the comments I've read suggest the game should be played as an stylish action game, because playing the uber-stealthy way can get dull fast.

I'm hoping when I wake up, there are deals that apply to me and hopefully that apply to you as well. I have a lot of stuff to deal with tomorrow, after everything that happened in my life today. Once again, you guys are great and I hope the holidays were good for you!
Good luck bro hope everything is okay

I didn't have any expectations coming into Dishonored and liked it.

High expectations ruined my first Dishonored playthrough, I remember thinking to myself "everything this game does Bioshock Infinite will do better". Yup. It wasn't until I played through the game a year later when I realized the game's brilliance.

I haven't played Dishonored yet, but the comments I've read suggest the game should be played as an stylish action game, because playing the uber-stealthy way can get dull fast.

I really liked the Stealth, blink gives you a kind of mobility not common in stealth games.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lmao @ Derrick's tag. That's one helluva potential quote material.

Also, thanks SephirothRK for Angelica Weaver!

Vibranium

Banned
Dammit, the Lego Marvel DLC isn't on sale!

Marvel and WB know they'll get my money out of the full price for the pack :( Will buy now, sigh...

Nice new tag Derrick! I like your opinions and all (despite enjoying Human Revolution and Tomb Raider for what they were rather than the games they succeeded) but it does give food for thought.

Ah, of course Pac-Man goes on sale the day after I have to buy it as a gift. At least I can get a copy for myself-

What the hell, that's the price it was before the flash sale on Steam. >:|

Derrick01

Banned
lol. Oh that reminds me, you should probably pick up Thief now for ~$6, as I doubt you really want to risk $60 considering its development history.

What? Is that on ebay or something?

I'm probably getting it/renting it on PS4 though as it's stronger than my old-ish PC.

Levyne

Banned
Ah, of course Pac-Man goes on sale the day after I have to buy it as a gift. At least I can get a copy for myself-

What the hell, that's the price it was before the flash sale on Steam. >:|

Yeah on the product page it's as if it doesn't know it's supposed to be a flash sale, lol.

Eusis

wait you cant include the game name with the code?
Was a screw up as I hadn't participated before, thought I'd ask to verify if the game name was necessary or if it'll still work.

Anyways, thanks for the answers guys!

I'm probably getting it/renting it on PS4 though as it's stronger than my old-ish PC.
Yeah, that's my plan for many upcoming multiplats like Thief. The CPU's stronger, but that doesn't seem to matter much relative to stronger GPU + to the metal coding.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Papers, Please is a very addicting game, wow. Such a simple game is so addicting, my family is hungry and cold, I just bought them some damn medicine! I'm not made of money

I looked at a video and I can see how it can be addicting. Probably won't buy it this sale though.

Grief.exe

I always thought Derick's tag of Yin was quite appropriate, especially if you were familiar with Neogaf culture and Shinobi's Yang.

Derrick dislikes many AAA games, while Shinobi is almost a corporate stooge in terms of his game taste and support.

lol

dani_dc

Got PES 2014 via GMG.

Heard a lot of negative (and also some positive) stuff about the game, but I've been in need of a football game on Steam for quite some time now, and a bit over 10 euros seemed like a good price for the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I always thought Derick's tag of Yin was quite appropriate, especially if you were familiar with Neogaf culture and Shinobi's Yang.

Derrick dislikes many AAA games, while Shinobi is almost a corporate stooge in terms of his game taste and support.

Now Shinobi's tag is back to making no sense. :( (Derrick's tag was temporarily changed once before, though I can't remember what to exactly. Something about... something.)

denx

I actually got my mind a bit blown by this, as I never understood what the Yin and Yang tags stood for in Derrick's and Shinobi's profiles.

Backlogger

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

Yeah, it's annoying. I have a ton of Borderlands 2 RU DLC I need to pick up and while 50% isn't too bad since the items are already cheap, 66%+ would be better since the savings add up.

Yeah, I would have bough all the remaining BL2 DLCs had they done that. But pretty much what I don't own is just character customization stuff so the only reason I will eventually get it is for the completionist in me.

Dammit - Steam came back after the community choice game was on sale...and now I can't recall what that game was. It was all artsy and shit and looked worthy of spending $2.50 on.

Vibranium

Banned

l

Shinobi has criticized more games of late as I've seen, he was skeptical of Titanfall, wasn't he? I know he's a massive fan of Mass Effect though and doesn't seem to care much about the writing's quality, which is unfortunate.

In any event, Derrick's tag is probably here to stay. GAF should give him an all-expenses paid trip to Ubisoft HQ in France for Christmas next year, it would be hilarious haha.

Grief.exe

I actually got my mind a bit blown by this, as I never understood what the Yin and Yang tags stood for in Derrick's and Shinobi's profiles.

post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

You guys are really good making me want games I'd never thought twice about before. Luckily, Dishonored isn't quite at that impulse buy price, and I think I already missed out when it was on sale. Papers, Please is also another such game, but I can probably live without it.

denx

Mass Effect 3 - worth $7? I enjoyed the previous two.

(via Amazon)

At $5 it would be a resounding YES. At $7, probably.

The thing is, none of the DLC is discounted (damn BW points). The base game feels lacking, and the DLC fills on those gaps to a certain extent. ME3 by itself doesn't feel like the rounded experience that were the previous two games even without the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom