• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Nice to see that prices are continuing to fall (not exactly a good thing for you, though, haha). I plan to level up my regular badge, using card money, to 5 so it's consistent with my other badges. I may also craft the foil badge if those cards have also bombed in price in a week.

As long as it stays above 0.15 I'm happy though. I still have an FTL Kestrel Card which has left unsold for weeks at 0.10 :-\

New to using Modbot, so let's go with something good that no one I know has wanted to claim (usually owing to already owning if they cared):

Oh god damn it, I should have just raffled 10 copies of Alpha Protocol. Next time! XD

There might never be a next time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Steam-family,

Just throwing this out there as I'm in a bit of a jam. I picked keys for Dark Souls (via Amazon) and coughborderlands2cough from GetGames hoping that they'd let me circumvent the region restrictions (i.e. neither game is available in my region.)

Unfortunately, this was not the case and I couldn't activate either key. I asked fellow GAFfer and Feynman-lover, Tesseract, to lend a hand and he wisely asked if keys could activated as steam-tradeable gifts but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any advice on what I can do from here? Help a gaffer get more death and loot this holiday season!

To be honest, the person who would be most informed on that particular subject would probably be JaseC.

Edit: Beaten.

Eusis

I screwed up and PM'd Modbot ONLY the code, not the game name. Is it fine to resubmit or should I forget about that game's giveaway?

And seeing as I got the giveaway done right I guess I'll throw other stuff in.

Turfster

I screwed up and PM'd Modbot ONLY the code, not the game name. Is it fine to resubmit or should I forget about that game's giveaway?

Edit:
You don't need to add the game name if you want to participate in a giveaway.

TheD

The Detective
Lol,
I managed to win Hard Reset from SephirothRK (Thanks BTW) bar having the timer in the giveaway say 30 seconds left at the time I loaded the page (it took me some time to scroll down to the giveaway, see the game and find a link to modbot).
Once I refreshed the page just after sending the PM, the giveaway was over, so it must of been in the last few seconds that I got in.

Derrick01

Banned
While your tag gives the general impression most people on here have of you, I really enjoy reading your opinions on games, as you're not afraid to shoot down every aspect of a game

I'm not depressed though. Like, at all. I'm just a cynic and critic by nature I guess. It keeps my mind active.

Haha, did you antagonize EatChildren in the LTTP thread?

That's what I thought but he claims to have had nothing to do with it.

Hey, you make that GOTY list yet? I'm genuinely interested.

Not yet I'm still gradually playing the last 4 games I may or may not put on. With the exception of zelda they're all pretty long games and highly replayable so I'm doing a lot of testing to see what holds up and what doesn't so if I do put them on my list I can feel like I got it right instead of pulling a Skyrim where I assume it's good enough after a few hours only to find out it eventually falls apart completely.

BigAT

You may have noticed that I have been doing a lot of giveaways today. This is because I have spent the day getting a lot of amazon gift cards while also getting fairly inebriated. Go ahead and take advantage of my susceptible state, you monsters. ;)

Wow, great giveaway.

It will work with just the code only as long as it's complete.

Pakkidis

The good news is that I won Blades of Time LE from Sephiroth...the bad news is steam says the code is invalid :(. Not that I really care, its the thought that counts.

Papers, Please is a very addicting game, wow. Such a simple game is so addicting, my family is hungry and cold, I just bought them some damn medicine! I'm not made of money

WisK

Neo Member
I waited a whole year and now im not sure psychonauts will finish downloading in time for me to get the christmas achievement.

wait you cant include the game name with the code?

Koeta

anyone else notice DLC hasn't been going on 75% off sale for Borderlands 2, Dishonored & Skyrim?

I been waiting for weeks/months and best I seen is 50% :(

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm hoping when I wake up, there are deals that apply to me and hopefully that apply to you as well. I have a lot of stuff to deal with tomorrow, after everything that happened in my life today. Once again, you guys are great and I hope the holidays were good for you!

Hubb

anyone else notice DLC hasn't been going on 75% off sale for Borderlands 2, Dishonored & Skyrim?

Dishonored I believe was 75% off. Or maybe I just nabbed the GOTY for 75% off. Long legs and good DLC sales are keeping the prices up I imagine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you da jasec, digitized high five!

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

Yeah, it's annoying. I have a ton of Borderlands 2 RU DLC I need to pick up and while 50% isn't too bad since the items are already cheap, 66%+ would be better since the savings add up.

yoshizzle

I'm hoping when I wake up, there are deals that apply to me and hopefully that apply to you as well. I have a lot of stuff to deal with tomorrow, after everything that happened in my life today. Once again, you guys are great and I hope the holidays were good for you!

I hope everything will be okay for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom