• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
FINALLY! Was it really that hard to do just a little bit sooner? Goddamnit, I almost lost all the hope.

Well, holiday sale....

akhkrh.gif

Platy

25% and 33% ????

On a DAILY DEAL ???

Are you KIDDING ME steam ????

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING GAME ??? >=O

Gvaz

Banned
Ok I'm partially confused because I have the game already on GFWL back when it was like a dollar or something, I thought it was on steam.

even so: Metro

Any recommendations on what expansions/extra content to get with Crusader Kings II? There is a fuck ton available, a good chunk on sale, but I'm not looking to spend a ton on DLC when I'm getting the game for $10.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/wiki/expansions This is the reddit ck2 wiki link talking about expansions

excerpt:

Which expansions should I purchase?
Generally, the community holds The Old Gods (for extending game-play by two hundred years) and Legacy of Rome (for allowing players to create standing armies, called 'retinues') above the other expansions. As Charlemagne unlocked the 769 start date (another hundred years before The Old Gods), this might quickly become a favorite too. However, the enhancements and varied game-play provided by the other expansions are not to be ignored - each expansion enriches the game in its own way, or unlocks new characters to play.[/QUOTE]

IMO TOP 4 DLC is :
1. The Old Gods
2. Legacy of Rome
3. Charlemagne (has yet to go on sale)
4. Republic (if you wanna play a doge) o Rajas of India if you wanna play an Indian ruler and open up more of the map

Nokterian

Ok I'm partially confused because I have the game already on GFWL back when it was like a dollar or something, I thought it was on steam.

even so: Metro

It is on steam for a long long long time it never went away and it used GFWL. That since last month been removed and patched by Nordic Games removing GFWL and now using Steamworks.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-01A0711823D3A3C7 - Taken by legacyzero

Purkake4

Banned
Get Red Faction Guerilla Steam Edition people! No more GFWL only Steamworks! Also using Direct X 11 now. Being a space asshole feels so good for that low price.
So many awesome memories, getting into buildings from the roof with the hammer, disintegrating whole bridges. I really hope RF4 is coming out at some point

Dishonored GOTY for $10 is so good that it's surprising to see people not jump at it. :p Replay value is fantastic. I've played through without alerting or killing anyone, killing only as needed, and killing every living thing. All I need is the 2nd DLC...probably grab it for $5, but I won't get to it for a while.

DukeBobby

Make sure to pick up To the Moon if you haven't got it already.

You may think it's melodramatic garbage, or you may blubber like a baby (like I did). Either way, it's definitely worth playing.

Salsa

tried to buy transistor knowing I had no more money on my CC and it went through

guess transistor's my last purchase

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Divinity at only 33% off is disappointing. That was the only "expensive" game I was hoping to snag; was really wishing for 50% off.

I think I'll wait; I have too much to play right now, anyway.

These are on my wish list.
Rex Rocket
Rocket Knight
20xx
Xenodrifter
Wings of Vi
Super Panda Adventure
Amazing princess Sarah
Jet gunner
JoyLancer
Platformines
Top Hat
Magicians and Looters
Viktor: Enforcer Edition
Noitu Love 2 Devolution

awesome, will take a look, thanks!

Not sure if it counts, but Freedom Planet is 50% off right now ($8.50 CAD). It's more like Sonic and Ristar than Megaman, and the production values are closer to the Sega CD/Saturn era, but it's very cool 2D old-school action platforming.

Bought Freedom Planet earlier. Really fun.

If we are talking old school 2-d platformers then there are quite a few.

Oniken
Freedom Planet
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Volgarr the Viking

All of those games scratch the retro itch and more. Cave Story is great as well but everybody has that :)

Awesome sir. Thanks!

Divine: Divinity (0.99€) and Divinity II (3.99€) are also on sale. Divine: Divinity feels a lot like Diablo but it has great humour and an excellent storyline. It's also a huge game. Divinity II on the other hand is an action RPG, also great humour and an interesting plot.

Thrakier

Should I buy Divinity or play Shadowrun first which is sitting in my backlog for quite a while? Divinity seems to be the better game.

Can someone give impressions of This War of Mine

I'm about 4 hours into it and it's a resource management game at its core. You start with 3 survivors and have a set amount of time each day to manage their needs and build up your shelter. You can craft various amenities to improve the living condition: Beds will get them a better night's sleep, a stove to cook on will get more nutrients out of your food, etc. Supplies are scarce though and you won't be able to satisfy everyone. Your survivors will be starving, sick, wounded, depressed, etc. and you have to decide how to prioritize resources. If someone gets sick, you may have to trade away your food for medicine and have others go hungry for a few days, etc.

At night, you can send one survivor to venture out and scavenge for supplies. You may run into hostile bandits, people willing to trade, or other survivors you can steal from if you choose to. Early on, weapons are hard to come by, so you may find you have to steal in order to survive. This may morally affect your survivors as they acknowledge the people you stole from may now die at your expense. You can also assign the remaining survivors to sleep or guard at night. You can get attacked and have people injured or supplies stolen if your defenses are not up to par.

I've been playing pretty conservatively and avoided combat so far so I can't really comment on how that works. It's an interesting, albeit depressing game.

Uzzy

Should I buy Divinity or play Shadowrun first which is sitting in my backlog for quite a while? Divinity seems to be the better game.

Buy Divinity but play Shadowrun first.

Is any of Tomb Raider's DLC worth it?

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is the only single player DLC there, and is rubbish just like the rest of the 'tombs' in that game. The multiplayer stuff is also pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom